What if the Rock and Brock returned!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Let's be honest....the WWE needs a jolt. I understand the whole youth movement thing, but it's time for Vince open up his pocket book. Let's just say Vince decides to add The Rock and Brock Lesnar back to the company for 1 year.

How would you book their returns? Who would they fued with? Would they put anyone over?

Do you think it would be worth it for the WWE to bring them in at this point in their careers?

Reaction score
Ehh... I don't know.

The Rock is content re-making Hulk Hogan's awful movies (albeit unintentionally, lol) and Brock is a major draw in UFC. I'll admit I'd love for Lesnar to come back to the WWE and smash the shit out of some people, but it wouldn't happen that way. He'd be doing comedy spots with the Bella Twins and jobbing on a nightly basis to Wigger Jorts.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
The Rock and Lesnar are pretty much said by Gate.. If they returned... Rock would probably feud with Edge, Cena, or HHH, (Or a returning Jericho) and Lesnar would probably feud with Taker or Kane.

I think if anyone was returning, at this point it might be people like X-Pac, Scott Hall, The Nastys, or Kevin Nash. Maybe DDP... and Goldberg but I doubt he would... If wouldn't still be with TNA and was still alive, Mr. Perfect would definitely be somebody he would want to bring back to the company. He also has Road Warrior Animal working as some exec. thing in the back and If wanted, could probably have Animal lace up his boots for a year or so.

Montana

Reaction score
Most of those guys are way too old for the WWE at the moment, and really wouldn't add anything to the product. Imo.

As far as If Brock were to return, i think they continue with Undertaker vs. Brock to headline WM 27. That would be Brock's first match back to the WWE. Brock returns at Mania with Paul Heyman and beats the undertaker cleanly at Wrestlemania. He then goes on to win the WWE one month later. Upon winning the belt from Orton (or someone) He continues to defend the title for a lengthy reign against Orton, Cena, Undertaker.... HHH makes a big return at SummerSlam to challenge Brock, in which they face off at Survivor Series. AFter defeating HHH, HBK returns to challenge Brock at Royal Rumble cause he has one match left, but cannot get the job done. Brock holds the gold to WM 28, where he is challenged by the underdog now face CM Punk, who goes on to pull off a major upset and defeat Brock for the title.

As far as the Rock goes....I'd have Miz being the Miz for a while and maybe throw a shout out to the Rock about his bad movies in the November timeframe. In the December timeframe i'd record a prerecorded comment from the Rock about the Miz, which results in the Miz continuing to talk trash about the Rock. Finally in Jan, on Raw the Miz will be talking and all of a sudden the music hits "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" The Rock comes out and cuts and classic promo on the Miz. The Rock punks out the miz, and as the Rock is walking away Miz challenges The Rock to a match at Wrestlemania. Rock doesn't accept or decline, but in Feb he will say he will be at Wrestlemania. SO it will be booked as a Miz/Rock confrontation. On the Mania show, Rock comes out ready to wrestle and defeats the Miz, in his return. But the fued isn't over there as Miz makes up some reason why he was cheated. The Miz adopts the People's Champ gimmick, as the Rock takes a some time off after mania. The Rock returns yet again and this time The Rock challenges Miz at SummerSlam. This time raising the stakes. The people's champ gimmick on teh line. THe Miz wins. After the match the Miz extends his hand, and thanks the Rock for a great match. (Face Turn for the Miz) The Rock and Miz then continue to team together, and win the tag championship. Around the Royal Rumble teamframe.... The Rock turns heel on Miz and lays him out, saying He's not a tag team wrestler...he wants the Champ...Cena. (So i'd book some book and forth stuff in late 2011 to lead to Rock/Cena) The Rock injuries Miz who takes some time off. Wrestlemania 28 features John Cena (The Champ) vs. The Rock. THe classic Ref bump, Miz returns from injury tries to hit the Rock with a chair, but hits Cena. The Rock wins the champion at 28.

So WM 27

Brock vs Undertaker
Miz vs. Rock
Orton vs. Cena (World Championship)

Summer Slam 2011
Brock vs. Orton (World Championship)
Miz vs. Rock II "People's CHamp

Survivor Series

Brock vs. HHH
Rock/Miz vs. Tag Champs

Royal Rumble

Brock Lesnar vs. HBK (World Championship)
Rock turns heel on Miz and wins Royal Rumble

WM 28

Cena vs. Rock ( WWE Championship)
Brock vs. CM Punk (world Championship)

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Short and sweet, I don't think HBK will ever return for a match. Maybe an appearance or a Special Guest Referee job, maybe even backstage, but I don't think he'll stay retired.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I think that instead of relying on big names to return for the ratings to go up, they should focus on making the product better in general with what they have. Wrestling survived just fine without guys like The Rock. Sure, wrestling goes through slumps, but they eventually get out of it. Having a big name return to jolt the ratings seems so cheap...and lazy. Basically, the easy way out.

Pavitar

Reaction score
Here's the thing, Brock and The Rock don't want to return. They didn't leave cause they weren't getting paid enough. They left because they wanted to switch carreers. If Vince had the chance to re-sign them, he would do it in an instant.

Reaction score
Short and sweet, I don't think HBK will ever return for a match. Maybe an appearance or a Special Guest Referee job, maybe even backstage, but I don't think he'll stay retired.

Raw Anoymous GM. It WILL be him, and he will come back and waste a whole bunch of camera time doing backstage skits with Santino. Oh and he'll put himself in tag matches with wigger jorts or the Big Show (even though Show's on Smackdown)

Montana

Reaction score
Just sort of a fantasy thread. I understand the WWE shouldn't rely on this...and hell...It's almost impossible both would return. Just thought it would be something fun to stir up conversation.

And to go off of what ladyhotrod said. I completely agree they should work on improving the product with what they have. The PROBLEM is now, you don't have many/any good main event veterns to get the younger guys over. You got HHH/Undertaker and John Cena. So you've using Cena now to get guys over, when he's your franchise guy. Who put over Jack Swagger? Who put over CM Punk? Shaemus beat Cena and now he's nonstopable?

Maybe it's cause the roster is weak too. The Unfied Tag champs are justin gabirel and heath slater. Raw also has Darren Young, David Hart smith, David Otunga, Zeke Jackson, Husky Harris, Goldust, The Usos, Mark Henry, Michael Tarver, Michael Mcgillicutty, Primo, Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov, The Great Khali, Yoshi Tatsu, and Zack Ryder. The Roster is a joke.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Zeke, Harris, Goldust, McGillicutty, Yoshi, Primo, and even Zack a little are all fairly talented.

The Usos are a good tag team.

But yeah, losers like Khali, Santino, Kozlov, Darren, Mark Henry, and Tarver need to go. Thank God Tarver is injured, as is Skip.

Montana

Reaction score
Well..this is a got off subject, but basically i was trying to get at you've got guys who aren't established, trying to get people over. Which is because of the "gap" as what i like to call it from WM 20 to Now....WM 20 you had Lesnar, Rock, Booker T, Ric Flair, Batista, Mick Foley, Goldberg, Eddie G, Kurt Angle, HBK, Chris Beniot and RVD. That's over ten main event wrestlers they've lost in 6 years.

On a side note, Santino is actually a really good wrestler. The WWE just likes him in his comedy gimmick. They originally brought him in to replace Kurt Angle.

http://[yt]wZMrOV22rRc[/yt]

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Yeah he's been doing a great job of that.. sure. And I don't think Eddie and Chris are coming back anytime soon lol. Nor RVD, Angle, Foley, Flair, or HBK. And Batista is a huge maybe. Rock is probably never returning to wrestling at all. Lesnar is under a UFC contract forbidding him from coming back and I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed with UFC after his contract was up and resigned. Booker T has his own academy and is supposedly going to the new Florida base promotion. (WWP). That leaves Goldberg and I highly doubt he'll be returning either, unless it's just for one match.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
You just said what Montana said about WWE losing those guys. What was your point in stating all of that?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^How about sticking to answering the fucking question then rather than being ignorant enough to think you can enhance ANY of the other posts with your insight...?

The Rock and Lesnar are pretty much said by Gate.. If they returned... Rock would probably feud with Edge, Cena, or HHH, (Or a returning Jericho) and Lesnar would probably feud with Taker or Kane.

I think if anyone was returning, at this point it might be people like X-Pac, Scott Hall, The Nastys, or Kevin Nash. Maybe DDP... and Goldberg but I doubt he would... If wouldn't still be with TNA and was still alive, Mr. Perfect would definitely be somebody he would want to bring back to the company. He also has Road Warrior Animal working as some exec. thing in the back and If wanted, could probably have Animal lace up his boots for a year or so.

So Rock would merely lead to him vs the likes of Edge or Cena but the return of wash-ups like Hall, Waltman or half of a once great tag team would somehow be more preferable?

Honestly... Is there any sense to any of your warblings.

Plenty of nice match-up options, but put simply, to bring anyone like Brock or Rock in for anything beyond a ratings/buyrate spike, it's essential they leave the existing roster in better shape than when they arrived.

Who could a guy like Brock be used to build? Who's their up and coming power guys? ...Sheamus? ...'Zeke? .........Cena? Cena doesn't need the steam and I just couldn't buy the other two.

Rock on the other hand.... Duelling on the mic with Punk, Cena, Edge, Miz... Assiting the development of up n' coming heels... You could sell a loss by Rock a lot easier than you could one by Lesnar (given his recent UFC history.).