WCW's GOAT Round 1: Steve Austin vs. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Kanyon vs. Brian Pillman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Some folks enjoy the luck of the draw but these four aren’t quite so lucky as to be able to do that. Two members of The Hollywood Blondes and two thirds of The Jersey Triad all meet in four different corners where friends are nothing more than fallacies and alliances are illusions. Only one can advance!!

Vote based off of these people’s body of work in WCW alone! Post who you voted for an why, please. Thank you. There will be no polls in the first round, simply because I want you to have to vote for who you want to win through a post, rather than clicking an option and not elaborating!

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Re: WCW's GOAT Round 1: Steve Austin vs. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Kanyon vs. Brian Pill

DDP is the heart and soul of WCW. He was the only one who fought the nWo until the end.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: WCW's GOAT Round 1: Steve Austin vs. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Kanyon vs. Brian Pill

How the hell do the Hollywood Blondes end up drawn together? Since its between the two, I'll go ahead and vote for Pillman. As much as I love Austin's matches with Steamboat and others, Pillman has been directly involved in two of my all time favourite WCW matches, so its him by a slight margin.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

I'll have to go with DDP based on his length of time spent in WCW, winning the World Title, and being involved in some great feuds.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I'm go with DDP too. Synonymous with the WCW name.

Kushikimi

Reaction score

As much as I liked Kanyon as a wrestler, loved Austin and DDP... I have to go with Brian Pillman he was great and I always think of what would have been if he was still alive.

Enforcer

Reaction score

DDP was WCW, worked with anyone, Jobbed his fair share, worked his way up from a POS nobody into the first "People's Champion" oh yeah... it's DDP... *BANG*

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Hell yes I'm voting for DDP. Another one of those WCW stars who never went through WWF or went to WWF during WCW's life in order to gain credibility. He came from humble beginnings and got his name managing before shocking the world and turning into one of the top guys from his era. Not to mention he had the best catch phrases in the business.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

DDP was a bad wrestler who before that was a bad manager...how the fuck is he getting votes as the GOAT... it's Pillman

Swinny

Reaction score

As much as I'd like to give a vote for Austin or Pillman, based on WCW work alone, It's obviously DDP. He was over as hell there and as has been said, he was synonymous with WCW, the others not so much.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So we are just throwing out in ring work? Well I can see this is gonna infuriate me...I may sit the rest of this out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

So we are just throwing out in ring work? Well I can see this is gonna infuriate me...I may sit the rest of this out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Steamboat beat Hogan. I think you're overreacting. All it is, is that DDP is a bigger name with a more impactful run and to some people like me, he's not really a bad worker. He had some good matches with Mr. Perfect back in the day and his conflicts with the nWo were a big part of WCW for a while. Pillman was excellent, but he was just an underscore for the most part. I wouldn't blame anyone for voting for him because he was a marvelous talent, but he was always overshadowed by the big hitters on the card, despite putting on several tag team and cruiserweight classics during his run.