Video Games turned into Movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
In no particular order...Please give your star quality if you choose to for the films/games you post

1. Super Mario Bros - I love the game, especially the original, however, when the movie came out a long time ago with John Leguizamo, I was okay at that time, because I was younger, however, now that I see it, im so disappointed. I WANTED TO SEE BOWSER! NOT KOOPA!
4 out of 10 stars

2. Street Fighter - The game was epic, then the movie comes out with Jean Claude Van Dam, Raul Julia, and the other list of shitty characters. Blanka was one of the best characters to use, and they made him out to be some experiment, that had no fighting role what so ever.
5 out of 10 stars

3. Mortal Kombat - The games will forever be epic, no fighting game will ever match up to Mortal Kombat. EVER!!! The first film, was pretty decent if you match it up with the first video game. The second film sucked ass backwards, due to how many shitty parts they gave to incredible characters. Rumor has it there is a Reboot film coming out in 2013, so lets keep our fingers crossed they don't fuck this up.
6.5 out of 10 stars

4. Resident Evil - I have played every single Resident Evil game, no matter the platform of system, and they will never die. Best Zombie game ever created...The films, I was overall pretty pleased in the franchise of filmmaking here... The first film followed the storyline of the 1st and 2nd game, and it connected evenly in my mind thereafter.
8 out of 10 stars

5. Tomb Raider I love Laura Croft, that is my bitch to the death. The video games took me places I didn't exactly expect, so I loved them all. The films were perfect with Angelina Jolie playing the role, there was a rumor about a third film, however, Angelina would not be reprising her role, instead it would be Meagan Fox, and this disappoints me because Angelina fit the role beyond perfectly.
7.5 out of 10 stars

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Re: Video Games turnt Movies

I definitely have Tomb Raider up top with 8 out of 10

Doom was horrible - 3 out of 10

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Video Games turnt Movies

I've never seen a single movie based on a video game that I would even consider good. The absolute worst has to be House of the Dead or Alone in the Dark though, because yeah, they really blew the big one. :lol:

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
House of the Dead is another movie I started, but stopped not too long after

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
House of the Dead is another movie I started, but stopped not too long after

Unfortunately I sat through the whole thing, all the time wondering how easy it would be to take a nail and shove it right into my eye.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh that's alright, I do that on a regular basis when watching crappy movies. :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
On the bright side of things, bad movies make for fun reviews. Go check out The Wing Kong Exchange sometime, there's some real gems in there.

Cheap Plug FTW!!!!!!!

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I liked House of the Dead and the sequel. They weren't perfect but still watchable.

Resident Evil would have to be the best. Mortal Kombat and the sequel is a guilty pleasure movie for me. Double Dragon and Super Mario brothers are two movies I have never seen. I remember watching Street Fighter but can't remember anything about it, so I think it is completely forgetable.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I liked both prince of persia and tekken.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Actually, now that you mention it, I didn't mind Prince of Persia. Outside of the glaringly obvious fact that Ben Kingsley was the villain all along, the movie wasn't bad. I was surprised that Jake Gyllenhaal pulled off the role so well and that Gemma Arterton chick is smoking hot.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I still haven't watched Prince of Persia. A lot of mixed reviews from people, but I think I have heard more bad than good.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I still haven't watched Prince of Persia. A lot of mixed reviews from people, but I think I have heard more bad than good.

I could see that. It didn't blow me away but as I said, it was enjoyable. I'd probably go about 6/10 on it.