What matches made you mad/disappointed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
BECAUSE IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT

What matches made you angry because they didn't go the way you wanted it to, where just plain stupid shit involving wrestlers you like, etc? What matches disappointed you because you were excited for them and then they ended up being underwhelming?

It's 31 years later and I am still legit mad at the Ultimate Warrior beating the Honky Tonk Man in less than a minute. That was complete and utter bullshit. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, WARRIOR.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar at Mania 32.

FUCK THIS MATCH. I hate it so much. Brock basically ruined Mox's big Mania moment and Creative turned down all of Mox's creative ideas. Such a disappointing match, Mox didn't even get to look good in it. I didn't expect him to win, but I expected for him to least look badass. But of course nooooo we can't have that, can we :Smash:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I can't think of a bigger match that disappointed me than Charlotte/Asuka at Mania 34. I was expecting a banger, and while the match was still very good, it wasn't to my expectations.

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Every mainevent match this year that wasn't Cody/Jericho

Reactions: Vegeta

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
Almost every match involving Cena or Reigns.

As for recent. Seth Rollins vs the Fiend at Hell in the Cell was arguably one of the most dogshit booking clusterfucks in wrestling history. That was a god damn travesty and really turned me off the WWE product since.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
One of the most recent ones for me since i'm clearly a fan was Becky losing at SummerSlam 2018. At that moment, little did we or the WWE realise what was about to happen and everything that conspired afterwards. Pretty fucking crazy to think about.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar at Mania 32.

FUCK THIS MATCH. I hate it so much. Brock basically ruined Mox's big Mania moment and Creative turned down all of Mox's creative ideas. Such a disappointing match, Mox didn't even get to look good in it. I didn't expect him to win, but I expected for him to least look badass. But of course nooooo we can't have that, can we :Smash:
Pretty much this for me too

Reactions: Mox Girl

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can't think of a bigger match that disappointed me than Charlotte/Asuka at Mania 34. I was expecting a banger, and while the match was still very good, it wasn't to my expectations.
That match WAS a fucking banger. Maybe MOTN for that show.

Reactions: Chris

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
the main event from last years Mania....what a turd

Reactions: The Gurricane

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Just a few matches.

Lesnar/Goldberg Matches - Built up as legendary Mania level matches, any time the two stepped in the ring, it was full of finishers. It's like the old Smackdown games where you can hit 5 finishers right out of the gate. Awful.

MITB 2019 - Lesnar with the MITB is one of the funniest things to go on RAW in the last two years. Him dancing with the MITB like it's a Jukebox is hilarious. If only the way he won it was cool. Ali was getting the pop he was going to win, then Lesnar's music hit. They made Ali look incredibly stupid by having him just stand there like a deer in the headlights.

Lesnar v. Kofi Kingston SD Fox Premier for the WWE Title- 10 seconds. Fuck. You.

Owens v. Goldberg - Talk about burials. Owens has a stigma as Universal Champion, many people expected him to be this killer champion who "fought everyone". I think the transition should've been different for the character, but either way, Owens and Jericho was a fun duo. This match was going to determine if Goldberg could still wrestle, Owens would've embarrassed him harder then Regal did in WCW. All in all, it pissed a lot of people off. Owens was shafted down the card to work a program with Jericho.

Goldberg v. Taker - A botchy flop, showing that WWE had no morals when it came to leaving memories alone. A lot of the Saudi shows' big events could be put on here in all honesty.

Omega/Okada 2 - I wasn't upset, I was happy honestly, because this was great, but I really felt like Omega should've won. Maybe have him defend it successfully in their third match. I was surprised they let Okada retain, because by the third match, you kind of knew it was going to happen.

A-LOT of Roman Reigns' Matches - I was a huge hater of Roman. My first ever forum post on old skool reunion was talking about how I hated him, even though I didn't know the guy (I was 13 or 14, lol). From the Rumble, to him beating Styles, to taking the belt back from HHH at Mania, I was so done with wrestling because of him. I don't mind him as much now, and have a lot of respect for his calm demeanor outside of the ring, but I really thought he had no passion at some point lol.

Becky/Ronda/Flair - The build was really irritating. Asuka jobbed to Flair clean on SD, they made some really weird excuse to not put Becky in, and Ronda was doing an awful "shoot" gimmick. By the time the match rolled around, it was an average at best match, that probably should've been on a smaller PPV like Backlash or possibly Summerslam.

The Last Few Rumbles - I'm here for the surprises and cross overs. Some have been alright, but none have been memorable. I like seeing returns. Hurricane's probably the biggest pop I've gotten.

Royal Rumble 2020 - If Edge or CM Punk doesn't show up, I'mma be a salty sea biscuit. Quit teasin' me!

There's probably still some more, but I'm struggiling to think of it. Japan's the only territory I'm not disappointed in. Even if it's a weird call, the matches are still good.

Last edited:

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
Sting vs HHH at WM 31. It was an absolute joke that Sting finally joined WWE after holding out for years just to job out to someone so beneath him like that.

Lacey & Corbin vs Seth & Becky at Extreme Rules last year. Vince had the chance to show he still has a set and put the alphas over. Instead he doubled down on the beta cuck and the chick with penis envy to please the nerd herd.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sting had to put over Jeff Jarrett.....that's so beneath its hanging with splinter.