WCW's GOAT Round 1: Terry Funk vs. Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Mr. Perfect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
3. Terry Funk vs. Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Mr. Perfect

Jarrett comes into this styles clash with the most nominations of all, but will those noms pay off when he steps between the ropes and looks across the ring at the most feared, notorious hardcore legend in the history of the business, and then over at the enigma, Raven, and then finally turns his attention to Terry Funk? Time will tell.

Vote based off of these people’s body of work in WCW alone! Post who you voted for an why, please. Thank you. There will be no polls in the first round, simply because I want you to have to vote for who you want to win through a post, rather than clicking an option and not elaborating!

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I'll have to go for Double J, he was one of their top guys at one point.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'll have to go for Double J, he was one of their top guys at one point.

And Terry Funk put on one match that was better than anything Jarrett could ever dream of.

Terry Funk, and really, this shouldn't even be close.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Terry Funk by a mile. The rest were mostly midcarders during their time, and Jarrett's rise came during WCW's downfall.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Terry Funk by a mile. The rest were mostly midcarders during their time, and Jarrett's rise came during WCW's downfall.

It's not like Funk had a meteoric impact on WCW either. For the most part his career was a rollercoaster in WCW and he never really had staying power to remain at the top for some reason. I do love him though.

However seeing as he still lacks a vote I'm going to vote for Raven. I think his flock got a lot of lower midcarders plenty of exposure and he managed to rack up a couple of titles in his tenure.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Raven, for me it's tough as three of my favorite wrestlers of all time are in this one, Funk and Mr. Perfect being the other two. But Raven is by far my favorite wrestler and I've always loved his promos and his work in every promotion he was.

Enforcer

Reaction score
Wow this is probably the Hardest... my gut wants to say Perfect, but he really didn't define much in WCW, Funk though he did great things there, it wasn't much other than a few "I quit" matches with Flair... Raven as great as he is was a flash in the pan as far as WCW goes... I have to give this one to Jarrett and the heat he had coming from WWE at the time, and the whole "Chosen One" elevated his game and made him Mr. WCW for a couple years... even though he was no mainstay!

Jarrett

Castiel

Reaction score
The way Raven came in and brought in The Flock was all just amazing. He gets my vote.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Henning's turn on the Horsemen was amazing and he was top notch all the way

Raven was great but far from his ECW self

Funk's program with Flair got fans to start cheering for Flair and some never stopped...he took the most hated man in WCW/NWA and made his loved...its Funk barely

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Tie with Raven and Funk right now. Unless one of them gets another vote they'll both be advancing.