UFC 186 Results: Mighty Mouse beats the buzzer, Rampage's Return Successful.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
UFC 186 went down live from the Bell Centre in Montreal and in this event there was definitely no shortage of moments. First off, one of the biggest focuses for this event was the Bud Light Living weekend where the champion Tommy got to meet all the big stars, did the showtime kick with Anthony Pettis, let GSP kick a beer bottle off his head, and also got to go 5 rounds with a UFC Legend in The Iceman Chuck Liddell.... in a hot wing eating contest!

UFC Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson successfully defended his title for a sixth consecutive time against highly touted japanese striker Kyoji Horiguchi, and for the second time in a row Johnson finished his opponent in the fifth round, show casing his amazing conditioning and world class movement in the process. Johnson was in trouble in the two rounds having trouble adjusting to the wide stance of Horiguchi and even ate a big knee in Round 2. Until the conditioning of mighty mouse showed up and began to pressure Horiguchi with knees to the body and takedowns. Once he got Horiguchi down in the 5th, he moved to the full mount and fired a barrage of punches following an failed Triangle attempt and finished the fight with 1 second left on the clock.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson successfully returned to the octagon and bested Fabio Maldonado in the card's co main event. Rampage deviated from his usual boxing style and utilized a combination of kicks and knees from the clinch which shocked many of the fans in attendance and possibly Maldonado himself! Maldonado responded by attempting to wear Rampage down in Round 2 with takedowns and dirty boxing, but his short hooks worked to no avail as Rampage rallied in the third round and wore down Maldonado himself effective boxing and secured the unanimous decision win. Rampage may have got the win tonight, but the court room will be a different story for Mr. Jackson in coming weeks!

Other fights on the main card saw Michael "The Count" Bisping best Ultimate Fighter 7 Finalist CB Dollaway, using his superior takedown defense to keep the fight on the feet and strike with the less than comfortable Dollaway. And two tristar fighters found themselves on either end of starching first round TKOs, where Tristar fighter John Makdessi desperate another controversial judges decision took Shane Campell at 4:53 of the first round. And the always exciting Yves Jabouin was TKO'd at the hands of what promises to be a rising bantamweight star in 23 year old Thomas Almeida.

Final Results:

Demetrious Johnson(c) def. Kyoji Horiguchi via Submission (Armbar) at 4:59 of Rd. 5

Rampage Jackson def. Fabio Maldonado via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Michael Bisping def. CB Dollaway via Unanimous Decision (29-28 across the board)

John Makdessi def. Shane Campbell via TKO (Punches) at 4:53 of Rd. 1

Thomas Almeida def. Yves Jabouin via TKO (Punches) at 4:18 of Rd. 1

Author: Alex Cochrane

Cited source: Mookie Alexander (bloodyelbow.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ironically enough I was in Montreal for the early part of the weekend and even got to hear Bruce Buffer do his famous introduction (Headrush party). But didn't get to see the event itself. Overall I had a good time, but damn I wish I would have stayed. :lol: