The Pauly D Project

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Fuck you guys some more. I like Jersey Shore and I especially like Pauly D.

MTV's other premier for the night is The Pauly D Project, following the life of Pauly D on his road to superstardom as a DJ. It doesn't sound as contraversial as Jersey Shore, but hopefully it will be fast paced and fun, like I would prefer.

I'm watching.

Anyone else?

No?

Fuck you guys.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
My only problem with this is that there are probably thousands of awesome DJs and producers in America right now that could've benefitted from this exposure far more than Pauly D ever could. And I don't say that as an insult to the guy, I think he's a pretty good DJ (when he isn't trying to scratch lol).

I doubt I watch the show at all, but that's more to do with the fact that I think MTV is shit anymore.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My only problem with this is that there are probably thousands of awesome DJs and producers in America right now that could've benefitted from this exposure far more than Pauly D ever could. And I don't say that as an insult to the guy, I think he's a pretty good DJ (when he isn't trying to scratch lol).

I doubt I watch the show at all, but that's more to do with the fact that I think MTV is shit anymore.

Yes, its nothing personal, but there's plenty of DJ's out there that could have used this. Hell, I would rather watch a show with already established DJ's than watch Pauly D. No offense.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
As a fan of djs for the last decade I echo fuji and nova

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
In Pauly's defense, it would be more profitable and a lot more successful right off the bat to use a guy that MTV viewers are already familiar with. Plus, some DJs don't have the same personality, outgoingness, or even the connections he does. Not saying there aren't any, there are probably dozens of them, but there also a ton that don't. I guess it was most convenient for MTV at the end of the day, but they are coming out with a show called 'Dev' and that's apparently about some sort of young artist, or something like that. I think.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
In Pauly's defense, it would be more profitable and a lot more successful right off the bat to use a guy that MTV viewers are already familiar with. Plus, some DJs don't have the same personality, outgoingness, or even the connections he does. Not saying there aren't any, there are probably dozens of them, but there also a ton that don't. I guess it was most convenient for MTV at the end of the day, but they are coming out with a show called 'Dev' and that's apparently about some sort of young artist, or something like that. I think.

I'd rather watch Carl Cox sit on a toilet and shit out more personality than Pauly D but hey, that's just me! :lol:

All kidding aside though, I wish this dude success because it's not like he can fall back on his education or anything like that.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Dev is the chick from like a G6 and Bass Down Low...and I know a shit ton of djs that are way cooler then pauly d...one of them went to school with pauly d said he was the dorky kid everyone made fun of in school

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I knew that.

Only because of the Jersey Shore edition of 'When I was 17'

Anyways, I'll take what I can get. I like Pauly, and I know a lot of people who have only seen a little bit of Jersey Shore won't really understand it, or believe it, but he's pretty hilarious and not at all a drama queen or attention whore like, say, The Situation.

Think what you want, but I'll enjoy the series. Hopefully.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Although I am not a fan of anything being talked about, in terms of profitability, EC is right.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
He's absolutely right. Pauly D is $$$ for MTV, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation :rofl:

My beef is more with MTV than it is with Pauly D. Like I said, I think he's a pretty good DJ. I just wish MTV would take some risks and actually promote musicians and artists that could really use that kind of exposure.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can agree with that, but that's not the hand we've been dealt unfortunately.

I'd say that creating Rob & Big was a bit of a risky move and really helped out a skateboarder's career. It also helped MTV because they then got Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and Ridiculousness out of it, and those are both successful shows. And I love them both, too. So I give MTV credit for that.