Match Tora Fushimi vs. Max Maverick - Revival

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
xwfi24.png

Ranked Exhibition

Singles Match
"The Immaculate" Tora Fushimi vs. "The Ace" Max Maverick

XWFFushimi-1.png
VS.
XWFMaverick-1.png

#ToraVsMaverick

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, Jan 30th, 2020.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
giphy.gif

The TMZ logo flashes on the screen and suddenly we see the outside of a well known steakhouse in LA where a nice, extravagant vehicle pulls up and exiting the vehicle is none other than “The Ace” Max Maverick! He’s flanked by his entourage, his bodyguard Solomon Black, his agent and younger sister Chelsea Powers, and another unknown man that is holding a camera of his own while TMZ cameras snap pictures of Max. Maverick is wearing a lavish sport red sport coat with a black shirt underneath and black slacks along with black shoes, and to top it off he has on gold aviators despite the sun about to go down at this time making no need for the aviators but Max doesn’t care.

As he exits his vehicle he stops and poses some for the cameras that keep snapping pictures, and then walks up on the sidewalk and stops to address the paparazzi.

TMZ Reporter: Max, is it it true that you’ve just signed a contract with the newest wrestling promotion, XWF?

Max removes his aviators and neatly places them in the breast pocket of his coat.

Max Maverick: Yes, yes the rumors are true I have indeed signed a lucrative contract for the XWF! Many other wrestling promotions across the globe have wanted me to bring my talents to their company but I feel like the XWF will be the best place to showcase my talents for all to see!

He chuckles heartily to himself and smirks.

TMZ Reporter: Is it also true that you were in talks to be in the newest Top Gun movie?

He whips his long, luxurious hair back over his shoulder before answering.

Max Maverick: Yes, I was in talks to play the part of Maverick. I thought they could go for more of a younger, fresher take on the character but apparently they had other ideas and stuck with Tom Cruise. I was disappointed to say the least, but you know what? I will still see the movie and support my great, close personal friend, Tom Cruise because that’s the kind of guy that I am

TMZ Reporter: What are your plans for the XWF?

Max Maverick: Plans? What kind of idiotic question is that?! Obviously my plan is to go in and win the world championship at their debut event, duh! What else would I be going for?!

TMZ Reporter: Will we see Solomon Black enter the ring?

Max Maverick: I’m not at liberty to answer that question right now and neither is Mr. Black

TMZ Reporter: What can we expect to see from you in the XWF

Max Maverick: Didn’t you already ask me that? Anyways, you can expect to see myself, The Ace, do what he does best and kick ass and take names and show why I am THE Ace of this business!

He puts his aviators back on and enters the steakhouse.

Inside the steakhouse now Max is seen watching his TMZ interview from just moments before on his cell phone, he’s being filmed by the unknown man with the camera from earlier.

Max Maverick: Can you believe that idiot, sis? What kind of stupid questions were those?! Only someone as stupid that idiot was would ask me those questions! Damn, I do look good though there’s no denying that!

A waitress comes up a bucket of ice topped off with a champagne bottle and places it on the table.

Max Maverick: Hey toots! You see me on there? I look good don’t I? I’m a pretty big deal, I can understand if you’re starstruck, here how about I give you my number?

The waitress completely ignores him as she rolls her eyes in annoyance and walks away to serve others.

Max Maverick: Rude! See if I leave her a tip!

He pops the cork off of the champagne bottle and takes a drink from the bottle before pouring some in a glass and offers some to his sister.

Chelsea Powers: No Maxxy, not now

Max shrugs and takes a sip from his glass and leans back in the booth.

Chelsea Powers: Max, we should really go over your first match in the XWF

Max Maverick: I’m glad you brought that up sis, it’s for the world championship I assume?

Chelsea frowns a little and right away Max’s face turns from a smile to a scowl.

Chelsea Powers: I’m sorry Maxxy, I tried, I really did! Mr. Thawne just didn’t see it in his best interest of the company

Max Maverick: What does that fat moron know, huh?! Not in his best interest?! The best interest he should have in the company is having me as the headliner of every single show and being the main attraction! I’m a household name dammit! I’m the damn reason everyone will be in attendance and no doubt sell out wherever the show is at!

Chelsea Powers: I’m really sorry Maxxy, I really did try

Max takes another sip of his drink and tries to cool down.

Max Maverick: It’s okay Chels, it’s not your fault. That fat idiot Thawne doesn’t know what he’s thinking not placing me in the main event but I’ll show him the error of his ways when I wipe the floor with whoever he places in front of me!

Chelsea Powers: Your opponent is a young up and comer, Tora Fushimi

Max Maverick: God bless you

Chelsea Powers: He comes from Tokyo, Japan and apparently he’s like a younger, japanese version of you

Max Maverick: So you’re telling me that instead of placing me in the main event of the premiere event, I’m stuck facing a wannabe Max Maverick? What’s his name again? Bora Bora Sushi?

Chelsea Powers: Tora Fushimi

Max Maverick: God bless you again, are your allergies acting up sis?

Chelsea Powers: No, that’s his name Maxxy, Tora Fushimi

Max rubs his chin as if he’s thinking about something. Then he takes another sip from his drink and speaks up

Max Maverick: Fine, if Oliver Thawne wants me to face this guy, then I will and I’ll make him famous. He’ll wish that he had never signed with the company after I’m through with him that’s for sure…

As he says that the food arrives at the table and the scene fades out.

Rocky%204.jpg

Several days later and Max Maverick is standing in front of the famous statue of Rocky Balboa in Philadelphia, PA. He has on another lavish suit and standing behind him in front of the statue is Solomon Black.

Max Maverick: Is the camera on, Chester?

Chester, the cameraman from the previous scene, acknowledges to Max that it’s on so Max nods and begins.

Max Maverick: Hello, yes it is I the one and only Ace of not only just the XWF but the entire wrestling industry, Marvelous Max Maverick! You like that? Marvelous? Me too because that’s exactly what I am, I am marvelous! You know what isn’t marvelous? The fact that I’m not headlining the premiere event for the XWF titled Revival! It still boggles my mind that someone with the caliber of tonight such as myself isn’t in the marquee matchup but instead Oliver Thawne places two ugly jackasses in the main event instead in some lights out match, whatever that is!

I digress though because although I’m not in my rightful spot, I guess I’ll just have to show that moron Thawne that he made a huge mistake when I make a name out of...what’s his name again? Sushi something?

From behind the camera Chester says “Tora Fushimi”

Max Maverick: Right, Tora Fushimi, well look kid I said I’m going to make a name out of you and whatever it is it’ll be better than your current one! I’ve done my research on you and you think of yourself as some sort of celebrity and think you’re hot stuff, well let me tell you right now the only hot stuff in this company is me! You’re just some cheap, foreign knockoff Max Maverick! I’m the real deal kid!

I had my first match while you were just a twinkle in your daddy’s eye! I was selling out arenas globally and winning every championship imaginable while you sat at home in Tokyo in your crap filled diapers! Look, I get it, I don’t blame you for idolizing me and trying to be like me but the thing is Tora, you’ll never be me! There is only one Max Maverick and you’re looking at him! When we meet in the ring in Philly you’re going to learn why you should never meet your idols because believe me when I tell you right now that I’m going to wipe the floor with you, and send you back to Tokyo!

He turns behind him and looks at the statue of Rocky in disgust.

Max Maverick: Speaking of idols, this is the man that this dump of a city idolizes? Some fictional character from some crappy movie?

He turns back to the camera now and points at it, looking more serious now.

Max Maverick: After Revival, when I embarrass Tora Fushimi in front of the entire world and show him why I am THE Ace and why I am sweeter than chocolate cake and tougher than a two dollar steak, this city will have a new hero to look up to not some false idol like that jabroni Rocky Balboa! No, I will be the new hero for this city and they’ll have no other choice but to put up a statue of yours truly, THE Ace baybay! See you on February 2nd, Tora

He lowers his aviators as the camera zooms in and he winks as the scene fades out.

Reactions: Chris and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The Life and Times of Tora Fushimi
Episode 1: “Here Goes Nothing”

Scene 1

In the back of a stretch limo, lurking through Los Angeles traffic, we find “The Immaculate” Tora Fushimi sitting with his agent Douglas Watson. Fushimi is wearing a big fur coat and some gaudy sunglasses that look like they came out of a mid-2000s hip hop music video. He has a NOS energy drink in hand. Watson is wearing a nicely tailored olive green seat and in his hand is a glass of scotch with two ice cubes. Both men are scrolling through their phones, trying to pass time on the commute. Faintly in the background, one of Fushimi’s unsuccessful J-Pop songs is playing over the limo’s speakers. Fushimi breaks the silence.

Fushimi: So, remind me again, what are we going to right now?

Watson shoots Fushimi a look of complete disbelief.

Watson: Are you being serious, Tora? We’ve been over this at least three times today. We’re headed to the studio to shoot your promo for XWF Revival. You know, the thing that’s going to introduce you to XWF fans and make your first impression on XWF management, yeah?

Fushimi: Oh, right right right. No, I remember now. Who am I going against?

Watson throws his hands up exasperatedly.

Watson: MAX MAVERICK!

Fushimi: …aaaand who exactly is he again?

Watson sighs.

Watson: AGAIN… he’s a wrestling legend. Max has decades in this business. He’s kind of a big deal. Frankly, he’s kind of like and older, American version of you. You remember we spent three hours watching film on him last night? Well, at least I did. You seemed more concerned with how you were going to style your hair today. And by the way, I just knew you were going to wear it exactly the same way to wear it everyday.

Fushimi looks interested.

Fushimi: I was paying attention, Doug. I remember he was wearing that tacky leather jacket during his entrance. Honestly, that’s about all that stood out to me about him.

Watson: Well, you shouldn’t be taking this thing so lightly, mate. He’s a major name and you could really stand to make an impact by beating him. Between you and me, it wasn’t exactly easy to convince XWF to sign you. This isn’t an industry that you can just walk in and expect to be handed everything on a silver platter. You’ve got a lot to prove, mate.

Fushimi puts his phone down and looks at Watson, insulted.

Fushimi: Well what does that mean, Doug? Are you trying to say I expect everything to be handed to me or something? Is that what you think?

Watson: No, but when we formed this partnership, I was under the impression that you were fully invested in pro wrestling. But so far, I’ve been doing all the work to get you gigs and you continually blow off training and preparation.

Fushimi: Blow off training and preparation!? Doug, this is how I prepare. I relax. I let things come to me. I mean, come on, I’ve done pretty good for myself so far, have I not?

Watson shrugs.

Watson: Ehh, I mean, yeah. You’ve managed to surprise a lot of people. But this is the big leagues now.

Fushimi: And guess what? This will be no different. You just have to trust my process. I haven’t steered you wrong yet. Trust me. I got this.

Watson looks very dubious but eventually sighs and then nods his head.

Watson: Alright. I trust you.

Fushimi: That’s my guy!

Fushimi reaches across the limo to shake Douglas’ hand. The two smile at each other, then lean back in their seats to resume playing on their phones as the scene fades to black.

Scene 2

Watson and Fushimi enter a set, somewhere in downtown Hollywood. A producer approaches them, wearing an earpiece and holding a clipboard.

Producer: Ah, so happy you’re here Mr. Fushimi. We’re running behind a bit, so we’re going to try to get filming as soon as possible.

Fushimi puts a hand up in front of him.

Fushimi: Please do not rush me, sir. I haven’t even gone through my vocal exercises and also I am very hungry. I assume you have catering somewhere around here?

The producer looks puzzled.

Producer: Um… this is a 30 second clip we’re filming here. There is no catering, I’m afraid.

Fushimi stares him dead in the eyes, looking very displeased for about 10 seconds.

Fushimi: Fine. You know what? Let’s just do this. The sooner I can get out of this two bit studio, the better. I am an important man after all and I have better things to do.

Producer: Yeah. Uh. Great. Ok, so we just need you to head over to the green screen over here. We have your script ready on the teleprompter whenever you’re ready!

The producer heads back towards the filming area. Fushimi takes a sip out of a tiny water bottle and gargles it around a little bit.

Watson: Alright then, here we go. Let’s bang this thing out and we’ll be all set for Revival!

Fushimi nods his head and hands the water bottle over to Watson. He heads over to the green screen. As he prepares for the shot, he cracks his neck and does some breathing exercises.

Producer: Are we all set? Ready to go, Mr. Fushimi?

Fushimi nods.

Producer: Alright and… ACTION!

Some intense rock music begins playing. Fushimi gets into a fighting pose and stares down the camera lens.

Fushimi: Max Maverick! You better start counting your days because on February 2nd at XWF Revival, you step in the ring with me, “The Immaculate” Tora Fushimi! And it’s not gonna be a pr- it’s not gonna be… damn it. Cut! Cut!

The music cuts out, Fushimi is shaking his head.

Fushimi: My fault guys. Let’s run that back, alright?

Producer: Sure thing. You ready? And… ACTION!

The music resumes and Fushimi again takes a fighting stance.

Fushimi: Max Maverick! You better start counting your days because on February 2nd at XWF Revival, you step in with me! Damn it! I was supposed to say “step in the ring with me”. Let’s run that back.

Producer: No problem. We’ll keep rolling. Go ahead and take it from the top!

Fushimi: Max Mavick- FUCK!

Watson: Hey, Tora, just relax. This is nothing man. You got this.

Fushimi shakes out the nerves and whips his hair back as he prepares to start again.

Fushimi: Max Maverick! You better start counting your days because on February 2nd at XWF Revival, you step in the ring with me, “The Immaculate” Tora Fushimi! And it’s not gonna be a pretty ending for you, I can assure you of that! Now, I may not be the veteran that you are. But I’m a bonafide star, and at Revival I’m going to make it clear to you, as well as all the fans, that I am THE BIGGEST STAR in all of the XWF!

The crew members, the producer and Douglas Watson all clap. Fushimi however looks disappointed.

Producer: That’ll work! I think we’ve got what we need. Thank you very much, Mr. Fushimi.

Fushimi: Wait.

All the crew members who were already starting to move on, pause and look at Fushimi.

Fushimi: I didn’t like that. Can we do another shot?

The producer looks around and then shrugs.

Producer: I mean, sure. We can try that again.

The crew members look at each other and then get into position.

Producer: And ACTION!

*17 shots later*

Fushimi: Max Maverick! You better start counting your days because on February 2nd at XWF Revival, you step in the ring with me, “The Immaculate” Tora Fushimi! And it’s not gonna be a pretty for you, I can promst y- GOD DAMN IT!

The members of the crew look exhausted. Particularly the producer who has his face in his hands. Douglas Watson is leaned up against a wall with his arms crossed, shaking his head.

Fushimi: You know what the problem is? It’s not me. It’s this script! This just sounds ridiculous! Who wrote this piece of junk anyways?

The producer looks dumbfounded and at his wit’s ends.

Producer: YOU DID!

Fushimi is caught off guard by the answer. He looks back at the teleprompter and reads the script again.

Fushimi: Oh yeah, you know what… I remember that now. Well. Look, I’m tired, so don’t blame me! I only got 10 hours of sleep last night and you hacks couldn’t be bothered to provide me any catering, much less an espresso maker or a masseuse. What kind of set doesn’t have a masseuse on hand!? My God, I’ve never worked with a bigger group of amateurs. It’s no wonder I can’t get this take down how I want it.

Producer: Well, I’ll tell you what. We’ve got 20 takes here, so how about we’ll just sift through them and find the best parts, we’ll edit it together, and we’ll run with that.

Fushimi begins walking off set.

Fushimi: Fine with me. I’ve given you people enough of my time today. Not like this thing matters to me anyways. Grab my coat, Doug!

Watson grabs Fushimi’s coat off a hanger as the two head out of the studio. They walk out the door and onto the buzzing streets of LA. Fushimi throws his coat on and Watson begins to look at his phone, the two men not saying anything to each other. Suddenly, Watson stops dead in his tracks. Fushimi looks back at him.

Fushimi: What are you doing, Doug?

You can faintly hear a video playing on Watson’s phone. He watches it intently.

Watson: Come check this out, Tora. TMZ posted a video of Max Maverick last night.

Fushimi: TMZ?

Fushimi scoffs and saunters over to Watson, taking a look at the video. Watson starts it from the top.

The TMZ logo flashes on the screen and suddenly we see the outside of a well known steakhouse in LA where a nice, extravagant vehicle pulls up and exiting the vehicle is none other than “The Ace” Max Maverick! He’s flanked by his entourage, his bodyguard Solomon Black, his agent and younger sister Chelsea Powers, and another unknown man that is holding a camera of his own while TMZ cameras snap pictures of Max. Maverick is wearing a lavish sport red sport coat with a black shirt underneath and black slacks along with black shoes, and to top it off he has on gold aviators despite the sun about to go down at this time making no need for the aviators but Max doesn’t care.

As he exits his vehicle he stops and poses some for the cameras that keep snapping pictures, and then walks up on the sidewalk and stops to address the paparazzi.

TMZ Reporter: Max, is it it true that you’ve just signed a contract with the newest wrestling promotion, XWF?

Max removes his aviators and neatly places them in the breast pocket of his coat.

Max Maverick: Yes, yes the rumors are true I have indeed signed a lucrative contract for the XWF! Many other wrestling promotions across the globe have wanted me to bring my talents to their company but I feel like the XWF will be the best place to showcase my talents for all to see!

He chuckles heartily to himself and smirks.

TMZ Reporter: Is it also true that you were in talks to be in the newest Top Gun movie?

He whips his long, luxurious hair back over his shoulder before answering.

Max Maverick: Yes, I was in talks to play the part of Maverick. I thought they could go for more of a younger, fresher take on the character but apparently they had other ideas and stuck with Tom Cruise. I was disappointed to say the least, but you know what? I will still see the movie and support my great, close personal friend, Tom Cruise because that’s the kind of guy that I am

TMZ Reporter: What are your plans for the XWF?

Max Maverick: Plans? What kind of idiotic question is that?! Obviously my plan is to go in and win the world championship at their debut event, duh! What else would I be going for?!

TMZ Reporter: Will we see Solomon Black enter the ring?

Max Maverick: I’m not at liberty to answer that question right now and neither is Mr. Black

TMZ Reporter: What can we expect to see from you in the XWF

Max Maverick: Didn’t you already ask me that? Anyways, you can expect to see myself, The Ace, do what he does best and kick ass and take names and show why I am THE Ace of this business!

He puts his aviators back on and enters the steakhouse.

The video ends and Fushimi looks up in the distance, almost amazed. Watson looks over at him.

Watson: What do you think?

Fushimi: Did I hear him say he was up for the part of Maverick in Top Gun!?

Watson: Yeah, that’s what he said.

Fushimi shakes his head, visibly perplexed.

Fushimi: I love Top Gun. I had no idea this is what I was up against. Did you see his suit!?

Watson: Yeah, looked pretty expensive.

Fushimi: Well this simply isn’t going to fly, Doug. I refuse to be upstaged!

Watson: So what are you saying?

Fushimi: I’m saying we’re going back to that studio and I’m shooting a new promo. And at Revival, you better believe I’m bringing all I got!

Watson is genuinely surprised. Fushimi takes off walking back in the direction of the studio.

Watson: Alright! Now that’s more like it!

*back inside the studio*

Fushimi is back in front of the green screen. He has a completely new focus. A shot of the crew reveals them looking very tenuous at the prospects of shooting a new promo with Fushimi.

Fushimi: Ok, new plan! I’m just going to do this one off the cuff. Alright?

Producer: Suuuure.

Fushimi: I’m ready when you are.

Producer: Alright, here goes nothing. ACTION!

The intense rock music returns. Fushimi points at the camera with a fire in his eyes.

Fushimi: Max Maverick! I understand you think you’re some kind of big shot. A veritable A-Lister. A rockstar. Well I’ve got some news for you, pal. You’re yesterday’s news! I see you stepping out like you’re the best thing going. Well, you must not know who you’re dealing with. I’m Tora Fushimi. I’m “The Immaculate”. I’m the star of the show, the talk of the town and the cock of the walk, and I’m here to show what it truly means to be a headliner! You see, you talk the talk but I walk the walk. You really think you’re going to stroll into Revival and get a win off of me, but what you must not realize is that you’re WASHED UP. I’m a Goddamn legend in the making and I’m in the prime of my life. You understand that? This town isn’t big enough for the two of us, pal. You had your day but on February 2nd at XWF Revival, LIVE from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, it’s the dawn of a new era! So I hope you’ve enjoyed the ride because you’re about to realize the harsh reality that there’s NO ONE finer than Fushimi!

Fushimi ends the promo, breathing somewhat heavily as he has not broken his concentration once throughout the whole speech. Watson is standing in the back, awestruck at this display of passion from Fushimi. He walks to the green screen clapping.

Producer: Cut! That was actually… fantastic. Well done, Mr. Fushimi!

Watson walks up and hugs Fushimi.

Watson: Oh man! I’ve never seen that side of you, Tora. You really knocked it out of the park there.

A big smile comes over Fushimi’s face. He looks at Watson.

Fushimi: Oh you haven’t seen anything yet, Doug!

Watson and Fushimi head for the door once again. Watson has his arm thrown over Fushimi’s shoulder, hugging his client close as they walk. The employees in the studio get back to work. As Watson and Fushimi reach the door, just as they're about to disappear out of view, we hear Fushimi once again.

Fushimi: He's not a bigger star than me, is he Doug?

Watson: (unconvincingly) Ehhhhh.. no. Of course not, Tora.

The door closes behind the two as we fade to black.