The Mandela Effect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So, let's talk about The Mandela Effect. Do you believe in it? Are are some crazy Mandela Effects you've had happen to you in your life?

For those who don't know what it is.

Go here, as it explains it better than I can truly put into words.

Watching a lot of the videos for it on YouTube, some of them blow me the fuck away when I see them. Some don't. So I'm 50/50 on it, Maybe more like 55/45 with the 55 being that I seen enough of them, and stuff where I can see where that something might be going on in the world.

So let's get this discussion rolling!​

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't really believe any of them especially shit like people think Sinbad was Kazaam or some nonsense. Humans just have faulty memories and remember iconic stuff a certain way when it reality it wasn't exactly what happened.

Reactions: Deezy

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't really believe any of them especially shit like people think Sinbad was Kazaam or some nonsense. Humans just have faulty memories and remember iconic stuff a certain way when it reality it wasn't exactly what happened.

Yeah that one I don't get.

I seen some where I was wrong. But we can chalk that up to me just being a stoner lol.

Tho last week, my dad had one happen to him. He remember wanting this toy camera as a kid, and how awesome it was etc....turns out he was like I think he said 20 when it came out? Which doesn't make sense as he wouldn't have been so excited for it at that age.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know how to relate to the one you just mentioned but I'm inclined to believe ya.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think all of it really can be chalked up to just people remembering shit, but not remembering it right.

Still pretty interesting. Even the ones I don't believe, I love watching the videos about them.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Ace

Reaction score
I mean, the Mandela effect is just that. People remembering things weirdly. It doesn't purport to be anything else.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean, the Mandela effect is just that. People remembering things weirdly. It doesn't purport to be anything else.

But do you think it's something more to it, or just people having memories of things that didn't happen?

Ace

Reaction score
What more to it? Supernatural?

Definitely not. It's just a psychological phenomenon as far as I'm concerned. Kind of like de ja vu.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I do love hearing other opinions on this.

I believe in a lot of supernatural type stuff. Like not so hardcore that I get mad when others don't, cause we all got what we believe and what we don't believe.

I got my own reason to believe in something like Time Travel(tho I don't think that really falls under supernatural but maybe it does?) but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe my reason could fall under this?

Cause I had a hockey puck before that got destroyed, was signed by a local hockey team back when I was in Elementary School. Anyway when it got destroyed I made a joke about how when I invent a time machine, I'm gonna go back in time and save it. Sometime later the damn thing was in my room, good as new, signed and everything. I know no one could replace it cause the team at that point was long gone.

So either it's time travel, the Mandela Effect, or maybe it wasn't the hockey puck that got destroyed. But a neat thing to happen to me in life that freaked me out a bit.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I think it's a real interesting concept, I have read a lot about it and it it interesting how large amounts of people can incorrectly remember the same thing. The Berenstein Bears one is particularly interesting as I personally did always think it was Bernstein Bears until I read an article saying it's Berenstein.

Ace

Reaction score
I don't believe in supernatural strictly because of the name itself. super-natural means something happens beyond (super) the natural world.

I think there are some things that we would consider "supernatural" that are actually true, but they're not magic or anything freaky - just another part of the natural world that we don't understand.

The greatest arrogance one can have as a human is to believe we know everything there is to know about science and the natural world. I think a lot of stuff that is attributed to supernatural is actually just our brains doing weird things, but I also believe that certain "supernatural" things are caused by scientific phenomena that we don't yet understand. Quantum Physics, for example, could uncover fascinating things.

• Love

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah they are probably so many damn things we don't even know yet, or can even start to understand. I honestly look forward to seeing what changes in my life time, and things that are discovered.

Hell some of the stuff we know now, people probably would've laughed at 20-30 years ago. A lot of this stuff just really interesting to me.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well time travel is real but I don't think it effects these type of things. Very few people even have access to time travel and I'm sure even a lower portion of them care about confusin' people like this. If they were gonna change the past, it would be changin' the outcome of war or a major disaster to that nature which we wouldn't even notice, we would have just retroactively learned it that way.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well time travel is real but I don't think it effects these type of things. Very few people even have access to time travel and I'm sure even a lower portion of them care about confusin' people like this. If they were gonna change the past, it would be changin' the outcome of war or a major disaster to that nature which we wouldn't even notice, we would have just retroactively learned it that way.

Explain my hockey puck then!

Unless I some how become powerful enough and rich enough in the future to get access to this.

Hell, maybe me joking about becoming President in the future actually happens. :towel :TI:

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I can't explain your hockey puck if I could, I would.

• Haha