The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
- Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

- An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of defeasible argument in which a claimed authority's support is used as evidence for an argument's conclusion.

- Bulverism is a logical fallacy. The method of Bulverism is to "assume that your opponent is wrong, and explain his error." The Bulverist assumes a speaker's argument is invalid or false and then explains why the speaker came to make that mistake, attacking the speaker or the speaker's motive.

Also possibly a case of

- Kettle logic (la logique du chaudron in the original French) is a rhetorical device wherein one uses multiple arguments to defend a point, but the arguments are inconsistent with each other.
Or tokens being used to defend shit because some people think one minority can speak for their entire race.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Or tokens being used to defend shit because some people think one minority can speak for their entire race.
That would fall under cherry-picking.

• Wow
Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Yep.....nothing racist about this, none of his supporters are taking it that way.

Reactions: Chris

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
LOL this same shit is used to tell me that the Washington football teams name isn't racist......naw fam, I think it is.....and alot of minorities think women of color being told to go back to where you came from think what Trump said was racist.

They get to feel their own way.

You're right, people get to feel their own way. That is their choice, not going to bash them for that. Trump telling someone to go back to their country and fix it first, then tell the US how to fix their problems isn't the same as saying, "If you don't like it go back to your own country".

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You're right, people get to feel their own way. That is their choice, not going to bash them for that. Trump telling someone to go back to their country and fix it first, then tell the US how to fix their problems isn't the same as saying, "If you don't like it go back to your own country".
but 3 out of the four were born in America....they are trying to fix their country.

And the group chanting "send her back" at his rally today?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

So, anyone who disagrees with someone is considered a Token? Come on man.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So, anyone who disagrees with someone is considered a Token? Come on man.
Anyone using those the same talking points and are acting !Ike they speak for everyone.....are and always will be.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
but 3 out of the four were born in America....they are trying to fix their country.

And the group chanting "send her back" at his rally today?

Wouldn't it be more dumb than racist though? That term is thrown around way to much that it loses its meaning.

I didn't watch his rally, haven't watched any of them to be honest. Never denied that he has some dumb supporters. All politicians do, dude.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wouldn't it be more dumb than racist though? That term is thrown around way to much that it loses its meaning.

I didn't watch his rally, haven't watched any of them to be honest. Never denied that he has some dumb supporters. All politicians do, dude.
He told Americans to go back to their country.....if he was doing it to be ironic....than kudos, but I doubt this guy could even spell irony.

He doesn't do monosyllabic verbiage too good.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Anyone using those the same talking points and are acting !Ike they speak for everyone.....are and always will be.

If you are talking about the videos I used, these guy's have never said they speak for their entire race. They just offer their opinions just like you and I do. I tend to agree more with my Libertarian brothers, who don't call everyone and everything racist. Also, one of them really doesn't like Trump, and very rarely defends him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If you are talking about the videos I used, these guy's have never said they speak for their entire race. They just offer their opinions just like you and I do. I tend to agree more with my Libertarian brothers, who don't call everyone and everything racist. Also, one of them really doesn't like Trump, and very rarely defends him.
I hardly ever call anything racist and hate the far leftists who do.....but in this case....it's clear as day to me.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Telling brown people that were born here to go back to a country that was never theirs seems pretty racist to me even by my redneck texas standards

Reactions: Deezy

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Telling brown people that were born here to go back to a country that was never theirs seems pretty racist to me even by my redneck texas standards

Like I said, telling someone to go back to their own country and fix their own first, isnt the same as just telling someone to go back to their own country. Especially when race wasnt even mentioned.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fix their own first.....assuming they are not from his country :hmm:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Like I said, telling someone to go back to their own country and fix their own first, isnt the same as just telling someone to go back to their own country. Especially when race wasnt even mentioned.
Unfortunately, Somalia (and much of Africa in general), suffers from infighting, poverty, and disease based on it's own geopolitical boundaries more than their own doing. We have tribes that want nothing to do with each other forced to identify as the same nation despite massive cultural differences, and unlike in the case of the French, the Basques, Occitans, and Bretons, they've had almost a millennium of unity (sans 100 Year War) to work out the kinks and differences to become a united people.

These countries in Africa have had, what, 200 years to settle the kinks? It's not going to work out in that (relatively) short amount of time. France and Germany took 1057 (1945) years to finally no longer be hostile towards one another after the splintering of the Carolingian Empire in 888. Slaves have been free from America for 154 years, and we still have massive cultural conflicts from it that may not go away for another two hundred years or so.

Long story short, it's not feasible to fix African countries from their woes (perhaps poverty and disease if we funded efforts to improve conditions in those countries, but money is a problem even today) as long as infighting continues, which may not settle down for another several hundred years just because of these damned cultural differences.