The Walking Dead COMICS Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan of the TWD comics and figured would be a good idea to start a thread, even if @ThatGuyFromNukemHigh is the only other person that I know reads the comics.

Current arc All Out War has honestly been kind of a disappointment....not much has happened and the pace of it is just slow. Positive is that Negan is easily one of the best villains ever. He's a bad guy but he's enjoyable in a way that you almost don't want him to inevitable bite the dust.

See the arc ending with a major character death. Taking either Rick, Andrea, Carl or Michone. Personally would like to see most of the supporting characters die in this war and then whoever is left, a smaller group going back on the road.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Alright, I don't have to try and talk about the comics in the other thread anymore!

Although I read the graphics, and don't pick up the issues new. So, for me All Out War does not start for a few more weeks when Issue #121 hits shelves. Would be awesome for Rick to die now, and shut Andrea up with her whole "We don't die" bullshit though.

Ben

Reaction score
I'd like to see Rick go his character just seems done and it's repetitive at this point with him in the leader role. If he's not going to die taking a back seat and letting the story focus on someone else would be cool. A buddy of mine brought up a nice idea of him and Carl getting separated and the story just focusing on Carl for awhile minus Rick.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Carl got his moment to shine alone with Rick right after the prison though, Carl taking Abraham's machine gun and going to The Saviors factory was as badassed as he can get with Rick still around. I feel the only way Carl as a character will be able to progress properly anymore that Rick has to be taken out of the picture(either kill him, or have Carl defect to The Saviors).

I have also always felt that Carl was the main character, and Rick was only holding his place until Carl could do it alone, which at this point has been proven. Rick is a useless character now, much like Glenn was when they joined Alexandria.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I know, not technically comic books, but related anyways, and I feel that creating a thread for the final novel in a series is pointless.

So the fourth book in The Governor "trilogy" is finally available(Fall of the Governor was originally intended to be a single book), and I have to say, I am not nearly as excited for this book as I was for the others.

In the first 2 books, we were getting brand new stories. Rick, Glenn, & Michonne had not been introduced, and we had Lilly Caul, Phillip(Brian) The Governor Blake, Bob Stookey, & Caesar Martinez getting actual backstories, and filling in some gaps in the comics. But, then you have the third book in the series, and it basically recounted the exact same events the comics did, with very little to the story that was actually new. I honestly would have preferred them skipping over the events we seen in the comics, and fleshing out the story more by showing the in-between events more.

I am still going out to buy the hardcover, because at this point its like the suitcase from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I've borrowed one of these before, I can't even remember which arc it was and it didn't really inspire or stay out to me; I liked the way it's presented and stuff but nothing really blew it out of the water to make me go, "OMG! I WANNA SPEND MOAR MONEY ON THIS!" but that might just be me not being into Zombicons in the first place but I thought I'd try it out after the TV show had received so many raving reviews.

@BORK, there's a few fedders who are huge comic book fans btw; Me, SBS & Chase I think are the main three though.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
After reading the first issue to Empire of the Dead, I would agree that most are really bad(George A. Romero introduced Vampires, and Barbara's little sister that wasn't with her other siblings to see their mothers gravesite at the beginning of Night of the Living Dead). Night of the Living Deadpool on the other hand is looking promising. But, I have something like $500 invested in TWD, in comics, boardgames, novels, toys, and seasons.

For me though, TWD got me interested because of all the nods they give to other apocalyptic media. Starts with the whole 28 days later, goes The Mist route with Woodbury, and even has an abandoned farmhouse with a hoard coming up all sides of the hill(like NotLD), and after the prison we got a little bit of The Road with just Rick & Carl. The story is not as amazing as some fans are willing to admit, it drags for extended periods, has some very large plot holes, and is plagued with characters you either couldn't care less about, or don't even have the time to remember their names before they get killed. It has its moments, but mostly, its just the best available.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I don't know how much longer they can really keep up The Walking Dead because it already seems like they're running out of ideas. Neegan isn't nearly as interesting to me as The Governer was. Might be because he seems like what a teenager would think is a cool villain. I always end up getting the volumes for Christmas so I'll probably keep reading until i stop getting them.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I just read All Out War vol. 1 and I really enjoyed it. Negan is easily my favorite character in the comics, and would even rank up there with some of my all time favorite villains. I honestly feel he is just misunderstood, and that Rick acted on hearsay that resulted in Andrea killing one of the Saviors on first contact, starting the whole problem. This was only furthered when Rick actually pulled a play right out of The Governor's playbook.

I could really see this being the arc where Rick bites it, not only is Carl respected, but he has proven himself capable of leading. Rick is now a redundancy.