The Hunger Games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

[video=youtube;p-5ANq4sAL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5ANq4sAL0[/video]

Release Date: 3/23/12
Never read the book but regardless I'm looking forward to this. The concept seems interesting, and the general setting for the movie seems cool. Something like 2 million tickets already pre sold for this, so think it's safe to say this is going to be a big hit.

Andy

Reaction score
I just got the books today. I can't wait to start reading them! So far, it's got a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so I can't wait to see it!

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I've read the first book, it's not that great. It has the same feeling of a Twilight book. I much prefer Battle Royale as it doesn't spend all it's time on the main character and gives 20 other kids a personality. It's not just a random violent book either. 40 kids instead of 12 and way more character development. That said however, this movie looks amazing. Battle Royale the movie doesn't hold a candle to the book but I think The Hunger Games movie will completely outshine the book. My friends have per ordered our tickets already for a midnight screening.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
^I thought the same thing but the second and third books really brought it home for me I got to the third and was like why'd she stop. Though I would have changed the third in some way also.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Heard people talking about this a lot but I haven't got much interest in it, something about it just doesn't look all that appealing to me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't know, but since no body has mentioned her yet, the reason I will be seeing this is because of Jennifer Lawerance who gave a deeply effecting performance in Winters Bone a couple of years ago and seems a really prospect. Quite like the idea of the plot too, sounds very modern and contempary and full of ideas. My hope is that it works as a film weather you have read the books or not, yes it should give the fanbase something, but it needs to appeal accross the board also.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm one of the many fans of the Hunger Games. Like die-hard fanbase style. I got all the books, and I cannot wait for the movie. I would stand outside in line for hours to be the first in. It's my favorite book of all time, and I'm really hoping that the movie is amazing as well. And from what I've seen, I won't be disappointed.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Watched this movie this afternoon. It's extremely close to the book I only noticed two or three disconnects and nothing anyone should be to upset about. The only criticism I would have is the director loves having the crap shaking out of the camera during the more intense scenes. Not a big fan of that but that's a personal preference. Even still I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I saw this...I don't plan on reading the books, just a spur of the moment type thing. Really enjoyed it. If this was rated R (I heard there's like a Japanese version of this rated R and it's awesome), the games itself could be fucking epic. With that said I still enjoyed the film.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't read any of the books either but I am tempted to see this. I was worried that if I went to see it I might miss out on some aspects because I don't know the backstory but after what you wrote Switch I might go check it out.

Reaction score
Watched it tonight and it was awesome. Jennifer Lawrence is going to be a star.

While I was watching it. Some reason I had WWE Film's "Condemned" on my mind

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I liked it, was pleased that they didn't dumb it down for a main stream audience. I do wonder if they will struggle to keep it going in the next two movies, but so far, so good.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I keep hearing Jennifer Lawrence was good in the movie but I just remember her being hot. I felt both stars that they had entwine into a romance were both uninteresting and didn't stand out at all other than Jennifer being hot. Woody Harrellson was great but he always is. Too bad their wasn't enough of him.

Overall, I liked the concept but the two stars never really felt like they were taking me to a different world. So for a really long movie, I can't condone watching those two wreck my experience just because the over budget film had some great visual scenes.

The_King

Reaction score
I knocked out all three books last week but haven't seen the movie yet (and honestly a bit scared to).

Not to glad to hear they played up the love story portion. In my opinion, the first book presents Katniss as a cold, self-centered girl who couldn't give a sh*t about Peeta, and Peeta is just a creepy stalker type. The only point when she starts caring about him is when it benefits her, and I was really hoping they'd present it that way but it seems like this might have gotten the Twilight treatment.

Still hopeful for a decent movie when I get a chance to see it. Hopefully, JLaw keeps it afloat.