WCW's GOAT Round 1: Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger vs. Ron Simmons vs. Meng

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
What a dense pool of talent we’ve got here. THREE… count them… THREE World Champions and of course the incomparable, undeniable, unmovable force that is Meng~! You may know him as Haku, King Haku, or even the Tonga Kid but if it any of these former champs have their ways, you’ll be knowing him as the guy who didn’t make it past round one!

Vote based off of these people’s body of work in WCW alone! Post who you voted for an why, please. Thank you. There will be no polls in the first round, simply because I want you to have to vote for who you want to win through a post, rather than clicking an option and not elaborating!

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Flair takes this one as he is Flair.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Brutal. I would love to pick Simmons or Meng here, but there's no way I can. Ric Flair defined WCW and is the very embodiment of a pro wrestler. There is no way I can vote against a star of that magnitude.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Jesus, some of these drawings are ridiculous. Luger & Simmons would win several of the other heats easy.

But it's Flair damnit, he is WCW.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY.... SERIOUSLY!!!!! WHO CAME UP WITH THIS POOLS!!!!

Ric Flair reasons mentioned above and he was willing to job to Carlos Colón and Ray Gonzalez so... he's a pro by all means

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The picks are randomized ok! Anyways, it doesn't matter who faces who in which heat because the greatest will ultimately prevail. I didn't promise a countdown of greatest superstars or a list of WCW superstars in order of their greatness. The ONE greatest superstar in WCW history will ultimately win, no matter who he faces.

Anyways, my choice is Flair because he was the heart and soul of WCW when they opened, and for long after that, despite gravitating to the WWE for a couple of years, which I consider a pretty big stab in the back.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
The picks are randomized ok! Anyways, it doesn't matter who faces who in which heat because the greatest will ultimately prevail. I didn't promise a countdown of greatest superstars or a list of WCW superstars in order of their greatness. The ONE greatest superstar in WCW history will ultimately win, no matter who he faces.

I know they are randomized... :lol: that damned machine... :lol:

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am gonna vote for Flair even though I don't think he deserves to win this whole thing...Ron Simmons was great as was Meng...Luger fuckin sux