Video: Donald Brashear, Patrick Cote Pick Up Wins at Ringside 11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
x350_large.jpg
Former NHL enforcer Donald Brashear made a successful MMA debut last night at Ringside 11 with a 21 second TKO win over Mathieu Bergeron. Bergeron was the third announced opponent for Brashear's debut.

UFC veteran Patrick Cote also fought, picking up a win over Todd Brown via unanimous decision in a 190lb catchweight bout.

Brashear spoke to the Canadian Press after the fight:

"I threw a little of what I practised for the first guy and a little of what I practised for the second guy and put it into the fight with the third guy."
"It also felt like I was home," he added. "As soon as I got in there [the cage], I was comfortable."
"I'm having fun learning it," he said. "I haven't done much fighting yet. I love learning it and the fight was fun."

Complete Results via Ringside Report:

Patrick Cote def. Todd Brown via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) (190 lbs. catch-weight)
Stephane Pelletier def. Dimitri Waardenburg via TKO (injury) Round 2 to become the first Ringside MMA bantamweight champion (for Ringside 135 lbs. title)
Donald Brashear def. Mathieu Bergeron via TKO (punches) at 0:21 in Round 1 (heavyweights)
Kevin Morin def. David Lafond via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,29-28) (lightweights)
Marcus Hicks def. Yan Pellerin via TKO (punches) at 3:40 in Round 2 (light-heavyweights)
Dany Laflamme def. Justin Doyon (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) (lightweights)
Keven Tremblay def. Maxime Leger via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:32 in Round 2 (featherweights)
Jerome Martin def. Tommy Cote via split-decision (29-28,29-28,28-29) (150 lbs. catch-weight)

Here's the Brashear fight:

SBN coverage of Ringside 11