The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
All I can speak of is my experience. right now in college I'm majoring in finance and they make us do the math both ways. They teach us by hand and then with a financial calculator. But calculators in schools are more to just do the addition or subtraction after you've done the hard stuff by hand. And in real life, why would anyone do math the long form anyway if you have a calculator. If I'm trying to figure out my mortgage payments I'm not gonna do it by hand just cause when I can use a calculator lol. I think it's important to know HOW to do it by hand but in real life it's fine to use.a calculator.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All I can speak of is my experience. right now in college I'm majoring in finance and they make us do the math both ways. They teach us by hand and then with a financial calculator. But calculators in schools are more to just do the addition or subtraction after you've done the hard stuff by hand. And in real life, why would anyone do math the long form anyway if you have a calculator. If I'm trying to figure out my mortgage payments I'm not gonna do it by hand just cause when I can use a calculator lol. I think it's important to know HOW to do it by hand but in real life it's fine to use.a calculator.
Math is done by construction crews.....you want a contractor doing your house with a calculator?

I've personally seen the new tool fuck up.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Math is done by construction crews.....you want a contractor doing your house with a calculator?

I've personally seen the new tool fuck up.

I'm pretty sure if it was your job to figure it out then you'd do it by hand. And I'm pretty sure that calculators are more accurate than doing it by hand 99.9% of the time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm pretty sure if it was your job to figure it out then you'd do it by hand. And I'm pretty sure that calculators are more accurate than doing it by hand 99.9% of the time.

Probably true but I've seen some dudes with fat fingers hit the wrong button like 10 times in a row when they could have just figured it out on paper in the time it took to type it :TI:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sabre sounds like he couldn't live without his Smartphone.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Probably true but I've seen some dudes with fat fingers hit the wrong button like 10 times in a row when they could have just figured it out on paper in the time it took to type it :TI:

Aight but that isn't me lmao.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sabre sounds like he couldn't live without his Smartphone.

Tbh I'd be fuckin miserable without mine, I mean I could survive but I'd be bitchin' mostly bc of the wrestling I'd miss out on

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Y'all sound soft......I don't need a smart phone for most of my activities.

Get some camp work and man up.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I use Trigonometry and statistics daily in my career. Yes, I use a calculator for multiplying, finding the Sine/Cosine/Tangent of a ditch, etc. However, I still have to do the formulas by hand and memory. How many people fail math test that have a calculator on their desk? An ass load. You dont know how to work a problem? Ok, that calculator isnt going to magically do it for you. A calculator is just a paper weight unless it is being used by a responsible gun owne....erm, I mean calculator owner,

Reactions: Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's been scientifically proven that kids today have a shorter attention span and it's assumed (and believed by me) that it's due to the increase in technology, but overall I'd say the positives of it outweighs the negatives and I think blaming technology for these problems is what I disagree with when it's not as big of a factor IMO. Especially since like I've said before, I was always taught how to do it by hand and how to learn the long way first so you knew how it worked when you started putting it in the calculator. I just graduated last December, so I doubt much has changed since then.

The biggest problem that I've seen that has hindered learning in this generation is standardized testing. Teachers are barely allowed to teach anymore because they're forced to teach to a test all year long. This really hurts kids that fall behind because you're forced to move on even when they aren't ready and you aren't allowed to give them as much help as they need unless they're in some kind of tutoring which my high school didn't even offer so that wasn't an option. It also hurts the kids that are really smart and are able to finish it quicker, then they get bored and get into trouble bc they ain't got shit to do anymore. We had AP classes in high school that was supposed to help with that, but that shit was basically the same class with maybe one extra project and then you just got a boost in your GPA for taking what was essentially the same version of the class as the regular one :lmao So long story short, I'm not saying technology dependence ain't a problem, and it definitely is for some people, but I think plenty of kids have a good balance of it. Standardized testing has just gotten worse and worse at least in Texas with every new test they come up with, teachers are miserable and they give progressively less every year because they're fed up with the tests. It even starts with younger kids before the tests even starts bc teachers barely make enough and then they have to buy their own supplies for teaching kids these basics.

Another thing I've noticed is that colleges are so overbooked now bc every kid was told they needed to go to college and now we ain't got enough welders, electricians, etc. bc kids that would have been good at that are stuck learning some generic business degree that they probably won't even find a decent job out of. College is just an extension of high school and not seen as any kind of higher learning, just more school that you gotta do. And don't get me started on the student loan problem we got and how bad it'll be when that bubble bursts bc that's probably gonna happen in the next decade. But that's anther problem stemming from the same things that I believe are causing the problems we're talking about.

Also fuck y'all for getting me to type this long ass post smh I just wanna go back to making jokes about wrestling, but this has been a pretty good discussion

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's why I went straight to trades school after I graduated.....paid for my own house before I turned 25 and all the other kids I went to school with are still trying to pay off student loans.

Reactions: Swamps and Chris

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's been scientifically proven that kids today have a shorter attention span and it's assumed (and believed by me) that it's due to the increase in technology, but overall I'd say the positives of it outweighs the negatives and I think blaming technology for these problems is what I disagree with when it's not as big of a factor IMO. Especially since like I've said before, I was always taught how to do it by hand and how to learn the long way first so you knew how it worked when you started putting it in the calculator. I just graduated last December, so I doubt much has changed since then.

The biggest problem that I've seen that has hindered learning in this generation is standardized testing. Teachers are barely allowed to teach anymore because they're forced to teach to a test all year long. This really hurts kids that fall behind because you're forced to move on even when they aren't ready and you aren't allowed to give them as much help as they need unless they're in some kind of tutoring which my high school didn't even offer so that wasn't an option. It also hurts the kids that are really smart and are able to finish it quicker, then they get bored and get into trouble bc they ain't got shit to do anymore. We had AP classes in high school that was supposed to help with that, but that shit was basically the same class with maybe one extra project and then you just got a boost in your GPA for taking what was essentially the same version of the class as the regular one :lmao So long story short, I'm not saying technology dependence ain't a problem, and it definitely is for some people, but I think plenty of kids have a good balance of it. Standardized testing has just gotten worse and worse at least in Texas with every new test they come up with, teachers are miserable and they give progressively less every year because they're fed up with the tests. It even starts with younger kids before the tests even starts bc teachers barely make enough and then they have to buy their own supplies for teaching kids these basics.

Another thing I've noticed is that colleges are so overbooked now bc every kid was told they needed to go to college and now we ain't got enough welders, electricians, etc. bc kids that would have been good at that are stuck learning some generic business degree that they probably won't even find a decent job out of. College is just an extension of high school and not seen as any kind of higher learning, just more school that you gotta do. And don't get me started on the student loan problem we got and how bad it'll be when that bubble bursts bc that's probably gonna happen in the next decade. But that's anther problem stemming from the same things that I believe are causing the problems we're talking about.

Also fuck y'all for getting me to type this long ass post smh I just wanna go back to making jokes about wrestling, but this has been a pretty good discussion

I agree with most of this. Although my AP Biology class was much harder than my regular biology class lol. Definitely wasn't just an extension with an extra project. I definitely agree that teachnology shouldn't be totally to blame. It's our jobs to teach kids how to be responsible and teach school in a way that they can learn.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with most of this. Although my AP Biology class was much harder than my regular biology class lol. Definitely wasn't just an extension with an extra project. I definitely agree that teachnology shouldn't be totally to blame. It's our jobs to teach kids how to be responsible and teach school in a way that they can learn.

I can def only speak from my high school, but I know the AP and Pre-AP classes were a joke, but you got a GPA boost if you took them so I did and it never felt like anything, fuck half the time it wouldn't even be a single thing extra the teachers would just be like "Hey you guys need to behave this is an AP class" like what :lmao The only teacher I had in high school that made a lasting impression on my was my pre-cal and calculus teacher bc he was amazing and taught us all kinds of shit about life, plus I actually learned calculus well enough to make a 4/5 on that AP test. But like literally one teacher out of however many I had that I felt really improved my life is crazy. The others were fine, definitely not bad, but I wouldn't say they were great either. Fuck half my World History classes were just us watching movies I think :lmao College had the biggest discrepancy in professors for me, some were really good, a few were just fine but I still learned the stuff, but I had a couple that were just absolutely terrible. This one was so bad she got fired after like a semester and a half bc of everyone complaining and she "taught" me two of my most important classes including the one that was supposed to prepare me for the CPA exam as an accountant and I didn't learn shit, fuck her...she also gave me a D in Accounting Ethics (bitch I never even made a C in any other class) bc she didn't understand that something could be unethical even though it was legal and vice versa and that the law doesn't determine ethics bc it can change, this bitch defended Enron and that's the one example we learned in every other class about what NOT to do in accounting.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I can def only speak from my high school, but I know the AP and Pre-AP classes were a joke, but you got a GPA boost if you took them so I did and it never felt like anything, fuck half the time it wouldn't even be a single thing extra the teachers would just be like "Hey you guys need to behave this is an AP class" like what :lmao The only teacher I had in high school that made a lasting impression on my was my pre-cal and calculus teacher bc he was amazing and taught us all kinds of shit about life, plus I actually learned calculus well enough to make a 4/5 on that AP test. But like literally one teacher out of however many I had that I felt really improved my life is crazy. The others were fine, definitely not bad, but I wouldn't say they were great either. Fuck half my World History classes were just us watching movies I think :lmao College had the biggest discrepancy in professors for me, some were really good, a few were just fine but I still learned the stuff, but I had a couple that were just absolutely terrible. This one was so bad she got fired after like a semester and a half bc of everyone complaining and she "taught" me two of my most important classes including the one that was supposed to prepare me for the CPA exam as an accountant and I didn't learn shit, fuck her...she also gave me a D in Accounting Ethics (bitch I never even made a C in any other class) bc she didn't understand that something could be unethical even though it was legal and vice versa and that the law doesn't determine ethics bc it can change, this bitch defended Enron and that's the one example we learned in every other class about what NOT to do in accounting.

Damn I wish my AP was that easy lmao. Fuckin AP Bio ruined my life senior year. I couldn't learn that shit to save my life. I had a pretty good selection of teachers but I'd say none made a lasting impact on my life. The best ones just taught well and were really nice and funny but no one really took an interest in our life. In college tbh, I'd say all of my teachers have been good except for like maybe 2. And you wanna know what's funny, my worst teacher in college was my accounting teacher too lmao. She just couldn't explain the damn material and now I hate accounting because of her. Some kids who were planning on majoring in accounting changed their fucking major because of her lol. But in college I'd say I have a 95% success rate. All my finance teachers are truly smart human beings who've taught me well so I can't complain.

Reactions: Chris