The George Floyd Protests (Ongoing)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Anyone who supports what’s happening in Minneapolis is a twat. A precinct was put on fire about 2 hours ago. This shit is insane. People who “protest” like this don’t fucking care about the cause, they just use it as an excuse to destroy the city and steal. You can be pissed at what happened, I get it, it was a horrible incident and those cops should be tried for murder, but, to go out and do what these people are doing, jesus, you’re stupid. Ruining people’s businesses that they worked hard to build, burning a fucking precinct, hope you like your taxes going towards fixing what your stupid asses destroyed just because you felt like being an idiot.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Anyone who supports what’s happening in Minneapolis is a twat. A precinct was put on fire about 2 hours ago. This shit is insane. People who “protest” like this don’t fucking care about the cause, they just use it as an excuse to destroy the city and steal. You can be pissed at what happened, I get it, it was a horrible incident and those cops should be tried for murder, but, to go out and do what these people are doing, jesus, you’re stupid. Ruining people’s businesses that they worked hard to build, burning a fucking precinct, hope you like your taxes going towards fixing what your stupid asses destroyed just because you felt like being an idiot.

THANK YOU! 100% Agreed here.

What happened to George Floyd was fucking horrible, and justice should be served. But not like this, the business, the people who lost their job, etc...they ain't have shit to do with what happened. I seen so many people who are saying "nothing else works." and yeah, sadly this shit keeps happening, but this is the first time I can remember seeing everyone saying "Yeah, the cops need to be punished." so, I can see this being a time where they actually do something about the damn cops who did this. So it just makes it even more pointless, as something very very likely will be done.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
People’s excuses of “peaceful protesting doesn’t work...” but destroying people’s fucking lives does? This shit isn’t going to bring him back. It’s not going to stop crooked, racist cops. These businesses are all some people have and now they’re fucked because a bunch of people saw this as an opportunity to go act like buffoons.

Go harass those two cops, go stand outside their houses, make them feel the magnitude of their actions, don’t go fucking up the city you’re going to have to pay for out of your own damn pockets, and stop ruining innocent lives cuz you felt like stealing a TV and setting fires.

Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh shit we're allowed to think the rioters are wrong and the cops were murderers? The news and people at work told me I had to pick a side

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh shit we're allowed to think the rioters are wrong and the cops were murderers? The news and people at work told me I had to pick a side

Yeah, fuck people who wanna tell you that.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
People should have realized that when the Rodney King Riots didn't solve a single fucking thing, that maybe violence isn't the answer.

Reactions: Doom and Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
People should have realized that when the Rodney King Riots didn't solve a single fucking thing, that maybe violence isn't the answer.

Don't think its a matter of them realizing it, its them not caring

Reactions: Swamps and Vegeta

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Don't think its a matter of them realizing it, its them not caring

TBH, I'd say the people who are coming to riot and steal, if I were governer Walz, I'd say shoot on sight. They're worthless scumbags who are no better than the police so might as well see the fireworks go down between police and rioters. :swamps

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
For the record, I'm kidding, obviously.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
What a horrible, horrible mess that's going on in Minnepolis. If these rioters actually think that burning down businesses and burning down the prescient would make things better, I'm sorry, but you (the protesters) are all a bunch goddamn, ungrateful Americans who should be tried for the destruction they have caused. Yes, every cop who wrongfully commits these unnecessary acts of excessive force causing deaths, should be tried for murder and spend their entire life in prison. And of course, they blame Trump, like they always do, for "glorifying violence," thanks Twitter. This doesn't solve a fucking thing by pointing fingers. I feel like this will get much worse all throughout the country as this goes unrest. It disgusts me to the core that our country is plunging into chaos. May God help us all.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
National Guard is being sent to Minneapolis. :worried

Honestly, the situation has become untenable, and I'm frightfully afraid that this is the second coming of the Rodney King Riots...

Minneapolis is just never going to be the same after this.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
poster-11-560x315.jpg

The Twin Cities riots or Minneapolis riots are an ongoing series of civil disturbances in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area, Minnesota, United States. Unrest began in Minneapolis on May 26, 2020, after the death of George Floyd while being restrained by officers of the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD). Demonstrations and protests were initially peaceful, but windows were smashed at a police precinct, two stores were set on fire, and other stores were looted and damaged in the metropolitan area.[3] The police responded by shooting tear gas and firing rubber bullets into the crowds.[4][5] One man was fatally shot at a pawnshop during the riots.[1] On May 28, at around 11:00 pm, protesters overran the MPD's Third Precinct building in Minneapolis and set it ablaze after it was evacuated.[6]

On May 28, Governor of Minnesota Tim Walz called in the National Guard to respond to the riots.[7] U.S. President Donald Trump assured Walz of U.S. military support.[8]
For those who don't know, it's become a war zone in Minneapolis following the violent police homicide (using the terminology as they hasn't been charged yet) of George Floyd earlier today. Innocent shops, bars, buildings and some homes have been burned down in Downtown Minneapolis, and the National Guard has been deployed to the area, as well as the entirety of the State Trooper force, and the St. Paul Police are responding as well. The entire city is now on lockdown and it's only a matter of time before martial law and curfew is declared. The situation is only going to get worse before it gets any better, and this series of riots may have long-lasting net negative effects on the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota for decades if not longer. Those of you who have watched the news have seen the chaos and the pent up frustration in the police and protesters. Updates will be given regularly.

My personal opinion is that this could very well be my generation's Rodney King Riots, a horrific series of riots in Los Angeles in 1992 that scarred the neighborhoods at the epicenter even now to the point where the trauma is still there. The economic catastrophe for Minneapolis and Minnesota could cause the city to become a massive ghost town for the forseeable future as it's possible business owners leave the city to seek safer areas. It's absolutely horrible to watch. The police have massively fucked things up and it's gotten worse and worse.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I think we should move our posts related to this on this thread.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi