The Face of ROH/What for 2010?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Danielson and Nigel have been gone for what feels like a while now. Aries is alright as champ, but hasn't really been doing anything that gets you pumped. Tyler Black has worn off of fans. Chris Hero has stepped his game up, but he misses a couple of big shows from time to time. ROH is in transition after a mediocre year, IMO.

Who will step up to be the face of ROH and carry the company?
What do you want to see in ROH next year?

yeah. trying to keep the ROH forum alive.

Hometown Kid

yeah. trying to keep the ROH forum alive.

Cool. :y:

As far as who the company's ace for next year will be, I think the ROH Title hunt is one area where the company really floundered in 09. From the tail-end to Nigel to Lynn to Aries, it's just been lame duck after lame duck. I don't know if there's really anyone left unless they actually have the balls to make one of NOAH's guys champ again. Which i'd do everything in my power to sign KENTA, Fuji or Go (who's improved big in since leaving ROH) full time. As far as the actual likeliness, i'd LOVE to see Roderick get his well deserved chance, Jimmy Jacobs coming back with a little rebuilding could be a good choice.

Hero's fine if he could get a little more focused. But he'd probably have to win in some kind of multi-man match barring a face turn.

Sign Chuck Taylor and make him ROH champion in 2010.

Qwake

The way things are looking they want Black to be the main face of ROH while Aries is the big heel Champ, pretty much Black the new Danielson and Aries what Nigel was when he was champ, thats the way it looks to me with the way theyve been booked.

I think Roderick will step up and maybe then he will get his well deserved title run, his matches are always awesome imo, maybe if he was given a different character or if they improved his character and helped hismic work a little he would be more deserving of a title run but his inring work should be enough to get that.

Another guy I think will step up and already has started is Kenny Omega, he's become pretty popular and has put on some good matches, he could be a major guy in ROH next year. Chris Hero already has kind of stepped up, now ROH need to book him well and he should be the face of ROH, I could see him being Champ sometime next year too which would own.

I'd also like some new challengers for next year, lately its been the same old guys going for the belt (BLACK), I think some new signings could freshen things up, definitely go bring Spanky back to ROH along with London but not as a team, bring Petey Williams in more but also bring in the likes of Ken Doane, Chuck Taylor, Quack, more PWG/Chikara guys, would be good. Also keep bringing in the good tag teams as they have been.

Montana

Hmm, the face of the company??

This is a tough one, but i think it could be the champ Austin Aries. I know he's not having a great title run so far, but it looks like he's going to hold onto the belt for a bit. His match with Richards was insane, and i'm sure his last match with Danielson was very good as well. So I could see Aries stepping his game up.

As far as who's next I'd say it's between Hero, Strong, and Richards. It's tough to pick one to be honest. I think they are all ready. I think it depends if they want to go more wrestling heavy with Richards as champ, or a more entertaining champ like Chris Hero. Strong deserved the belt, but right now I'm not sure if Strong as champ is what ROH needs. Although i'm rooting for Roddy.

Who do i want to see in ROH. Like others have said guys like Kendrick, London, the Noah guys. But other than them Human Tornado. He's TV ready. I think they have a pretty solid roster, maybe shake it up a little with some tag team break ups and Heel/face turns.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What I want to see in ROH...
-Factions - Dropped the ball on the Embassy. Could've been a great return for them, IDK what the f is up with them now. ROH has always had good factions that can draw...
2002-2003 - The Prophecy (Special K was awesome too. Just because.)
2004-2005 - Generation Next
2006 - The Whole CZW Thing
2007 - Trios/Beginning of AOTF
2008 - AOTF
2009 - ?

-High Flying - I don't want to see head drops and stiff kicks for the whole show

-Pushes. Nobody really moved up the card this year at all, except maybe Omega.

Montana

I think FInal Battle answers my wishes, and changed a few questions at the same time. As far as who the face of the company will be, it looks like Aries will hang onto the belt for a little while longer. Chris Hero is now gunning for the tag titles, and Richards/Edwards appear like a break up may be in the works. Which leaves Roderick Strong as the guy who is probably most likely at this point to defeat Aries.

So for 2010 i wanted Tornado, London, Kendrick and some Noah guys. Well so far Kendrick and Tornado are in. So i'm very pleased with that. I also said ROH needed to shake things up, and with FB they did that. Steen turning on Generico. Steve Corino getting in Steen's ear. That should be a interesting angle. Kings of Wrestling are back. Tyler Black can't get the job done. Eddie Kingston wants the ROH title. Lot's of angles are now created by shaking things up. So im very happy so far.

I'd like see Richards vs Aries II in Detroit. A RVD appearance WM weekend would be sweet. Bring in some new tag teams, and push the ones they got now. 2010 looks like it could be a make or break year for the company with its top stars out, and they are pushing some new talent.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm hoping that in 2010, there will be more alumni to join the roster, with TNA trying to expand. They'll have to make cuts eventually, hopefully it's guys like Lethal, the Machine Guns (the best team in North America has done nothing in 2 years) and some others.

I'm hoping all the stuff from EVOLVE and DGUSA will finally give a wakeup call to Pearce. ROH was successful because the storylines were new, even better than the wrestling. I don't want to see a re-do of an 80's storyline with Aries. Final Battle looked really good, lots of progression. Steen could step up, I think he's capable. Corino has always been interesting, so I'm looking forward to that. And the KOW back is great, maybe we could have a Sweeney/Nana manager teamup.

Qwake

Yeah I could see TNA dropping a few guys who go right to ROH, suprised Petey Williams was never used too much when he was released. The Guns back in ROH would be amazing and would really help the tag division if indeed the Briscoes were to leave and also since the Bucks left.

Hopefully Final Battle was a sign of what we have to look forward to in ROH for next year because pretty much everything besides the main event from the show have had positive comments. Sweeney/Nana manager team up would be awesome but it would be just as awesome to have them feud imo.