The future of TNA's announce team revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the plan involving the Don West angle is to have West and Mike Tenay as the classic babyface and heel announcers.

TNA kicked off the new angle on last week's episode of iMPACT with West going off on Tenay and leaving the broadcast table. According to reports from the TV tapings, West did not appear with Tenay on commentary at the tapings for March 5 and March 12. It remains to be seen if they will start anything new with the angle at the Destination X PPV.

There has been a lot of talk over the future of the TNA announce team. One idea that's been thrown around is adding a third man to the mix, with names like Jim Cornette, Mick Foley, and even Kevin Nash being mentioned. Another idea being mentioned is having an interchangeable third man, like WCW used to do on Nitro by changing between Bobby Heenan and Larry Zybysko.

_24

--------------

This is a great idea, after what I saw on iMPACT! the announce team has improved drastically. One of my main complaints about West was he thought he was the play by play man too, he just talked way too much. The color guy should give his thoughts once in a while and let the play by play man describe the match. This week, Tenay got to do the talking and West chimed in with his random comments that now, support the heels of the company. Great idea imo, I'm happy they did it.

A 3rd man won't hurt either. I'd love to see Cornette or Nash in there, but we'll see what happens I guess

thoughts?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Don West's voice is actually quite painful. I remember once when I was watching Turning Point 05 on DVD, my mum walked past and asked, "What's wrong with that man's voice?" Pretty much sums him up.

I just wish West was gone and that Chet Lemon would come back.

Beer Money Army

chet lemon or black snow should be the 3rd man...

Jay Swagger

Reaction score
Cornette as the third guy would be great I believe. Or they could sign Elijah Burke and have him be that third guy that sometimes does the announcing, he was quite good when he was doing a little announcing on ECW, plus he's gold on the mic. And he can wrestle on TNA too. but thats just a thought.

DW though....he improved big time. And this week was actually worth watching.

Side note: I'm glad Booker T is acting like himself and not the King, can't wait for him and AJ.

Travis40

CHET LEMON PLZ!!!!!

If Nash started announcing, I would watch TNA just for that tbh.

The Rated R CMStar

Or they could sign Elijah Burke and have him be that third guy that sometimes does the announcing, he was quite good when he was doing a little announcing on ECW

I missed that.

Meh, just keep West and Tenay. If anything, add Cornette. His on screen persona is no longer needed, so he could go to the announcing booth.

LKP

I wouldn't sign Elijah burke just for commentating, he is to good of a wrestler for that dude. Id say Jim cornette or mick Foley for 3 rd man at the table.

PeepShow

Cornette just seems so stale to me. He wouldn't be bad if he got put in there to announce, but I'd rather have Nash. Whenever he's in there, he's great. I.E. Bound For Glory 2006.

LKP

Why would Nash go from MEM to announcing? Only if they all split up would that work. He should announce his retirement soon then do it.

Kizza

Last episode, they played the whole thing great. I love West rooting for the heels, they pulled it off pretty well for TNA standards.