Wanderlei Silva rips the UFC, announces his retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wanderlei Silva will never fight again.

More than a year after his last fight inside the Octagon, and still involved a controversy with the Nevada Athletic Commission, the former PRIDE champion has announced his retirement on YouTube. And he blames the UFC for his decision.

"I am stepping down from the ring. After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again," he said. "My career is over. Because I don't have a stage to perform, where the athletes get the proper respect. For these reasons, I have had enough.

"They tried to turn my fans against me. My fans, who have followed me for 20 years, before this promotion even existed I was already fighting in Brazil. I have fought bare-knuckle and I helped building this sport. Everything you see today, I helped build with my sweat and blood."

Silva, who hasn’t fought since an epic second-round knockout victory over Brian Stann, ends his MMA career with a professional record of 35-12-1 with one no-contest.

Probably for the best after the complete shambles regarding him and Sonnen over the past few months. In fairness though, quite a bunch of the points he makes in the video are pretty valid it's just the way he puts them accross in this wacky ass video that makes him seem like a rambling lunatic.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Whatever to the retirement, as he'll probably sign for Bellator tomorrow, but yet another sad and bitter end to a legend of the sport.

Hopefully in a distant future the commissions will relax drug policies, it is never going to be a fair playing field no matter how strict you make the rules some guy will have bigger balls than brains and try and beat the system (especially with crock docs like Victor Conte around)

There's not one miracle medicine that makes a run of the mill guy transform into Hercules, if TRT has proven anything is that it reacts wildly inconsistent and tends to work only if you are extremely athletic in the first place. The outright ban by Nevada came at a time where I thought we were making progress in accepting it as a help rather than a hinderance to sports.

Give guys free reign to juice ffs.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stupid MMA media going on TRT witch hunts and dumb fuck athletic commissions who react to anything that will get them a pat on the back are ruining the sport. Just further fucking the fighters out of their money making years.....You naturally lose testosterone when you hit 25, especially when you workout more than the average person.

One last War Wand!

Always a guy who brought the fight and not some fence hugger or leg humper. MMA needs more warriors like him.