Total Non-Stop Action!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Is it too much to think that their name actually manages to be bad enough that it's going to hurt them in the long run with branding?

I just have this odd feeling that say the current TNA roster was under the name Ring of Honor. I think the company would sound far less like a bastard step child and more like a competitor with something distinct to offer.

Reaction score
Is it too much to think that their name actually manages to be bad enough that it's going to hurt them in the long run with branding?

I just have this odd feeling that say the current TNA roster was under the name Ring of Honor. I think the company would sound far less like a bastard step child and more like a competitor with something distinct to offer.

Double J

Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to say man.

If you're trying to say that Total Non-Stop Action doesn't sound as good as "Ring of Honor", "World Wrestling Entertainment", "World Championship Wrestling" then I agree. Really They call themselves TNA more than they've ever referred themselves to as "Total Non-Stop Action". But it'd be stupid to change their name any time soon.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure where you're getting at with the name either? Are you saying it doesn't sound professional? That it's different?

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it sounds professional. I mean do you really want a sex pun as the name of your company? Also do you want anything that calls to mind Test and Albert?

It's a small point, but I think names like ROH and ECW created intrigue and set a tone for the brand.

Double J

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it sounds professional. I mean do you really want a sex pun as the name of your company? Also do you want anything that calls to mind Test and Albert?

It's a small point, but I think names like ROH and ECW created intrigue and set a tone for the brand.

I gotcha, and like I said I agree with you 100% but it's too late now. They have too much money invested in the TNA name to change it now. Only thing they can really do is continue to refer to themselves as TNA and not Total Non-Stop Action.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Total NonStop Action has always sounded extremely childish.

Reaction score
Sure, it's a ridiculous name that Jarrett probably thought was hilarious when stoned, but TNA have much bigger issues to worry about, ie the dumb bitch that runs the company.

Reaction score
I agree, the name is too childish for such a huge company. But then again nothing can be done now.