The Nightmare on Elm Street Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
l_87800_842199f8.jpg

Hey, we can't have Halloween and Friday the 13th getting their own threads without also spreading out a little love to the other popular horror franchise, that being A Nightmare on Elm Street of course. The iconic character of Freddy Krueger has made for a lot of interesting moments over the years, so now is the chance for you to talk about him and everything else you love about these movies.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Damn straight. Freddy rules.

I was watching Dream Warriors recently. I love the scene where he spawns in the tv with his head above it and reaches out of the side and pulls the chick into the tv.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Damn straight. Freddy rules.

I was watching Dream Warriors recently. I love the scene where he spawns in the tv with his head above it and reaches out of the side and pulls the chick into the tv.

"Welcome to Prime Time Bitch".

Great scene for sure, one of my favourites. I know its going to be difficult to find them, but is there anyone out there that actually likes Freddy's Dead? I don't think I've ever come across anyone who did considering how awful it is!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I own it but its not in my top 5 of the series.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm pretty sure nobody would consider it among their top 5, its brutally bad. Brandon and I were talking about it last night and my favourite is New Nightmare but since its not technically a "Nightmare" film I rank The Dream Master as my favourite, just ahead of Dream Warriors and the original. I have a soft spot in my heart for Freddy's Revenge because of how different it is as well, but wouldn't consider it my favourite.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I liked both the Dream ones, the original. I even liked the last one with Nancy and her son too.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I liked both the Dream ones, the original. I even liked the last one with Nancy and her son too.

Yeah, that's New Nightmare, the one that's my favourite, but as we figured, its not really a Nightmare film like the others are.

The Viper

Reaction score
Yeah, that's New Nightmare, the one that's my favourite, but as we figured, its not really a Nightmare film like the others are.

Fucking New Nightmare is my favorite as well. Yet, THAT one gets no love from anyone else in the NOES Community. The part when Freddy shows up on the talk show with Nancy and everyone in the crowd is wearing Freddy masks........OMG!! Best scene ever.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think it tends to get a lack of love because its not really a Nightmare film like the others are. It's also a very cerebral and intelligent horror film, so the concept may have been lost on a lot of fans. Not saying they aren't intelligent, just that they don't always know what to look for when expecting something else.

Or maybe they're just stoopid. XD

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I think it tends to get a lack of love because its not really a Nightmare film like the others are. It's also a very cerebral and intelligent horror film, so the concept may have been lost on a lot of fans. Not saying they aren't intelligent, just that they don't always know what to look for when expecting something else.

This is probably where Craven came up with the Scream formula too. As they were intelligent slashers too and didn't take themselves to serious like NOES.

The Viper

Reaction score

I'm gonna go with the simple solution and just say they're STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm gonna go with the simple solution and just say they're STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

I pictured your Avatar saying that and I laughed.

Best part about Freddy's Dead anyone?

Tom and Roseanne Arnold.

Seriously.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I actually pictured the chinese guy from UHF saying it. YOUR SO STOOOOOOOPID

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I didn't hate Freddy's Dead. It was one of those movies that sucked, but I still found it watchable. Tom and Roseanne were definitely the pluses of the movie. And it was awesome to see Johnny Depp make an appearance as well.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I didn't hate Freddy's Dead. It was one of those movies that sucked, but I still found it watchable. Tom and Roseanne were definitely the pluses of the movie. And it was awesome to see Johnny Depp make an appearance as well.

I guess I couldn't say I hated it because I've seen way worse, but as far as Nightmare films go it was pretty weak. Depp's little cameo was great as well. Lack of likeable characters killed it for me though. I mean when Tom and Roseanne are the most likeable in the movie you know there's a problem.