What wrestling shows have you attended?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I only attended WWF / WWE events. All of them took place at the Bell Center in Montreal:

-WWF Smackdown!, October 18th 2001
-WWF Raw, March 18th 2002
-WWE Raw, March 2002
-WWE No Way Out 2003
-WWE Raw, July 7th 2003
-WWF Raw, May 2004
-WWE Smackdown, January 20th 2005
-WWE RAW , August 15th 2005

The highlights for me were the ovation to Hogan, HBK completely having the crowd in his hands, Stone Cold Steve Austin returning at NWO 2003 (his ovation was so crazy I could barely hear myself talk when his music hit), La Resistance winning the tag team titles, and Y2J confronting the Rock at SD! in 2001 (if you think Cena is getting negative reactions, then it'S NOTHING compared to the reaction Rock that night). NWO 2003 was the best show.

Low points was the Scott Steiner vs HHH match at NWO 2003, and the beginning of the oh-so-wonderful necrophilia angle on Raw of October 2002 (the angle started the previous week, but at leat got a fairly good show with Raw Roulette. Not only did the angle get significantly worse, but the show had nothing to redeem itself. Definitely the worst I attended)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I only attended WWF / WWE events. All of them took place at the Bell Center in Montreal:

-WWF Smackdown!, October 18th 2001
-WWF Raw, March 18th 2002
-WWE Raw, March 2002
-WWE No Way Out 2003
-WWE Raw, July 7th 2003
-WWF Raw, May 2004
-WWE Smackdown, January 20th 2005
-WWE RAW , August 15th 2005

The highlights for me were the ovation to Hogan, HBK completely having the crowd in his hands, Stone Cold Steve Austin returning at NWO 2003 (his ovation was so crazy I could barely hear myself talk when his music hit), La Resistance winning the tag team titles, and Y2J confronting the Rock at SD! in 2001 (if you think Cena is getting negative reactions, then it'S NOTHING compared to the reaction Rock that night). NWO 2003 was the best show.

Low points was the Scott Steiner vs HHH match at NWO 2003, and the beginning of the oh-so-wonderful necrophilia angle on Raw of October 2002 (the angle started the previous week, but at leat got a fairly good show with Raw Roulette. Not only did the angle get significantly worse, but the show had nothing to redeem itself. Definitely the worst I attended)

Didn't that Raw Roulette show have TLC 4 on? I'd gladly take that in return for necrophilia talk :lol: I remember how over La Resistance were on that Raw, probably the highlight of both guys WWE run. I'd trade all of my shows for the HBK trolling Montreal show in 2005 though, holy fuck I would have been laughing my ass off.

I've been to 4 wrestling shows total:

WWE Smackdown/ECW House Show, Cardiff, April 2009
WWE Smackdown/ECW House Show, Cardiff, November 2009
CHIKARA Pier Pressure, Cardiff, April 2015
4FW Ultimate Supremacy, Swindon, July 2015

Nice bit of variety there :lol: The two WWE shows were cool, had 4th row seats to both, with the second one being next to the entrance aisle meaning I high fived many a WWE talent that night.

Highlights of the first show were the Christian/Swagger & MVP/Shelton matches, seeing The Undertaker in person & seeing Umaga before his TV comeback. Highlights of the second were The Undertaker vs. CM Punk in a casket match (that opened the show so Taker could be flown to London to appear at the end of Raw that was being filmed at the same time), Batista staring me down (dude is scary as fuck) and seeing Rey Mysterio in person.

The two shows from this year were Indy's, so lower production rates, but I'd put the CHIKARA show above both WWE shows. Just a great fan based product, plus I got to see Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, various Ants & Ultramantis wrestle (plus a few great with The Batiri, UMB & Bryce). The other fans were hella nice too, hell, Maffew from Botchamania was hanging around too!

The 4FW show was definitely the weakest wrestling wise, but still cool to see a lot of promising younger English guys. he show was main evented by Rey Mysterio & Alberto Del Rio, so that was sweet. The other good bits were a great heavyweight title match featuring Doug Williams, and big Dave Mastiff just hilariously murdering some local dude. Twas glorious.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I've only been to one WWE show, some SummerSlam house show tour in 2008, with a main event of CM Punk vs. Batista. Went to a ROH TV taping last year that had AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal as the last match on the taping, that was great. Been to a few independent shows that I don't remember the name of the promotion (or the wrestlers who wrestled either really), but it's always great seeing wrestling live, especially at independents, when you get the adrenaline of being so close to the ring and the wrestlers.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Been to a live event in 2012. Got to see Dean Ambrose pre-Sheild and CM Punk in the middle of his record WWE Title run. He was a heel and with Paul heyman at this point. And I went to a main event/smackdown taping a year ago. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose were feuding.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I was at Wrestlemania VI and X-8 in Toronto and a Florida house show in 1995 where the co-main event was....wait for it.....Diesel vs. Sid in a Steel Cage and Undertaker vs. Kama in a Casket Match. Yep, great show. :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Only ever been to one TNA show at Universal Studios a few years ago.

We don't get much wrestling around where I live and WWE don't particularly come near to me when they come to the UK.