The Undertakers 2009 Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So i wasn't doing much over the weekend and I noticed on My hard dive that i have this pack of The Undertaker's 2009 & 2019 year of all his matches and promos and me being a huge Taker fan though why not, you know. So i began with 2009 and I wanted just to fit it all in one post but considering how much i wrote and back that he spent some time off I'm gonna have to split it into 2 parts so here's part I January-April.

Smackdown 01/09/2009 - The Undertaker vs. Shelton Benjamin
Really good 12 minute TV match here, that really let me remember how good Shelton is/was in the ring when he needs to be. As for Taker he was pretty much winding down but still competing at a high level. This was maybe 2/3 week before the Rumble and I don’t think this had much of a backstory to it aside from both men are in the rumble. I loved the beginning of the match with Shelton doing the stick and move offense to keep taker way but gets caught which leads to Taker working on the arm soften him up for “OLD SCHOOL†and he does hit it, but he continues to work it which was pretty AWESOME! Cause I can’t remember the last time Taker actually stuck to working the arm after “Old School†Taker would then go to the bread and butter offense and attempt the big boot after the snake eyes but Shelton counters it with a chop block and begins to work on the left leg, to which Taker sold really well. The match really made Shelton look aggressive and smart with all his purpose was taking out the knee and the reason why I said smart was, I’ve seen it done quite a bit in today’s WWE is that a wrestler would start working on the leg then 1 minute later start targeting the head or an arm and just totally forget the leg. The world eventually breakdown in so a back-and-forth contest with both men trading moves but not high impact moves, anyway the match ends when Shelton does for a float over I think in the corner but Taker catches him and delivers a Tombstone for the win. ***1/2

Smackdown 01/23/2009 - The Undertaker vs. Shelton Benjamin
This is the go-home edition of Smackdown right before the Royal Rumble. This wasn’t as good as their first match together but I like that they played off moments that happen in the first like, Shelton trying to do the stick on move punches to start but Taker wasn’t having any of it and took it to him. I also liked that Shelton had a counter for Taker trying to work the arm so Taker just left it alone. Shelton was just as aggressive in this one but it was in a different way, in the first match he tried to work on the leg but in this it was like he realized the knee wasn’t gonna work so he just wanted to out punch and just try to beat him up instead, In fact. I don’t think Shelton targeted the knees at all. This was also a lot slower than the first and a lot more back-and-forth too with was nice seeing Shelton get this much offense in. The moment of the match was defiantly Taker going for the chokeslam but Shelton counters to land on his feet then hit this AWESOME! Impeller DDT but that only gets a 2 count. The match would end when Shelton gets in the mount position but he lets up for a second and Taker applies the “Hell's Gate†But JR calls it the “Devils Gate†Oh I should also add JR and Taz on commentary are pretty underrated. ***

Royal Rumble 2009 – Rumble Match
The pack I downloaded has the match when Taker comes in at number 16, and I’m too lazy to download the whole show so I’m just gonna watch this one. The guys in the ring so far are Orton, Triple H, Jericho, Mysterio, Knoxs, Finley, Cody, Ted and JT “FUCKIN’†G Anyway Taker is in a #16 and he immediately throws JTG out :lmao As you know I really don’t like reviewing rumble match as far too much shit happens at once or nothing happens so I’m just gonna mention the stuff I liked. Like Jericho/Punk interaction, Punk/Regal interactions and Taker also got busted open the hard way I think it was a Finley punch or Punk Kick. But the real moment of the match was KANE coming in at #23 and the BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION! Reform and kill everyone. OH SHIT! I totally forgot RVD’s surprise entrance in this match too, the reaction was fuckin’ great and I LEGIT laughed when it took JR like 3 seconds to realize RVD was back, anyway RVD gets his usual stiff kicks and normal spots in and boy it looks sloppy. The Brian Kendrick #26 he eliminates Kofi then Triple H throws him out like seconds after so I think he was in for a total of 20 seconds :lmao #27 is Dolph and he has quite possible the worse generic song ever, anyway he starts beating on guys and as he’s doing the “Hi! I’m Dolph Ziggler†gimmick he tries to shake KANE’s hand be KANE just throws him out :lmao and I think he’s total was 20 seconds too. BUT SHIT GETS EVEN MORE HILARIOUS WHEN SANTINO COMES IN AT #28 AND BREAKS WARLORD'S RECORD! Not much happens for a while until Show comes out at #30 and he and Taker start interacting with one another. Actually forget what I said before the moment of the match so far was the 30 seconds that Jericho/Taker had together it started with Jericho eliminating RVD and he has a huge smile on his face until he realizes Taker is standing right behind him. He tries to eliminate him but Taker counters him with a whip into the rope but Jericho gives him a codebreaker and tries throw taker out but Taker gets the better of him and throws him out. OH SHIT! I forgot about the spot when Show does the “Close Elimination Spot!†you know the Michaels spot when his feet almost comes close to touching the floor but it doesn’t. Anyway Orton hits Show with an RKO into the top rope, and he falls out. And Taker begins to fight Orton off but Show pulls Taker down to the floor and the match cuts off here thankfully.

Smackdown 01/30/2009 – Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas)
Taker does his usual 3 minute EPIC entrance and the Mark comes out AMPED AND PUMPED UP! Water all over him and he’s just shouting. For what 5/6 minutes this was great, Taker tried to gain control with a headlock early on but Mark was like fuck this and gave him a nasty shoulderblock so Taker when to the striking game, but again Mark said fuck this and took the power strikes to him. Taker going for “Old School†but Mark catches him in mid-air with ease was great, he would continue to use power moves to keep Taker down. Taker’s comeback was the usual moves punches, flying clothesline and he also hit a Chokeslam on Mark then puts him in the “Hell’s Gate†for the tapout. **1/2

Smackdown 02/06/2009 The Undertaker & Triple H vs. Edge & The Big Show
All 4 men get full entrances, so Show and Edge take like a combined 2 minutes to come down, but Taker and HHH take at least 5 minutes combined. But as for the match it was really good just wish it was longer than 9 minutes, Show and Taker starting the match off with the usual quick and AWESOME! Striking. Triple H was beating on Edge in the corner and show yells out “EDGE WHAT ARE YOU DOING†:lamo as you would expect this was mostly Edge/HHH with Triple H being in control for the majority of it until Show got the blind tag and they started the hot-tag segment which was good but not great. I think the only reason it was good was Show and Edge wasn’t aggressive enough like a Benoit/Eddie would be or a well-oiled team but they would just get some moves in then tag out with no real communication, but I guess because they are not a LEGIT team I’m over exaggerating this, and the 2nd reason it was good was the lack of crowd caring at all about this. That really hurt it. They did do an AWEOMSE! FAKE hot tag moment that kind of got the crowd into it. But they would just die down again. Taker’s hot tag ruled too as everything he hit was on point and was great, the moment of it was defiantly Edge hitting him with a spear but doesn’t go for a cover with allows Taker to apply the “Hells Gate†but show Breaks it up with a leg-drop, AWESOME play off the WM 24 match. The match would end when Triple H would try a Pedigree but Big Show stops him with a Chokeslam! He would then pick Edge up but Edge would shove him away and say “What the hell is your problem?†and shoved him, Show would reply back with a KNOCKOUT PUNCH! Triple H would then tag in The Undertaker and Taker finishes it with the Tombstone. **1/2

Raw 02/09/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
OH SHIT! Michael Cole mentioning that these two feuded in the past :mark: AWESOME! Back-and-forth striking to start match these two have chemistry together, I really do need to watch this feud back again. I was so pissed that this match started off this fast then cut to commercial just to comeback and have Orton headlocking Taker, but that doesn’t last long. Jesus! Orton’s heel work is so basic that I forgot how much I loved it, he was doing the “headlocks†and the stomps you remember them he would stomp the arm, chest, leg and head. Oh shit he even pulls out the uppercut. I loved Taker’s comeback too with usual moves but what made it great was Orton’s bumping for the, the match ends when Taker goes for a Chokeslam but Orton counters it and tries the RKO but that doesn’t work he then tries the Tombstone but Legacy run down for the 3-1 beatdown, BUT OUT OF NOWHERE YOUNG SIMBA RUNS DOWN AND ATTACKS ORTON! This allows Taker to chokeslam Cody and Shane hits the Cost-To-Cost on Ted. Orton stares down Shane from the ramp and “Here comes the money†plays WIN! Dammit though the match needed more fucking time. **

Smackdown 02/13/2009 – WrestleMania 13 Video package & Undertaker promo
They show a WrestlerMania 13 rewind video showing Rocky Maivia and the Bret/Austin match. They then Show Taker beating Sid for the title and the video cuts into Taker cutting a promo about he will only have one ally in the Chamber match, the chamber itself which he will use to inflict the maximum amount of pain. Victory is his destiny. As for the others; their fate is sealed. Six will enter and five will rest in peace.

Smackdown 02/13/2009 – Fatal Four way match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. The Big Show vs. Vladimir Kozlov
Really enjoyable match here, with all hell breaking loose early on instead of doing that Blue having wrestlers tag in during a 4-way match, GOD! That fuckin’ annoying. The early part was Show/HHH in one corner and the other was Taker/Vlad but Taker says the hell with this and throws Vlad out so he and HHH can double team show and takes him out, which leads us to some HHH/Taker interactions which ruled the back-and-forth stuff with counters, OWNED! But show would cut it off and attack both men, which would lead to Show and HHH in the ring and Vlad/Taker on the outside before going to a commercial. When we come back Vlad & Show are now double teaming HHH while Taker is selling on the outside, which was pretty boring due to Vlad sucking and Show not doing much. Thankfully Show turns on Vlad and hits him with a chokeslam but Taker breaks it up and turns it up with his AWESOMENESS! The match really featured the basic 2 wrestlers in the ring, while one is on the outside selling and the other is in the ring selling. But they did manage to keep my attention which was nice, that was mainly because the cut out rest holds and went, move-move-move alright a different wrestler in the ring move-move-move. The match would end when Kozlov takes Show down with a running head butt. But Triple nails him with the Pedigree! But he turns right into a Tombstone from the Undertaker! Undertaker goes for the pin but Big Show stops him and hits the Chokeslam! Suddenly, Edge comes out of nowhere and Spears the Big Show, the ref calls for the bell IDK why because I thought all 3-ways and 4-ways were NoDq/No Countout but I guess not. My rating would have been higher if this would have gotten a LEGIT finish. **3/4 - ***

No Way Out 2009 - Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship: The Undertaker vs. The Big Show vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
Jeff and Edge start the match and they do some stuff, with Jeff looking somewhat motivated and Edge did a great job with his eyes selling being worried about the other guys in the pods. But the shocking moment of it all was Edge going for the Spear but Jeff catches him with a small package for a 3 count :lmao that was like 3 minutes into the match. Vlad is in next and for the first time he doesn’t look awful in the ring, maybe it’s because Jeff was bumping around for which made his offense look a million times more brutal. Vlad pretty much dominates this with throws, shoulder blocks and using his own head a as a weapon. Until Show comes out next and he and Vlad work over Jeff which lasted way too long, but it was pretty hilarious seeing them play the “whatever punishment you can do I can pull out a even more violent moveâ€. While keeping their eye on the other man, hey would eventually start to brawl and exchange blows with Show’s punch looking great while Vlad’s forearms look awful. Thankfully Triple H is out next and he murders everyone, until Show cuts him off and stuff gets boring again. Taker is last out of the pod and he begins to rip shit up punching the fuck out of Show and Vlad, he then tries to pick up Vlad for snake eyes but Vlad fucks it up so the move looks awful. Oh shit I also forgot about the AWESOME! Moment when Taker is goitng for the “Old School†on Triple H but while walking the ropes he sees Show getting to his feet on the outside so he leaps on to him but show catches him by the throat and tries the chokeslam but Taker counters with a DDT on the steel and sits up, back in the ring and then hits the “Old School†on Triple H. Vlad begins to attack Taker and mounts him in the corner, but Taker gives him the Last Ride coming out and pins him. Lol the elimination was 20 minutes after Edge’s, the match really begins to pick up again with HHH and Jeff bumping like crazy for Show and another AWESOME! Moment was Jeff climbing the chamber onto one of the pods and Show goes up to get him but Taker cuts him off and delivers a superplex from the top/middle rope H gives Show a Pedigree and Hardy leaps off the top of the pod for a Swanton to a great pop and he pins Show. I was kinda hoping we would get more Jeff/Taker interaction before he was eliminated but that wasn’t the case moment after Show was gone Jeff crotches Taker on the ropes and as Taker is getting back to his knees Jeff uses his back as a springboard and does the “Poetry emotion AKA Air Hardy†to Triple H on the outside. Jeff gets back to his feet and is against the ropes, which allows Taker to pick him up with the Tombstone and the pin. TRIPLE H VS. THE UNDERTAKER! FUCK YEAH! The mini-match here was good but it really didn’t great until they started trading finishers. However I did love the Snake Eyes spot but as Taker is going for the big boot Triple H manages to hit a spinebuster which only gets 2. But that would be topped when Taker picks up HHH up and it looks like he’s gonna use him as a battering ram but that gets reversed over the top rope and back into the ring for a Tombstone position only for Taker to reverse again and hits the Tombstone :mark: that would only get a 2 count, a minute later Triple H would hit the Pedigree which also only gets a close 2. Then the match would end when Triple H mounts Taker in the corner, and Taker would pick him up for the Last Ride, the same spot he and Vlad did earlier but this time Triple H counter but leaping over his head and hit the 2nd Pedigree for the win. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Smackdown 02/27/2009 - The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov
Vlad is still undefeated at this point, the match pretty much starts out with Taker wanting to strike with him so Vlad gets him in a headlock and Taker gets out, but Vlad catches him with a shoulder tackle they do that spot twice so Taker says FUCK THIS and kicks Vlad in the head. :lmao WWE also hurt this match with having a commercial 3 minutes into the match and when we comeback they showed us all the good back and forth action we missed with Taker going kidney first into the barricade and then Taker throwing him into the ring post :( Anyway, Vlad begins to take over with power-moves then slows it down with a side headlock. Takers comeback was really good too not much to really write about apart from he got his normal moves in which got the crowd popping, Vlad also fucked up the snake eyes spot again. Another problem I have with the match was the ending which came out of nowhere as Taker just about to hit the “Old School†but Vlad pulls Taker off towards him and catches him in mid-air for a powerslam and the 3 count, WHAT! A powerslam. **1/2

Raw 03/02/2009 – The Undertaker Appearance
So after Michaels beats Vladimir, Undertaker comes out and stares down Michaels from the ramp.

Smackdown 03/06/2009 – The Undertaker promo
The Undertaker comes down to the ring and gets on the mic, He says for most of his existence, others have chosen to stay clear of his path – he was the one in pursuit of the hunt. But times have changed. And that angers him. WrestleMania is the night he has chosen to show his peers what the Undertaker represents. Yet people need to feed their egos and endless souls line up to make a name for themselves at his expense, and he takes it as a personal insult. He says he accepts Shawn's challenge for WrestleMania (They air a video package of WrestleMania moments featuring Shawn Michaels) The Undertaker then says Shawn Michaels was very clever but chose the wrong man to play mind games with and it will make things worse for him. He says Shawn is an icon, but for 16 WrestleManias, they have come and fallen, and his fate will be no different. Shawn claims to have inner peace, but the time for prayer has only just begun. Undertaker then finishes it with the “sometimes it is hell trying to get to heaven†line.

Raw 03/09/2009 – The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels promo
Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring and gets on the mic, he says 16-0 at WrestleMania a a streak so extraordinary, no one could even think of replicating it. But said when it comes to show-stopping performances, he is no slouch himself. That's why on Friday he interrupted Taker's promo with a video package of his greatest Wrestlemania moments Shawn says he respects The Undertaker, but he's not afraid of him. He says Taker may be 16-0, but he is Mr. Wrestlemania. He says he's never been outperformed on the grandest stage and he never will. And that streaks are meant to be broken, good things must come to an end and nothing lasts forever. Michaels said at WrestleMania, something’s gotta give. The lights go out and an Undertaker video package airs of all his 16 Mania wins. When the video ends the lights came back on, AND TAKER IS IN THE RING BEHIND SHAWN! AWESOME! Without even turning around, Shawn said “hello Undertaker, I’ve been expecting you.†:lmao Taker says Shawn's arrogance has clouded his judgement he respects Shawn, but he’s fought many people he’s respected and they’ve all fallen. Shawn said he and Taker have taken very different career paths and different life paths. Shawn says he shouldn't have to qualify for anything at Wrestlemania. He says he revolutionized the ladder match, wrestled for an hour to win the title, and retired Ric Flair. He says he's still the showstopper and he can't wait for this. Taker then says Shawn has had epic victories at WrestleMania, but then again he’s had bitter defeat, despite all of his achievements, the dream of beating him at WrestleMania is a dream that will be soon laid to rest. Taker says Shawn concerns himself with being the showstopper, and with winning a match and breaking the streak. Taker says he should concern himself with what he's going to do with him physically, and what he will do to his soul. He says he doesn't need to steal the show, but Shawn will realize that he is the most dangerous entity to enter the ring. He says Shawn should have been more careful with what he wished for, because he's opened hells gates. Taker is just about to say Shawn would REST IN….. But Michaels would cut him off and say he'll rest quite comfortably because he'll know he did the impossible, and that's ended Taker's streak. Shawn reminds him that even though he's beaten all of his Wrestlemania opponent's he's never beaten Shawn, and he never will.

Smackdown 03/13/2009 - The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov
This was a lot better than their first match together which was 2 week ago, Vlad still can’t punch for shit but Taker was still pissed that he lost the first match so he came out super aggressive and violent and just went straight for the striking really dominating Vlad until Vlad started using his head as a battering ram. I should also mention Vlad was bumping really well for Takers moves in the early portion; Taker did the same when Vlad began to take over too working on the head with headlocks and punches, no real moves. But yeah this was a total carry job by Taker and I might be wrong but this was Vlad’s best one-on-one match ever. The match would end when Taker would hit the “Old School†Then the chokeslam, but decides he’s not done so he picks Vlad up and ends it with the Tombstone. **3/4

Raw 03/16/2009 – The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels vs. John Bradshaw Layfield & Vladimir Kozlov
Perfectly acceptable tag match here, it was pretty much an “Angle advancement†to further put over the Michaels/Taker feud. The match starts with Vlad and Michaels in the ring and Vlad throws HBK down so he sticks his hand out for Taker to tag in but he doesn’t so Shawn goes and attacks Vlad but that doesn’t work either so he just tags Takers chest and he’s now in the match :lmao Taker comes in and rip shit up the stares down Michaels with the “That’s how you get shit done†look on his face as we go to commercial. Back and Michaels is now in full control on offense taking it to JBL so be begins to get cocky and goes for the SCM but Vlad takes a run at Michaels on the apron but he ducks and turns right into a big boot to the face by JBL, and they begin the heel-segment on Michaels which was alright JBL was pretty brutal with strikes while Vlad just does rest holds to waste time. Taker’s how tag Ruled like it always does as he quickens the pace and hit the trade mark spots, the match ends when Taker was measuring JBL for the chokeslam but Michaels blind tags himself in and nails JBL with the Sweet Chin Music and the 3 count. Post-Match: Taker is PISSED! So he stalked Shawn up the ramp, but Michaels goes into the back as Taker stops on the stage he does the “Taker look back†looks back to the ring allowing SHAWN TO COME BACK OUT AND HIT TAKER WITH THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC! ** - **1/4

Smackdown 03/20/2009 - The Undertaker vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Before the match Taker gets on the mic and says make no mistakes about it, Shawn is the prey, and he is the hunter and when he least expects it, he will feel the wrath of the Undertaker. The match was damn good and it brings back memories of their 2004 feud together, where it was just a brutal slugfest brawl match from bell-to-bell, both men throwing awesome punches throughout. I will admit the commercial breaks hurt the pacing on the match it just came at the wrong time. But when we do comeback Taker hit the leg drop on the ring apron and he goes to whip JBL into the barricade but he reverses it and send Taker knee first in security wall and he smartly begins to work on Taker’s legs with stomps, kicks and using the ropes as a weapon too he even used the Figure-Four and they do this AWESOME! Spot where taker is laying on his back but sits up and grabs JBL’s throat and it looks like he’s gonna pick him up for the chokeslam but JBL counters with a chop block and begins to work on the leg again but only briefly because Taker starts the comeback while still selling the leg. I loved the near fall with Taker again going for the chokeslam but JBL kicks the knee and hit him with the CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! But the match would end when JBL is going to pick Taker up be he counters it into Hell’s Gate and JBL taps. ***

Raw 03/23/2009 – The Undertaker promo
The lights go out for at least a minute then the purple light comes in and Taker is already standing in the ring, AWESOME! He says Shawn Michael’s bold and brash behavior has taken their issue to a whole new level. He tells Michaels that his obsession with being "Mr. WrestleMania" has made his ability to decipher between what is fantasy and what is reality. Undertaker said it was true he has never beaten Shawn Michaels in a one-on-one match, not even once, but he reminds him that the last time they did battle, Michaels spent five years at home in agonizing pain trying to recover. Undertaker says at WrestleMania we'll find out if HBK is really afraid of The Undertaker and he reminds Shawn that when he's standing across the ring from him at WrestleMania and he's questioning his own faith, he has to remember that he was the one that opened the gates to hell. Shawn Michaels’ music but he doesn’t come out in fact he’s shows up on the tron saying that Undertaker's streak is made to be broken. He's in a cemetery, saying that it might be sacrilegious for him to be there, but he calls it defiance. He says that he respects Taker, but he's not afraid of him and he brings up the last sixteen WrestleMania opponents that The Undertaker has left to rot in hell. He says he's not afraid and then he runs down the entire list of Undertaker's victories, complete with highlights. AWESOME! He even points out that a fresh grave has been dug, surrounding by the darkness of death, but it's not for HBK, and it’s for Taker's undefeated WrestleMania streak. It won't just be buried six feet under, but it will be buried all the way to the evil depths of hell. Michaels kicks over the gravestone and watches it fall into the freshly-dug grave, saying "Undefeated streak....REST....IN...PEACE". A new gravestone appears with a 16-1 etched into it as Michael’s shovels dirt into the grave. When we come back to the ring, Undertaker is staring a hole through the tron, pacing around the middle of the ring, showing all these emotion in a space of 15 seconds. Lawler wonders if the Undertaker is going to be the same at WrestleMania with Michaels getting into his head and if Michaels has a death wish. FUCKIN’ AWESOME STUFF HERE!

Smackdown 03/27/2009 – Shawn Michaels' Tribute to the Undertaker
A bunch of druids in white come out to the ring and surround it they even added the white smoke, then some songs plays it was the same on HBK used before he real song at WM 25, anyway. A man comes out slow walk and all dressed in white which would be Shawn Michaels AWESOME! He says in beginning, God created the heavens and Earth, and to begin, it was only darkness. And God said, "Let there be light." and there was light. He saw the light and that it was good, and divided the light from dark. He called the light day and the darkness night. Genesis, chapter 1. He says he and The Undertaker represent both darkness and light, and they've coexisted here for almost 20 years, but they've taken very different paths. Taker walks in the shadows, but he thrives in the spotlight. Taker strikes fear in the hearts of his opponents, but as he walks through the valley of the shadow of death, he will fear no evil, for thou art with me. He has eternal life, victory over the grave, but the same cannot be said for The Streak. When he faces Mr. WrestleMania, the man he has never beaten, his Streak will come to an end and only he will ascend victorious. Shawn Michaels’ music starts playing and he does hit usual dancing, but suddenly THE UNDERTAKER CLIMBS THROUGH THE MAT FROM UNDER THE RING HOLY SHIT! WIN! He goes for the Chokeslam, but Shawn slipped out to the apron and he quickly leaves and retreated to the back. Taker signals for the end. Man this just better and better each week.

Raw 03/30/2009 – The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels promo
They show video highlights of the Shawn/Taker segment from Smackdown, and we go back to the ring and there is a funeral set in the middle of the ring. It has a casket and a few funeral wreaths and even pictures of his wins over Taker next to the casket. Shawn Michaels comes out all in black, and he says he stands her as a man unafraid; the entire procession is not for him, but for Undertaker. Shawn says the streak ceases to exist this Sunday and his undefeated streak at WrestleMania will cease to exist. They've fought before, and it's always been him who's come out on top, and he's never been able to beat him. Shawn says in Taker's illustrious career the only thing he hasn't accomplished is beating Shawn. Shawn promises this Sunday will be no different. He goes over what he's done the past few weeks with the superkick, the graveyard promo, and the tribute to Taker on Friday. Shawn says he's done it all without the slightest bit of consequence, and not a hint of retribution. Shawn opens the casket, and reveals that Taker is not inside and says there will not be any retribution. Taker said he uses WrestleMania as an opportunity to show what he represents, but he takes the fact that he doesn't think he can end The Streak as a personal insult. Shawn says he's Mr. Wrestlemania, and this Sunday every moment over the past 24 years will pale in comparison to what he achieves. Shawn says the next day they'll talk about the title matches, legends, ladders, and 70,000 people, but the moment everyone will remember will be when Shawn Michaels pins The Undertaker. THE LIGHTS GO OUT! TAKER IS IN THE RING, BUT SHAWN IS GONE! :mark: Taker shows his frustration that his mind games aren't working brilliantly by destroying the set, he then turns his attention to the casket, he opens it but Shawn isn't in there either. Taker turns around, but Shawn slides out from underneath the casket and delivers sweet chin music. I LOVE THIS FEUD!

WrestleMania 25 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
This match right here, oh boy. I loved the entrances from Shawn coming down in this elevator all in white with this lighter version of Takers theme before Sexyboy hits then Taker coming up from the depths of hell, WHAT? It’s not as good as the 26 coming up from hell cause that one had freakin’ green lasers. But this was just as enjoyable. Now on to the match, the opening Saw Shawn sticking and moving using his quickness to piss off taker and possible but doubt in Takers head that “Maybe He Can’t beat Shawn†Shawn FAKING! A knee injury 4 minutes in was hilarious, but Taker used that as motivation for when he was on offense just to beat the shit out of him. Michaels’ bumping in this match was AWESOME! A couple of minutes later Taker would miss the running big boot in the corner which would allow Michaels to begin working on the leg with a figure-four but Taker had an great break up for it, he would pull HBK towards him and punch him in the face. Takers selling post that, was spotty as fuck as he would do a bunch of power moves then remember he had his legs worked on slap it one then time and that’s all it took for the knee to be fine now. Another thing I like was it was probably mid match when Taker is going for the chokeslam but Michaels counter into the crossface and has him locked in it for at least a minute but Taker would get out of it and hit a side walk slam. They do some more great back and forth action, and they do another AWESOME! Spots where Shawn goes to hit SCM out of nowhere but Taker just falls onto his back out of instants and to ensure he doesn’t get hit by it so Michaels’ goes for the figure-four again but Taker counter that into “Hell’s Gate†Michaels ends up getting to the ropes and the fight on the outside. SHIT BEGINS TO GET REAL! First Michaels misses a moonsault or it looks like Taker just shoves him away in mid-move but then seconds later, Taker goes for the Vintage dive but Michaels pulls a camera man in front of him to take the full attack BUT! They completely miss where the dive is gonna be so Taker lands on his FUCKIN’ HEAD AND NECK, I’m shocked he didn’t break hi fuckin’ neck on that. I love the rest spot they used to cover up that Taker might be dead as the whole crowd is pretty much silent at this point and they just look at Taker on the floor, so Shawn asks the ref to count him out and he does. This is when they get the crowd back into it as they begin to get louder-and-louder as Taker slowly makes it back to the ring. AND NOW THE MATCH GETS FUCKIN’ EPIC AS THEY BEGIN TO TRADE FINISHERS! So Taker makes it in to the ring on the 9 count and Michaels goes for SCM but Taker grabs the throat and delivers a chokeslam for a great near-fall. Minutes later Michaels again goes for SCM but Taker again grabs the throat but this time Michaels’ slaps the hand away and hits SCM. Oh shit the Last Ride counter into the sunset flip just for Taker to grab Michaels with both hands and back to his and nail the last ride was another awesome false-finish. But shit gets even great with probably the best false-finish I’ve ever seen okay Taker throws Michaels’ over the top rope and Michaels being Michaels’ has to do the skinning the cat thing and try to come over the ropes again, well Taker sees this and catches him in mid-move in the tombstone position and Michaels’ try’s to fight him off but that doesn’t work and he hits the tombstone but Michaels kicks out in like 2 and 9ths of a second. TAKER’S FACE SOLD IT TREMENDOUSLY. Oh then they ruin the awesome stretch but countering the tombstone into the DDT but Taker didn’t hit his head at all and Michaels took all the punishment on the back. The Michaels tuning up the back and actually delivering SCM was a hell of a false-finish too. The match would end when they would trade offenses but Michaels would get the better of the two but he would go up to the rope and attempt the moonsault from the top but Taker would catch him in the tombstone position and connect with it for the 3 count and the win. HOLY SHIT! The finish was ridiculously smart and it helped the rematch the following year with the story of Shawn wrestling a near perfect match but made that one mistake and it costed him immortality. ****3/4

Superstars 04/16/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Matt Hardy
This was Takers first match since WM25, which was 2 weeks ago. Matt was a heel here as he turned on his brother for the 410th time and costed him the WWE Championship. The match is like 10 minutes long and the commercials really hurt the pacing of it. But from what I saw this was damn enjoyable as Taker was aggressive like always with everything he throw looked great and as for Matt he bumped like the Matt I like. The first 6 minutes was all Taker but he goes for the chokeslam but for some reason he held the choke on and looked at the crowd allowing matt to hit a neckbreaker but I also think he tried to hit the twist of fate, who knows it just looked awful. Anyway he begins to work the head and neck, cause he’s a smart man kinda and he watched the dive he took at Mania which almost broke Takers neck. Matt’s butterfly submission was pretty great, best thing he did in the whole match. Taker’s comeback was even better than normal as Matt goes up to the middle rope and he goes to leap of with an axe handle but in mid-air Taker kills him with a nasty boot. The match would end when Undertaker calls for the chokeslam again, but Matt bails to the floor and grabs a chair, then drops it, as he circles the ring. But decides he doesn’t want to get back in so he takes the count out loss. Post-Match: Jeff now hits the ring and beats Matt down. They brawl ringside, and Jeff throws him into the ring where Taker is still standing and he gives Matt the chokeslam. **1/2

Smackdown 4/17/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Shelton Benjamin
This not as good as their first match together but much better than the second. Shelton does the smart thing instead of working the legs like you usually do he works the head and neck. The early part of the match was great with instead of Shelton getting the quick start, Taker started off really quick and took it right to Shelton cause he knew the neck was hurting. So he tried to get the entire signature shit in like “Old School†but they do this great spot with Taker going for a suplex but Shelton is able to float over the top and hit the neck breaker and starts to take over. He really begins to slow the pace down with a side head lock he even threw a sick elbow and knee to the side of the head. Man Shelton’ s aggressiveness was great here, as he didn’t let up for a second and he didn’t do any silliness E.G. stop working the neck/head and target an arm for no reason. They do this awesome spot when Shelton does this awesome leap to the top rope but Taker catches him and tries to chokeslam Shelton but Shelton this time counters into a DDT for a good near-fall. The match ends when Shelton begins to get cocky and he does the cutthroat taunt, he picks Taker up for the tombstone but Taker backwards reverses it and hits a tombstone of his own for the win. ***1/4

Smackdown 04/24/2009 The Undertaker vs. The Big Show
This match fuckin’ ruled Show & Taker have that underrated chemistry, I don’t think people understand how great most of their 2008 matches were and this was on the level if not better than those. So before the match Show gets on the mic and cuts a promo about how he’s leaving SD for RAW now and he’s gonna knock the Undertaker out. Show warming up with boxing the air and shrugging his shoulders during Takers entrance to intimidate his was great. The early going in the match was Taker using his quickness to get away from show but Show was hitting these AWESOME body blows, so Taker say fuck it and starts punching away on Show. And it looked like Taker was getting the better of the strikes so Show does for the head butts. As we comeback from commercial Show head butts Taker in the back of the head and Taker sells the thing like it was a death blow, anyway Show sees this and begins to work on it. And it looks a million times more brutal due to the size of Show. The false-finish with Show hitting the chokeslam was good but I didn’t like that it didn’t mean anything, and they just did it because it’s show’s second finisher now. The slugfest leading to the finish was AWESOME! Both men know how to throw a hell of a punch and it just looked sweet. But that leads to this PHENOMENAL spot where Taker is going for the “Old School†and as he’s coming down Show catches him with a straight right hand, which connected beautifully. The sell job by Taker was ridiculously great too as he gets back to his feet like a drunk man and falls on to the middle rope so the top half of his body is on the outside of the ring. He then staggers back to his feet and just falls to the mat :lmao Taker does come back to his feet and Show punches him in the back of the head, but he doesn’t go for the pin . Show goes to pick Taker up by the hair and the ref sees Taker is clearly out of it the ref calls for the bell. Post-Match: As Show is celebrating, Taker again goes that AMAZING wobbling back to his feet with his hands up still asking show to fight. But Show acts like he doesn’t want any but tries to attack Taker, but Taker knocks him out of the ring. ***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Has to be one of Takers best ever years in wrestling 2009, so you chose well here.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
fxx.gif
Rewatching The Undertaker’s 2009 Year Part II​

SummerSlam 2009 – The Undertaker returns
So after CM Punk beat Jeff Hardy in a TLC match, Punk holds the world title over Jeff who is lying on the mat. Suddenly the lights go out, and when they comeback Taker is lying where Jeff was. Punk looks down and Taker sits up and grabs him by the throat and delivers a chokeslam.

Smackdown 09/04/2009 – The Undertaker Appearance
This is at the end of a Matt Hardy vs. CM Punk match and Punk has a chair around the face and neck of Matt, he’s just about to throw him into the ringpost. When the lights go out, when the comeback Taker is standing in front of him, Punk runs towards Taker but Taker catches him by the throat and chokeslams him right through the announce table.

Smackdown 09/11/2009 – The Undertaker & CM Punk promo
The Undertaker comes out to the ring and he gets on the mic. He says the sands of time have slowly fallen through the hour glass. But in 2 day he’s going to claim the world heavyweight championship. On once again cast his shadow of darkness over Smackdown. He then says he’s sure CM Punk is getting tired because he's waking up every night in a pool of his own sweat, consumed with fear because he knows, he knows that his breaking point is realized when he feels the grip of hells gate. Submission is the only alternative for the eternity of pain. And Punk when you submit, and you will submit not only will you relinquish the world championship. But you personally hand me your soul and thus symphony of lies with end. CM Punk comes out now and says he see thought the smoke and mirrors and sees Taker for what he was. While Hardy was the Charismatic Enabler, but The Undertaker is so much worse. He has prayed on these people’s chemically enabled minds. He then compares Taker to Alice and wonderland :lmao He then say all these people actually believe in the undertaker and they believe he can has magical powers, and that he has a chance at taking Punk's title this Sunday. He said he's stronger than the people Taker has beaten and made a name off of, guys like Hogan, Flair, and Shawn Michaels and says that he is stronger than all of them, and he's not after Taker's soul. He just wants to make Taker tap out. He wants to imagine the fans' reaction when it happens, when Taker taps to the Anaconda Vise. They already lost their hero Jeff Hardy, and when Taker taps they're all going to go on a pill-and-booze binge because their hero Taker tapped out. And the fans will get a glimpse tonight when Punk makes Matt Hardy tap out to the Vise. Taker then says the fans won't be saying "Just say no", they will say "Rest....in...Peace".

Smackdown 09/11/2009 – The Undertaker appearance
After the Matt Hardy vs. CM Punk match, the lights go out as Punk celebrates, and when they come up. Taker is standing at the top of the ramp, posing with it as we go off the air.

Breaking Point 2009 – Submissions Match For The World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
Do you know where this PPV is Montreal, you know where the "Montreal Screwjob" happens, so can you guess what the finish was 8D I’ll get to that later. Anyway this was pretty much 8-9 and half minutes long. Punk’s awesomeness at the start is great as Taker comes rushing in and Punk bails to the floor. When they come in they do the story with Punk using his quickness early on to get the better of Taker but gets cocky and that allows Taker to get some punishment in. They do mesh really well in this match with the clash of styles and they do some nice exchanges of strikes on the outside, Punk with his kicks and elbows while Taker throws punches and knees. Punk officially takes over when Taker whips him into the barricade and goes charging in looking for a boot but Punk moves out of the way and goes knee first into it. He then picks up a chair and hits taker twice with it. Back in the ring Punk hit the running knee in the corner and goes for the bulldog but Taker punches him off and goes for “Old School†but Punk counters that and hits him with a superplex off the top. They go back to the exchange of strikes and it still looks awesome. I really did love Punk trying to slow the match down but Taker kept trying to speed it up. The match ends when Taker tries the Chokeslam, but Punk hits a roundhouse kick to block. He then begins to crawl over to Taker, but out of nowhere Taker locks in the Hell's Gate and Punk taps in like 2 seconds. Post-Match: Teddy Long comes out on the stage and reminds everyone that Vickie Guerrero banned Hell's Gate a long time ago, so the match is restarted. Punk attacks Taker from behind and gives him one punch, he then goes for the Last Ride but Punk slips out and hits him with a chop block and applies this half assed Anaconda Vice and the ref calls for the bell. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I Fuckin’ hate the "Montreal Screwjob" finish Nobody gives a shit anymore, it’s just a sad attempt at heat and it doesn’t work. They booked themselves into a no win/no win stipulation here. They want to keep the belt on Punk and extend this out, but they can't have Taker submit. ***

Smackdown 09/18/2009 – The Undertaker’s Revenge
Teddy Long is getting into a limo, he tells the driver we have to go. The window rolls down and the Undertaker is behind the wheel. And Taker drops the line “BUCKLE UP TEDDY!†:lmao oh and Teddy’s facial sell job is the GREATEST THINK I'VE EVER SEEN!

Smackdown 09/25/2009 – The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
They work the Punk backing away from Taker in the early part, because he’s scared but he uses his quickness to get away. Punks face when Taker threw him over the top rope before the commercial was great. Taker seemed to wrestle smarter games here as it would look like Punk was gonna take over but Taker would use his exp. and counter that into something else. But Punk would actually get some offense in when Taker tries the “Old School†but Punk hits him with a round house kick and delivers 6/8 headbutts and delivers a suppersplex, he begins to work on Taker’s head and even puts Taker in a headlock using his legs and elbows him in the forehead, Taker gets out of it but attempting a chokeslam but then they start trading strikes. I wanna say the match is the exact same match they had at breaking point but just on TV. They used the same spots and counters and told the same story; the only difference was the finish. That happens when Taker throws the World Heavyweight Championship inside the ring and takes the top of the announcer's table off. He tries to power bomb Punk through the table but Punk escapes. Punk goes to the eyes and rolls in right before 10, so he wins by count out. ***

Smackdown 10/02/2009 – The Undertaker’s Message
He says CM Punk you are about to enter the domain of the Undertaker, the domain of suffering. A place with no forgiveness’, he will reclaim the world heavyweight championship and in the process he’s gonna knock him down from black horse of Self-righteousness and for all the pills, alcohol and drugs that you despise you’ll gonna need them. Welcome to HELLS PLAYGROUND, WELLCOMES TO SAITANS STRUTURE, WELCOME TO HELL IN A CELL!

Smackdown 10/02/2009 – The Undertaker, John Cena, Triple H & Shawn Michaels vs. CM Punk, Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes
Really, really solid match here all 8 men were on and it lead to a fun little TV main even. Wish It would of gotten more time though. Triple H beating the shit out of Ted was hilarious, oh and the slow face-off between Shawn and Michaels after the tag and even the little tease was AWESOME! Commercial fucked up the timing though as get to see Cena, HBK and HHH beat the shit out of Ted and Cody comeback from a commercial and Taker hits the “Old School†then tags out to Triple H, FUCK! He then beats up Cody for a bit then tags in HBK. But Cody gets the upperhand and the heels go to work. Funny thing is the match has been going on for at least 6 minutes now and now Orton finally gets a tag, Punk would get one minute later. I really enjoyed the heat-segment when Orton & Punk was in the ring working cause it was aggressive and really to the point with moves, they worked on the mid-section and the head. Cody and Ted not so much, but they did well with the cheap heel tactics like attacking Shawn when the ref was distracted. Cena’s hot tag was fun, he got his shit in and made Ted and Cody look like a bitch for the most part but they came back with this AWESOME! High/low double team as we go to another commercial. The heat on Cena was just as good if not better, Orton just beating on him was great and IDK if it was done on purpose but his facial expressions were great. I miss this cold and calculated Orton. Ted hits these two phenomenal fist drops, which would be the best thing he would do in his entire life. Triple H would get the hot tag and completely dominate Punk who is the world champ at the time. He tags in Taker and Punk leaps over and blind tags Orton :lmao Orton/Taker interaction was magic but short. The match would break down and with every guy hitting their finisher but that would leave Orton in the ring with all 4 faces and again his facial expression was GOLD! Anyway Cena scares Orton into a tombstone and Taker would pin him for the win. ***1/4

Hell In A Cell 2009 – Hell In A Cell Match For The World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
Just like their other matches in this feud they only get 9/10 minutes. Punk throwing hid t-shirt at Taker to piss him off was great. This was pretty great, Punk bumps huge for Taker and Taker does the same. I guess this was around the time Taker tried to get a dress code and Punk disagreed because Taker pretty much controlled the majority of this. Or that could just have been the story of the match as this is Punk’s first Cell match and Taker is KING! In here so he used his exp’ to control the match. I’m not complaining cause Taker is AWESOME dishing out his punishment here. At one point in the match Punk is on the ring apron and Taker kicks him in the head and he goes flying off back first into the cell, but the way he gains control is just magnificent that spot he rolls under the ring and to the other side can comes out well Taker see this and goes for him but Punk dropkicks the ring steps into his knees, and Taker sells it like he just got shot. I’m actually surprised it took Punk 3 matches in to start working on the leg. Punk also hit the running knee on the apron and goes for the bulldog but Taker counters and throws him into the cell back first again. Punk’s bumping rules, he gains control but kicking Taker into the cell then delivers the missile dive through the middle rope. The back-and-forth strikes rule again, with both men hitting everything on point and clean. I kinda with Punk would have worked the leg a bit more before they started trading big moves, they do this AWESOME! False finish with Punk doing the running knee in the corner but Taker counters it into the Last Ride for 2. Taker then goes for “Old School†but Punk counters by pulling him off the ropes and into a knee to the chest which looked AWESOME! Taker hits a chokeslam but doesn’t go for a cover, Punk gets back to his feet and Taker hits the tombstone for the win. Taker even selling the knee when the match was over was pretty badass. ***1/4

Smackdown 10/09/2009 – The Undertaker promo
Tony Chimel asks us to welcome the Undertaker into the arena. Taker comes down to the ring and gets on the mic, he says He is the reaper of wayward souls. The World Heavyweight Championship, he calls the world title the Holy Grail :mark: of everyone who steps in the ring. That is why it was important that he possesses it. But now consumed by the fortune and fame, the recognition that this title will lead them will make them sorry the road they do not want to embark on because it ends in his yard, the graveyard. Taker says Punk got off easy at Hell in a Cell but he will not leave Bragging Rights with his soul. Rey Mysterio’s heart is legendary and his courage is questionable, but he will show him no mercy. Undertaker said his battles with Batista in the past are epic, but not even his power will be enough to save his soul. Taker says it was appropriate that the match is called “Fatal†Fourway, because one by one they will REST IN PEACE!

Smackdown 10/16/2009 – The Undertaker’s message
Taker is backstage and some AWESOME! Dark music plays, Taker says It has been said history has a way or repeating itself, but not in my yard CM Punk, Teddy Long and Scott Armstrong. The 3 of you have once again tried to wrestle the Holy Grail from deaths grip. I think you should know once you entre hells a gate there no turning back. CM Punk at bragging right I will take your soul and in one weeks’ time I will give you your Last Rights.

Smackdown 10/23/2010 - Submission Match For The World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
CM Punk is out now with Scott Armstrong and Teddy Long. Punk says it's empowering when he walks into an arena where he knows beyond a he can beat down and physically everyone in it. It makes him feel strong to know everyone sitting at home he can make them cry with a blink of an eye. He claims he's going to make the Undertaker tap out for the second time. And he knows it hard and how horrible your lives are thinking the undertaker is gonna pulls out a miracle and beat him. Well The Undertaker cannot beat him and his bragging right start tonight when he becomes your Straight Edge World Heavyweight Champion. And the best thing about it is theirs nothing you can do about it HAHAHA! Before the match I must add Takers dyed black goatee beard OWNS! Take comes out aggressive to start working on the arm for “Old School†but doesn’t even go for the move, Punk goes for the Vice and Taker wiggles out like half a second into trying to lock in the move. They do this AWESOME! Spot where Taker tries to do the big boot and knock Punk off the apron, but Punk jumps down and Taker gets hung up on the ropes. Punk then begins working on the knees. But he begins the get cocky which allows Taker to comeback and lead to their mid-match strike off. Taker going for “Old School†And Teddy getting up off the chair for the false heel-turn, Punk then tells him to hand him the chair and he looks like he was but instead he gives it to the ring to give to Punk instead:lmao Taker sees that that happen chokeslams Armstrong then stares down Teddy and he looks like he’s about to leave until Punk hits him with 3 chair shots. Punk tells Teddy to get another ref as he locks in the Vice, but as a ref comes down Taker reverses it into Hell’s Gate and Punk taps. This was prob their weakest match of the 4 they had together in 2009. **3/4

Bragging Rights 2009 - World Heavyweight Championship vs. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio
The match was solid, nothing AMAZING! Nice to see someone told Taker his dye beard was awful cause he shaved it off. The match starts off as expected quick and a lot of Punk being the main focus. The match was really 2 guys in the ring, as soon as one gets knocked down another guy would come in, and so on. We did get a mini Taker/Batista interaction with ruled. Rey/Punk tore it up too, Punk/Taker was enjoyable but it was just the same spots we’ve been getting. I don’t think the match had a single rest-hold which was nice. They even did this sweet spot when Rey tries a senton on Taker but Taker counters into a last ride, and as he’s about to deliver the move Batista spears him. Anyway so Taker is lying in the ring and Rey & Dave can figure out who is gonna try the pin so they have a faceoff, well Rey going running towards Taker and he catches him by the throat but Batista makes the save. Rey gives Taker the 619 and Batista hits him with a spinebuster but Punk breaks up the pin cover. I also realized Batista and Rey didn’t really touch but I loved the tease spot when Batista had Taker beat with the Batista bomb but Ret breaks it up, they have a little argument and Batista says "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!" and throws Rey out. The match would end minutes later when Taker hits Batista with the Tombstone. Post-Match: Josh Matthews attempted to interview Rey Mysterio, who was trying to help Batista up, Rey says, "Hey, we did our best. We'll get 'I’m next time." Batista holds his arm around Rey and asks if people think they were close. He says that's wrong, and he thinks he was, and he's tired of coming this close. You know what else he thinks? He's tired of his best friend stabbing him in the back. Rey is shocked and Batista asks if he thinks he's playing. "I am not playing. Rey, I'm not playing. I'm gonna rip your head off." Rey pleads for reason, but Batista DESTROYS him with a clothesline and continues to assault on the outside. "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!" Rey begs for mercy, but Batista tosses him into the crowd barrier. ***1/4 - ***1/2

Smackdown 11/06/2009 – The Undertaker & Chris Jericho promo
The Undertaker comes to the ring and gets on the mic, it seems like an eternity ago the demand of hell pass judgement of the mortal world, and unleashed creature of the night so powerful that the mention of his name would bring shivers down spines of those who oppose him. It was at the survivor Series that the dark birth of the Undertaker was born and year by year those who oppose me would bearish at his feet. Yet year after year, they still come for this. They come for a change to be World Heavyweight Champion. This is the Holy Grail for all those who step forth in this ring. The Big Show betrayed an entire team; he betrayed an entire team for the opportunity to become World champion. But what he won was the opportunity to be terminated by the hand of the Dead Man and that brings him to Chris Jericho, there are a few things that bring joy to his dark heart. One is fighting alongside his brother Kane, and the other is fighting AGAINST his brother Kane. AWESOME! Line. He then says Chris Jericho took that opportunity away from him. So at the Survivor Series, Jericho’s soul will be his. Chris Jericho then comes out, and walks down to the ring but doesn’t get inside. He says finally after 10 long years this is what the WWE universe has been waiting for, two of the biggest stars in WWE history, Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker face-to-face. The best in the world and The Phenom. He gives us the definition of phenomenon and says it describes him better than Taker. Jericho said he was the best at what he does, and that makes him unusual. Jericho said he was the only one to stand up and tell the truth, claiming Undertaker has been brainwashing the fans for 20 years. Jericho said Undertaker wasn’t a Deadman, he was just a MAN. Jericho said he was on the role of his career, and he can beat anybody that he chooses at this point, and at Survivor Series he's going to win the title. He claims to not be afraid of Taker's smoke and his infamous gong doesn’t bring shivers down his spine. He’s not afraid of Taker. Jericho got in the ring and informed the Undertaker that he was the NEW Phenom and there’s nothing Taker can do about it because he is the best in the world at what he does. Undertaker grabs Jericho by the throat, but Jericho kicked him in the gut and they begin to brawl. Jericho charged Undertaker, but was knocked down and rolled out of the ring.

Raw 11/09/2009 – The Undertaker appearance
It’s after a Jerisho/DX match and they selling in the ring, Justin Roberts gets on the mic and says he was just informed of the main event of Raw next week it will be a triple threat tag team match, Chris Jericho & The Big Show vs. D-Generation X vs. John Cena AND THE UNDERTAKER! Taker comes out on the stage and does the trademark cut throat taunt.

Smackdown 11/13/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho
FIRST EVER ONE-ON-ONE meeting, OH SHIT! And it only took 10 years. Like all Taker vs. Smaller guy match they do the smaller quicker guy hitting first but that doesn't last long and Taker begins to throw him around. Taker does hit the leg drop early on and then begins to work the arm for “Old School†but as Taker is climbing up the ropes, Jericho armdrags him off the top. As we go to a commercial, Jericho begins to work on the head with punches and he even does the side boot on the face. Taker tries a comeback but counters with a flying missile drop kick and locks in a side headlock, they fight on the outside and Jericho gets his cocky offense in and throws him around, back in the ring and he completely works on the head, but it’s mostly strikes. Taker’s brief comebacks were fun while it lasted but Jericho cutting him off at every turn was great. They do this AWESOME spot when Taker is about to hit the last ride but Jericho counters out over the top and hits the code breaker, for a great near-fall. He begins to get cocky but and tries the TOMBSTONE but Taker counters, But Jericho counters again with a chop block. The match would end when Lionsault from Jericho to the Undertaker but the Undertaker immediately rises up. Taker tries a chokeslam but Jericho amazingly rolls out of it and locks in the Walls of Jericho. The Undertaker tries to roll out but Jericho tries to keep the hold on. The Undertaker somehow gets Jericho into Hell's Gate and Jericho taps after about 5 seconds. Post-Match: The Big Show decides to make his way out to the ring. Show taunts the Deadman but it's just a distraction. Jericho attacks Taker and then Big Show joins in the destruction. Show chokeslams Taker and follows that up with a leg drop. Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho and The Big Show locks in his Cobra Clutch submission. KANE comes down and Big Show leaves Jericho all by himself and Kane takes Y2J out with a boot. Jericho rolls out. **1/2 - **3/4

Raw 11/16/2009 – The Undertaker & John Cena vs. JeriShow (Chris Jericho & Big Show) vs. D-Generation X
This was 7 minutes long; I swear the entrances were longer than the actual match. So with the 7 minutes it was technically sound but it could have been a million times better. I would say if felt more like post-Raw dark match just to give the fans something to go home happy with. Taker gets the drones and quire music before the GONG! EPIC! Crowd pop before he even came out was great too. The rules are standard 3-way rules but you can only tag your partner in, Cena, Michaels and Jericho start but Jericho tags in show straight away, HBK tags in HHH and Cena tags Taker in :lmao The faceoff between HHH/Taker was fun then they looked at Show and he had that OH SHIT! Look on his face :lmao they take him out and we have a mini-Taker/HHH match. We then get a Michaels/Taker interaction :mark: but Show cuts it off with a spear. Cena blind tagging himself in when it looked like Taker was gonna chokeslam Jericho was weird. I have to admit the match was like 12 different tag matches rolled into one, with 0 rest-hold it was basically 2 men do stuff, and one of the other 4 guys come in and stop it and so on. So I did get lost numerous times. Anyway the match ends when Cena beats Triple H with the FU. Post-Match: Taker hits Cena with the Tombstone, because he was still pissed about the blind tag. And Taker poses with the world title to end the show. **3/4

Smackdown 11/20/2009 - The Brothers of Destruction vs. JeriShow
The KANE/Taker mesh-up theme was great but not on the level of the 2001 version of it. KANE! Walking slow to match Taker’s pace was hilarious. As for the match really solid stuff here, it got a good amount of time and everything clicked. Kane and Jericho start, and it was good with Kane getting the better of the two and tags in Taker so he can beat on Jericho, but he escapes and tags in Show and we get another AWESOME! Taker/Show interaction, with back-and-forth punches that had a ton of energy behind every blow. Back from a commercial and Jericho is taking it to Taker but that doesn’t last long and Taker hits “Old School†and tags in Kane to take over, Kane goes for a Chokeslam but Show blind tags in and hits him with a spear. Which leads to the heat-segment on Kane, which was really enjoyable Show’s body blows are great for soften up Kane for Jericho to apply rest-hold and get cocky. I loved the false tag after Kane counters the LionSault, then Show gets the tag in and Jericho goes down to the announce table and says “LOOK HE HE’S THROWING KANE ROUND, LIKE A RAG DOLL!†But that didn’t last long and Taker comes in for the how tag and that got the people into it as he hits all the normal signature moves. All hell would break loose and The Brothers of Destruction send Show into the opposite barricade. Taker rips the top of the announce table off and Kane retrieves The Big Show. They tease a double chokeslam to the Big Show but Jericho saves Show. Back inside the ring, the Brothers of Destruction surround Jericho. Kane delivers a chokeslam but gets dragged to the outside by the Big Show. Inside, Taker tries to Tombstone Jericho but Y2J escapes. Taker gives his attention to Show and tries a chokeslam. Show elbows out of it but Taker immediately boots Jericho to the ground. Show gets in the ring and Chokeslams Taker. Show attends to Jericho but Y2J takes Show out with the Codebreaker. Jericho goes outside and grabs the World Heavyweight Championship. Chris Jericho runs off with the belt and poses to end the show. **3/4

Survivor Series 2009 - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. Big Show vs. Chris Jericho
Well this is still disappointing, the first half of the match was pretty much Show/Jericho beating on Taker. Until Show gets taken out which leads us to a Taker/Jericho middle portion which was pretty much the same match we got on SD two weeks ago just shorter. Big Show makes a returns and then the match got somewhat more enjoyable, but it felt like they were holding back here for some reason and 13 minutes didn’t help. The match ends when Jericho goes for the Codebreaker on Show, but Show easily tosses him away and lays him with the KO punch. He then sets his sights on Taker but first he drops the straps and goozles he tries the Chokeslam but Taker drops down and catches him in Hell's Gate and Show taps. This didn’t have enough Taker/Show for my liking and it just felt like a SD TV main event match. But the best part was the “GO BACK TO TORONTO!†“I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT†line WIN! **1/2

Smackdown 11/27/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho
Just a shorten version of the first match they had together, Batista attacked Taker for the DQ. Batista goes back outside and grabs a chair. Jericho takes Taker out with the Codebreaker. Jericho exits and Batista enters to attack Taker with the chair. He beats Batista down for like, a minute with the chair. Batista poses over the Undertaker. **1/2

Smackdown 12/04/2009 – The Undertaker Calls Out “The Animal†Batista
The Undertaker comes down to the ring. Before he can make it to the ring, Dave Batista comes out of nowhere and takes Taker out with a chair shot, he hits him around 4/5 times then sends him into the steel steps and grabs the chair again and smashes Taker with the chair in the back and then attacks Taker's front. He sends Taker into the steps again, and then begins choking Taker with the chair. Batista then rolls Taker into the ring and gets the chair he started this with and nails Taker in the head with it. He then picks up the World Heavyweight Championship and tosses it back down. He picks up a somewhat concusses Undertaker and delivers a Spinebuster on top of a chair. Batista poses on top of the Undertaker with the World Heavyweight Championship, as The Undertaker stirs, so Batista strikes him in the head with the title and that how the show comes to an end. AWESOME!

Smackdown 12/11/2009 – The Undertaker Appearance
It was after the Batista/Mysterio match and Batista gets the chair and puts it around Rey's head. He climbs the turnbuckle but the Undertaker's Gong strikes. Arena turns dark and when the lights come back on, Taker is in the ring. Taker attacks Batista with a bunch of punches in the corner. He adds in some kicks and then gets the steel chair. Batista bails out of the ring and The Undertaker poses with the chair and staresdown Batista.

TLC 2009 – Chairs Match For the World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. Batista
This is probably the weakest Dave/Taker match they have ever had together. IDK if it was because Dave was playing the heel role here, but it just didn’t click. It also didn’t help that the stipulation for this is FUCKIN’ Blue! What is a chairs match? You grab a chair and use it, that’s it REALLY? That is the best you can come up with. Oh that’s not even the worse part; the worst part is the fuckin’ finish. Batista got a low blow behind the ref's back and a chair shot to win, Theodore Long comes out to say that chairs are legal, but low blows are not, and he's not going to let a title change hands that way. WHAT? Taker gives Batista a chairshot and finishes with the Tombstone. **1/4 - **1/2

Raw 12/14/2009 – The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
This goes for around 3 minutes, UGH! But with those 3 minutes it totally ruled. Man What I would give to get this one more time. You know what else makes this hilarious, this this was a 3 hour slammy Raw but this is given 3 minutes. Taker’s entrance alone is 2 and half minutes long. The match starts with Orton going for the headlock early but Taker goes straight for the arm and tried “Old School†but Orton counters with the armdrag and begins to work the mid-section and head. But Taker comes back with punches and a huge clothesline in the corner. He hits Snake eyes and the big boot, then hits a legdrop but that gets a two count. He tries to chokeslam Orton but he counters and clothesline over Taker over the top but Taker lands on his feet. He then sets Orton up and delivers the Leg Drop on the ring apron. He turns around and sees Ted & Cody coming down and stops them in their tracks. As he turns around he walks right into a RKO on the floor AWESOME! And he ref begins to count them out, Orton rolls into the ring at the count on 9 to win. Post-MATCH: Taker double chokes Ted and Cody out of the ring and delivers a huge chokeslam to Orton. **

Smackdown 12/25/2009 – World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio
This was a treat to watch, they worked the big-man vs. small-man. And what better way to tell that story with arguably the best big man worker EVER! And the greatest little man to ever do. The match got maybe 7 minutes and it was so enjoyable to watch. I can’t wait for the Rumble 2010 match now. The match starts with Rey using his quickness but Taker say fuck that man punches him in the face, and then just throws him out of the ring like he was nothing. He tries the ring apron leg drop but Rey slides into the ring and tries a dive but Taker catches him but Rey slips out of the top and pushes Taker right into the post. He gets back in and does the suicide drive through the middle rope and that takes Taker down as we go to a commercial. Back now and Mysterio is kicking the Undertaker in the leg, but Taker catches one of the kicks and delivers an AWESOME! Uppercut to Mysterio. They do this this spot which is pretty great when Mysterio leaps off the apron for a seated senton but the Undertaker catches him. Taker swings Mysterio's body against the outside barricade. Back in the ring and Taker slows it down with just pick apart Rey with all these different stuff like he would punch away at the head, then kick his mid-section then work on the arm, whatever he could do to punish him he would try. Taker tries the Last Ride but Mysterio slips out of it and kicks the Undertaker. He goes to the apron and launches himself off the ropes headfirst into the Undertaker. Mysterio goes back to the apron and comes down with a springboard legdrop. He pins Taker and gets a two count. Taker gets to his knees and Mysterio kicks him. Mysterio bounces off the ropes but Taker catches him by the throat. Rey then tires another springboard attack but the Undertaker meets him with a Big Boot. AWESOME! Taker then hits a chokeslam on Rey, but Batista enters the ring and hits the Undertaker for the DQ. Post-Match: Batista Spinebusters Undertaker, he then tries the Batista Bomb but Taker counters. Rey Mysterio launches with a springboard dropkick that sends Taker into 619 positions. Mysterio hits the 619 and prepares for the springboard splash. The Undertaker catches him by the throat but Batista spears the Undertaker. Batista tries to attack Rey Mysterio but Mysterio counters that into a drop toe hold followed up by a 619. Mysterio hits a seated senton on Batista and goes out of the ring. FUCK YEAH! ***1/4

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Maybe you should have spaced this thread out more, might be getting more of a response that way.

Are you going to be doing more of these, if so how about Bret Hart from 94.