The Rock on possible Roman Reigns match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
rock_4.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has addressed the possibility of facing Roman Reigns at WWE WrestleMania.

In an interview with Andrew Freund of Dish Nation, The Rock stated that there was "no truth" to the rumor that he would face the WWE Universal Champion. In a similar interview with Comicbook.com, Johnson did not rule out another match, but said that any in-ring scenario would have to make sense.

"There is no truth to that right now. Possibly down the road. We'll see," Johnson told Freund. "We stay very close, myself and Roman Reigns."

In the Comicbook.com interview, Johnson was asked a more direct question about whether or not he sees a WWE title reign in his future.

"I don't know if i have another title run, considering I'm The People's Champion. I don't know if it's another title run," Johnson said.
"Possibly, you know, there might be another match down the road. Just, it would have to make sense."

Johnson had praise for both Reigns and The Usos, as well as their Bloodline group.

"I'm very close with Roman obviously, and we talk about this all the time. I encourage him to keep doing your thing, keep sharpening those skills. I think he's doing a great job with his promos, his execution, his in-ring work, it all continues to improve and grow," said Johnson. "Again, I'm very, very proud of him and I like everything he's doing. I like everything that The Usos are doing. I like what they're doing together," said Johnson.

Johnson also said that Reigns is changing the wrestling business with his performances.

"And that's always the best part, I think, about that world of professional wrestling, is that when someone gets anointed and given the ball to run, they either score a touchdown with it, or they don't. But then some not only score a touchdown with it, but then they begin to change the way the game is played. And in Roman's case, he's slowly doing that. You can start to read the tea leaves," Johnson said.
"And we'll see down the road."

Johnson's comments came in a series of promotional interviews for his new film Red Notice. Red Notice is n select theaters now and premieres on Netflix on Friday, November 12.

The interviews referenced above can be seen below.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I mean it would be huge if they could get it to happen but if it isn't this year which doesn't look likely, i'm kinda out on it for the time being.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

This guy is sauve as fuck on talk shows.

They've been making a lot of references and teases around this match, be nice to see it by next WrestleMania. Definitely one of the big money matches they have left for sure.

Feels like 2023 is the ticket though. WrestleMania Hollywood, fits The Rock like a glove.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I would be weary of planning anything that far ahead with the rock when hes always busy and doing movies. he may even be on a set by next wrestlemania and movie sets pay a lot better. I'll believe it if and when it happens

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean I always assumed the reason Rock isn't in the Hall of Fame yet is cause they wanna induct him then have him face Roman the next night in his final match. At the end of the day, if he wants to do it then he'll do it and if not he won't. I never liked the dodgy answers that wrestlers give though. It was the same shit with Stone Cold that from WM 29-32 he kept saying he might come back but of course never did and finally said he never will. Don't give me that whole "it's my movie career" bullshit. You already have like 100 million dollars and are the biggest movie star in the world. Don't pretend like you can't take 3 months to work a feud with Roman. If you don't wanna do it then say you don't wanna do it, not this "yeah well maybe" crap. I understand why they didn't do it during COVID but I did assume it'd happen this year but that looks unlikely now. Maybe next year? I always assumed they'd keep the title on Roman and have him defend it against Rock but if they push the match off another year then Roman is gonna have a multi year title reign which isn't a bad thing. I just never thought that would happen in this day and age.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I personally think WWE wants this match 10000x more than Rock those but I guess thats not really a hot take lol

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I personally think WWE wants this match 10000x more than Rock those but I guess thats not really a hot take lol

That's a given honestly, The Rock is making a shit load of money doing movies so he doesn't really need the WrestleMania payday. His name has huge value for WWE, and getting his name on a Mania card against their biggest star. If he's up for it, then it'll happen.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rocks taking time off movies to promote the XFL he and his wife acquired around Mania Time....that leaves his schedule wide open......for next year.