• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official WS Anime Club

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
Because we obviously need an anime thread, and I'm above and beyond the most qualified to do so.

;)

What are you guys currently watching?

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
The only anime I've ever watched is basic stuff like DBZ, FMA Brotherhood (personal favorite), Death Note, and Cowboy Bebop
I imagine most are probably going to have just watched popular generic shonens, tbh.

I'm not a big fan of DBZ or anything of that nature, though if you split the coin into magical girl and shoujo, I do enjoy that a lot.

Death Note and Bebop are both beautiful.

Kairi HoHo

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2015
New Castle, Delaware
Right now ongoing wise it's Boruto: Naruto Next Generations which is a long ass fucking name, Dororo, and Promised Neverland that week to week is breaking me pieces. We will see after I get in some Joshi, a PR Review Post, that I'm able to start something new this weekend.

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
I've never liked Death Note, truth be told.

I also utterly despise Neon Genesis Evangelion. I hate it with utter passion.
I always felt that in many ways, while an entirely different anime, Geass did everything that Death Note did but better. And with mecha.

Evangelion is okay, but very overrated. I always preferred Escaflowne to it, in all aspects.

Speaking of which, I am big on mecha. Cause I grew up playing mechwarrior. So mechs.

Also good: Gurren Lagann, Big O, Full Metal Panic!, and Lagrange.

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
I always felt that in many ways, while an entirely different anime, Geass did everything that Death Note did but better. And with mecha.

Evangelion is okay, but very overrated. I always preferred Escaflowne to it, in all aspects.

Speaking of which, I am big on mecha. Cause I grew up playing mechwarrior. So mechs.

Also good: Gurren Lagann, Big O, Full Metal Panic!, and Lagrange.
Keep buttering my biscuit, Vayne. You're fighting the good fight.

Reactions: Sakura

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
Now I'm going to wonder just how few people can see the similarities (despite vast differences) between Geass and Death Note.

Also, every single person should watch Serial Experiments Lain at least 3 times.

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
Death Note's ending was entirely forced, and the last handful of episodes felt like numerous characters acted entirely out of place and character to force such an ending.

Sakura

Mar 7, 2019
The Frozen North
It truly is.

Also, Danmachi's movie came out earlier this month...and S2 comes out soon. Anyone a fan of such?

Probably the best fanservice anime that is still amazing since Kill la Kill.