The Official 2023-24 UFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd hire OJ Simpson for all the PR.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Those are fair points. But I mean it’s kind of risky to hire someone who convinced of robbery. So maybe a job that’s not as much of a risk for robbery is good for them. It be like if someone convicted of drug charges went to work at a Pharmacy. Cause I’m not against them having jobs and it’s up to the people hiring rather to over look it. But you should have a right to know who you’re hiring and if they have been convicted of something that could be dangerous for your business.

I mean yeah that's a fair point too, but my main argument is that most people that commit crimes do so bc they feel that's the only way they can get money they need...so if it's harder for them to get a regular job they're just going to go right back to it. Now if they had a regular job that paid them enough then they'd probably not go back to crime. Obviously not the case for everyone, and I think everyone agrees with that, it's just where the line is that people have differences of opinion on.

Either way, not being allowed to vote like Deezy brought up is still dumb iMO, sure you don't have to let them vote from jail but once they've served their times I think they should be able to.

Reactions: Deezy and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean yeah that's a fair point too, but my main argument is that most people that commit crimes do so bc they feel that's the only way they can get money they need...so if it's harder for them to get a regular job they're just going to go right back to it. Now if they had a regular job that paid them enough then they'd probably not go back to crime. Obviously not the case for everyone, and I think everyone agrees with that, it's just where the line is that people have differences of opinion on.

Either way, not being allowed to vote like Deezy brought up is still dumb iMO, sure you don't have to let them vote from jail but once they've served their times I think they should be able to.

Now, what if it was someone who was convicted for stealing from their last job?

All of it's a really slippery slope, surely since sometimes people are put in jail for shit they didn't do, which could ruin a persons life forever. Thankfully they are people out there who will give them a chance, and hell like I said they are probably jobs you can do and be around stuff that isn't as hard to steal from also. Like doing phone calls and call center shit. You can probably steal shit from it, but nothing like money probably.

But I do agree on the voting stuff, like they deserve that right because no crime they could've done, could be bad enough for that.

Tho, don't you sometimes get those rights back? Cause I just looked it up and it seems some states you get it back right away, some after a certain time, and some states it depends on what you did or some shit.

Twenty one states (Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin) do not allow persons convicted of a felony to vote while serving a sentence, but automatically restore the franchise to the person upon completion of a sentence.

Thirteen states (Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Utah) plus the District of Columbia allow probationers and parolees to vote, but not inmates.

Five states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York, and South Dakota) allow probationers to vote, but not inmates or parolees.

Eight states (Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Wyoming) allow some, but not all, persons with felony convictions to vote after having completed their sentences.Some have qualifications of this: for example, Delaware does not restore the franchise until five years after release of a person. Similarly, Kentucky requires that the person take action to gain restoration of the franchise.

One state (Virginia) permanently disfranchises persons with felony convictions.

So, unless I'm reading that wrong...most states allow it. Just some not right away. So hell depending on when you get out you'll only miss like one or two elections at most probably.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Now, what if it was someone who was convicted for stealing from their last job?

All of it's a really slippery slope, surely since sometimes people are put in jail for shit they didn't do, which could ruin a persons life forever. Thankfully they are people out there who will give them a chance, and hell like I said they are probably jobs you can do and be around stuff that isn't as hard to steal from also. Like doing phone calls and call center shit. You can probably steal shit from it, but nothing like money probably.

But I do agree on the voting stuff, like they deserve that right because no crime they could've done, could be bad enough for that.

Tho, don't you sometimes get those rights back? Cause I just looked it up and it seems some states you get it back right away, some after a certain time, and some states it depends on what you did or some shit.

Twenty one states (Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin) do not allow persons convicted of a felony to vote while serving a sentence, but automatically restore the franchise to the person upon completion of a sentence.

Thirteen states (Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Utah) plus the District of Columbia allow probationers and parolees to vote, but not inmates.

Five states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York, and South Dakota) allow probationers to vote, but not inmates or parolees.

Eight states (Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Wyoming) allow some, but not all, persons with felony convictions to vote after having completed their sentences.Some have qualifications of this: for example, Delaware does not restore the franchise until five years after release of a person. Similarly, Kentucky requires that the person take action to gain restoration of the franchise.

One state (Virginia) permanently disfranchises persons with felony convictions.

So, unless I'm reading that wrong...most states allow it. Just some not right away. So hell depending on when you get out you'll only miss like one or two elections at most probably.

I'm not gonna disagree with those facts bc I haven't done much research on it myself but I do know one of my friend's dad was in jail for awhile for meth dealing when he was young, but he's out and clean and living a good life but he says he still can't vote. IDK if he's just dumb and doesn't know the law or maybe you gotta go re-register and do some other shit at a court house that he just hasn't done, but from what I know, he isn't allowed to. And I'm in Texas, so like I said it could be on him not knowing the law in that case.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm not gonna disagree with those facts bc I haven't done much research on it myself but I do know one of my friend's dad was in jail for awhile for meth dealing when he was young, but he's out and clean and living a good life but he says he still can't vote. IDK if he's just dumb and doesn't know the law or maybe you gotta go re-register and do some other shit at a court house that he just hasn't done, but from what I know, he isn't allowed to. And I'm in Texas, so like I said it could be on him not knowing the law in that case.

Hmmm oh well I don’t know. But hell we probably should get back to XFL talk before we kill this anymore.

I’m personally excited as I love football. The more I can watch the better. That’s how I see it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hmmm oh well I don’t know. But hell we probably should get back to XFL talk before we kill this anymore.

I’m personally excited as I love football. The more I can watch the better. That’s how I see it.

And to bring both points together I think the XFL should allow felons for multiple reasons but mostly for my own selfish reason of it might be more entertaining :side:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
And to bring both points together I think the XFL should allow felons for multiple reasons but mostly for my own selfish reason of it might be more entertaining :side:

Well yeah I mean that I can agree on lmao.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I dont know if it's an American thing but to just brush all convicts with such a broad strokes like that.

Trusting that people change is Paramount where I come from.....I've worked with ex cons my entire adult life and there have been some who fell, most have changed and been pillars of their community.

Real talk.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So... did anyone see they already hired a QB the other day?

They signed QB Landry Jones a week or so ago. Also Ryan Mallett too!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Does the XFL think I'm going to root for a New York team? :hhh6:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Does the XFL think I'm going to root for a New York team? :hhh6:

My rule of Thumb is city, state, country so of there's not one in your state then you can just pick any team, distance don't matter

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My rule of Thumb is city, state, country so of there's not one in your state then you can just pick any team, distance don't matter
There's a kind of poetry behind rooting for the DC Renegades I suppose. Capital of the country and all and not too far from here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's a kind of poetry behind rooting for the DC Renegades I suppose. Capital of the country and all and not too far from here.

They're the defenders lol but otherwise yeah I can fucks with that logic

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They're the defenders lol but otherwise yeah I can fucks with that logic
I was too lazy to go back to the OP. :side:

Defenders is good name, too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was too lazy to go back to the OP. :side:

Defenders is good name, too.

You made me have to check bc I thought Renegades were Dallas but was wondering if I just read it wrong :lmao