Vince Russo joining IPW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
LONDON, ENG (December 19, 2014) - effective as of January 1st, IPW:UK are proud to announce the signing of the world famous Vince Russo to take over control as the Executive In Power of International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom (aka, IPW:UK).

With his background in co-ordinating exciting live and televised wrestling events for the past 23 years, working with all of America's most successful and well viewed wrestling promotions, it is with great pride that we make this announcement.

In a deal that has been discussed over the last 8 calendar weeks, Mr. Russo will come in and take over all operations pertaining to the company and the company's direction in 2015. No jobs are lost because of this deal, in fact all it will do is create further employment as we look to expand our live event schedule further in 2015.

Mr. Russo will be making two live appearances at our shows on January 10th & 11th, live in Tonbridge, Kent - just 40 minutes outside of London by train, and situated off of M25 junction 4. Tickets to these two events are on sale now from http://www.ipwuk.com/events.
That's crazy to me. I actually kind of want to see him and I would if I could get to Tonbridge for those shows. I hope this will help IPW grow and help grow UK wrestling as a whole.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
That's crazy to me. I actually kind of want to see him and I would if I could get to Tonbridge for those shows. I hope this will help IPW grow and help grow UK wrestling as a whole.

UK wrestling is growing just fine without this cancer muddying the water.

Shocked he's still get work tbh. I hope IPW enjoy numerous ".....on a pole matches".

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
UK wrestling is growing just fine without this cancer muddying the water.

Shocked he's still get work tbh. I hope IPW enjoy numerous ".....on a pole matches".
I actually think it will help them.

It gives them some more attention with the IWC and Russo can actually be a good booker at some points. I just hope he's got over his swerve fetish.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Have you read or listened to anything of his lately? The guy is batshit crazy and still believes his own hype. The last thing a company needs is him being involved in any capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Have you read or listened to anything of his lately? The guy is batshit crazy and still believes his own hype. The last thing a company needs is him being involved in any capacity.

He came off really well in his Reddit AMA and that TEW Booking thing he did for charity.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He came off really well in his Reddit AMA and that TEW Booking thing he did for charity.

How do you define "really well"? Is it simply not acting like a blithering idiot?:lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
How do you define "really well"? Is it simply not acting like a blithering idiot?:lol:

He's seemed a nice guy who actually knew what he was talking about in regards to wrestling.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He's seemed a nice guy who actually knew what he was talking about in regards to wrestling.

I should probably check it out then, because the last few times I've read his comments or listened to him he's sounded totally out of touch with not only wrestling but reality as well. Keep in mind that I'm saying this as a guy who has actively defended Russo in the past.