WCW's GOAT Round 1: Bobby Eaton vs. Dusty Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
16. Bobby Eaton vs. Dusty Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera

This one could get ugly! The underrated Bobby Eaton zaps into this match looking to pull off an upset against the more famed wrestler and booker, The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, as well as super cruiserweights Rey Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera who achieved fame through matches with one another as well as with the other spectacular performers in the cruiserweight division! A tough battle, this one is.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Re: WCW's GOAT Round 1: Bobby Eaton vs. Dusty Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Gue

I'll have to go for Dusty Rhodes. The guy is an icon and could go far, but I don't see him winning it all.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: WCW's GOAT Round 1: Bobby Eaton vs. Dusty Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Gue

Here's how I look at this one. Mysterio is out, because for all the good work he did, almost all of it was undone by the stupid decision to unmask him. Juvi was a serviceable worker, but I'd hardly consider him a GOAT. Dusty Rhodes was incredible at playing the fans, and he put on some stellar matches, plus he also came up with Wargames. That being said, his booking nearly ruined the company multiple times and he had a tendency to put himself over way too much. Bobby Eaton just happened to be the silent, workman wrestler who anchored perhaps the greatest tag team of all time and also put on some stellar solo matches with the likes of Ric Flair, Dustin Rhodes and Arn Anderson. It's close, but I'm going with Eaton here.

Bobby Eaton.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

Dusty Rhodes

Kushikimi

Reaction score

The American Dream is one of the most known wrestlers of all time, Rey is one of the most known cruiserweights of all time, Juvi is one of the most known mexican wrestlers of his generation and Bobby Eaton is a man I had to look on Wikipedia, to know him. Thanks to Fuji explanation I looked for Eaton on Wikipedia (at least to know something) and looking at his history I have to go with him.

Bobby Eaton

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I feel as if at least one crusierweight should make it through, but Dusty wins.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I can't vote against Dusty the promos alone are enough for me...but it's close Eaton deserves that rub...but going with Dusty

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

If Eaton could have ever achieved some single's success outside of a few one-off glimmers of hope, I'd have to vote for him, but I think the fact that he dwelled in the tag division crippled him from ever being impactful. Mysterio was one of the most spectacular things to watch in WCW, and his battles with Ultimo Dragon really put him over the top in my eyes. Discounting his time with The Filthy Animalz, I'm voting for Rey Rey, especially since he doesn't have any votes yet.