TMNT or TANT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which origin is better

• The Ooze

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Aliens

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Who cares

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just announced for a Christmas Day, 2013 release last week, Platinum Dunes' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set to feature a very non-traditional origin for its reptilian heroes. In fact, producer Michael Bay hints that the turtles may not be mutants at all.

Word arrives via Stuff We Like and a video of Bay speaking at last week's Nickelodeon Upfront in New York where he states:

"When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

To be directed by Jonathan Liebesman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will feature a script from Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and John Fusco.

The franchise, which began as a black and white comic book series in 1984, rose to tremendous popularity when it became an animated series in 1987. Following the first live-action film in 1990, the series spawned two live-action sequels, a live-action television series, a second animated series and a CGI feature film.

With the age of most on this forum I assume a great deal of us enjoyed the turtles growing up. Would you watch an Alien based Turtles movie?

Vivido

Reaction score
I'll probably watch this, then afterwards say WTF

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'll give it a shot too but I'm sure unless this alien aspect goes away I'll bitch about it until the release. Seems to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull at the moment.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm skeptical of Michael Bay having anything to do with this. Although I enjoyed his work on Transformers, I feel as though he'll try and take away from the Turtles us old guys grew up with.

Andy

Reaction score
This is an old article, 'cause it's now titled "Ninja Turtles," but yeah - Michael Boy is, and always will be, a fucking idiot. Screwing up a beautiful and successful franchise like TMNT right after he screwed up Transformers (which he is still doing, actually) is not the thing to do. The last movie came out in '07; it doesn't even need a reboot right now. Ridiculous if you ask me.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's from last Thursday. IMDB still has it listed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not heard this just changing it to Ninja Turtles seems like it would defeat the purpose as the movies serve to sell the toys and other existing merchandise. Bay is only acting as Producer so it very well may not be fucked up too bad aside from the Alien part which I imagine will be changed due to overwhelming pressure.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Actually this isn't an old article. I think it came up about 3 days ago if I'm not mistaken. I was a huge fan of the original live action movies as a kid and they're still actually pretty good. Unfortunately anything with Micheal Bay's name attached to it is almost always shit. TMNT was an animated movie and considering nobody really saw that, I'd say yes it's time for a reboot of the live action movies. I don't remember the alien bad guys names but it was that brain/Dalek looking alien inside a huge dude. Maybe that's who'll be the villian instead of Shredder.

Andy

Reaction score
Nevermind. It's showing up differently on different sites, but Viacom lied to me, haha. I'm all for another movie, but they don't need to rush into it by gathering a shitty crew. The older films and all of the animated series were brilliant.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually this isn't an old article. I think it came up about 3 days ago if I'm not mistaken. I was a huge fan of the original live action movies as a kid and they're still actually pretty good. Unfortunately anything with Micheal Bay's name attached to it is almost always shit. TMNT was an animated movie and considering nobody really saw that, I'd say yes it's time for a reboot of the live action movies. I don't remember the alien bad guys names but it was that brain/Dalek looking alien inside a huge dude. Maybe that's who'll be the villian instead of Shredder.

Krang?

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Yeah I think that's the guy's name. Makes sense if they make the turtles aliens. Can't really see any other reason as to why they would change it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They tried the turtles venturing into space during the TMNT anime on Fox in 02 I think. I'm not really a fan but it would explain Mikey very well lol

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I think that's the guy's name. Makes sense if they make the turtles aliens. Can't really see any other reason as to why they would change it.

Mutants...

Ooze...

TMNT 2 perfect origin story.

hqdefault.jpg

michael-bay-explosion2.jpg

lol

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This... just doesn't look like a good idea. You have FAR too many old schoolers that grew up watching them coming up from the ooze. You had too many that just flat out enjoyed the cartoon series. Plus you have the first 3 movies... come onnnn how could Super Shredder have emerged without the ooze?

This movie is going to get a lot of hate no matter what because it is taking away a basis of what it was about and changing their creation to being by aliens.

The only thing that can save it are the enemies. If Krang is done right then he has potential. Will Splinter and Shredder be in it? Beebop? Rocksteady? How will the foot soldiers appear?

Andy

Reaction score
This... just doesn't look like a good idea. You have FAR too many old schoolers that grew up watching them coming up from the ooze. You had too many that just flat out enjoyed the cartoon series. Plus you have the first 3 movies... come onnnn how could Super Shredder have emerged without the ooze?

This movie is going to get a lot of hate no matter what because it is taking away a basis of what it was about and changing their creation to being by aliens.

The only thing that can save it are the enemies. If Krang is done right then he has potential. Will Splinter and Shredder be in it? Beebop? Rocksteady? How will the foot soldiers appear?

Oh, and let's not forget Casey Jones being hatched from an egg. :clay: