UFC 130 Fight Card: Matt Hamill Profile Videos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
The UFC's Youtube page has put out a couple of short profile videos on UFC 130 main eventer Matt "The Hammer" Hamill. They're made to be inspirational, speaking about how Hamill has had to overcome his deafness to get ahead in life in the first video, and about how he gets inspiration from his daughter in the second. In addition, his manager/trainer Duff Holmes discusses how his grandfather built mental toughness into Matt. It also covers some preparation for his fight with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Here's part 1:

You can watch part two and see a few quotes from both videos after the jump.​

Matt Hamill (10-2)
Win Tito Ortiz - Decision (Unanimous) UFC 121
Win Keith Jardine - Decision (Majority) TUF 11 Finale
Win Jon Jones -DQ (Illegal Downward Elbows) TUF 10 Finale​

The number one thing I like about MMA is the challenge. And I can prove everyone wrong. I can climb up the mountain and reach the top. Everyone though I was like a gatekeeper. No.​

I've never had a submission before so I need to add a submission in my book.​

The fans are really critical for me, especially the deaf community. I'm a very unique fighter, you don't see a lot of deaf fighters in the UFC, even handicapped fighters. But when they stand, they've got all their energy flowing in my body. And they get me really motivated.​