The Corre

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Corre is the name of the group formed by Wade Barrett on Smackdown. It consists of Barrett as leader, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel.

I like that Nexus has essentially split into two smaller groups because once you get half a dozen or more wrestlers in a stable it doesn't quite work if most of them aren't established. This way everyone will be featured regularly on the program and won't just be used as someone to interfere in matches.

Keeping Gabriel and Slater together is a very good idea since they were a tag team on RAW and can be used in a similar way on Smackdown. Adding Ezekiel to the group gives it a lot more strength since he is a reasonably big name and isn't just a new guy. It means that there are two main guys rather than a clear gap between the leader and the next guy. It also gives Ezekiel something meaningful to do right away on Smackdown rather than just being lost in the shuffle in the Smackdown midcard.

What do you think about the members in the group? What do you think about the name The Corre?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Is it The Core? or The Corre idk. But I do like the group. It looked like all men have the chemistry and even Gabriel and Slater are getting heap loads of heat which is great for smaller guys like them. I think that the name works well as they can claim to be the core of the show, the key ingredient. Think Tarver was the one who attacked Teddy too

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that it is Corre with two r's rather than one. Maybe WWE think it makes it more impressive having two r's or maybe they couldn't get the trademark for Core with one r. The name is okay, I prefer Nexus and I would prefer it with just one r since this just makes it seem odd.

I didn't even think about Tarver. Has he healed up from his previous injury that forced him off television? I can't remember when he was supposed to return. Also I don't know if Corre even needs more members the four they have works well at the moment as it has a nice balance.

I do look forward to the Rumble match where we will certainly see Corre and Nexus square off.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Tarver was on Television when Teddy got found attacked. I also look forward to them both squaring off and I am intersted to see who comes off on top.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't seen Smackdown this week so didn't realise he was shown on television. Surely he would be part of this group if he is back on television. I can't really see what else he can do on Smackdown for now and with the current storyline they will add Tarver to Corre to make it 5 vs. 5 when they go against Nexus.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think thats the way this whole thing is going to be played out, Nexus vs Corre at WM. Would be better if CM Punk stays away from Cena or Orton as much as possible since, no one beats them ever without some bullshit going down.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I completely agree. If Punk faces Orton or Cena then he will most likely be jobbed out rather than getting a clean win over them. With Nexus vs Corre it makes things more even and I want to see Punk vs Barrett in a singles match on PPV.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
With Tarver as the 5th guy Nexus vs Corre at Mania makes sense. I like the group as all 4 current guys are fairly talented but wouldn't do anything alone. I liked Slater and Gabriel as a team but tag teams never last.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'm not so sure of Corre vs. Nexus at 'Mania for a couple of reasons;

1) Both of heel factions.

2) Each of their respective leaders are probably ready for bigger things at 'Mania (possible Undertaker match for Barrett, and possibly Cena for Punk).

It could happen though. Maybe the groups could face off without their leaders.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I hope to god they do not face at Wrestlemania. We've had PPV's like SS and Bragging Rights where they could of done it and for a 4 vs 4 and Barrett vs Punk and Mania it would suck badly. I see Nexus going seperate ways soon and as The Corre has said they are all the leader in a way. So with that said maybe we will see The Corre trying to win every Smackdown title at mania which would be very exciting and add to the buyrate because you've got the enigma of will they do it or will they not. Say Barrett could face Undertaker for the WHC, lose or go to a No contest to still make him look strong without breaking the streak before winning it at the next PPV, then Tarver wins the IC and Gabslater win the Unified TT.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well Corre was only created the other week so it was too late to have a match at SS or Bragging Rights. Those PPV's are now nine months away so they aren't going to wait that long before they put them in a multi-man match. 5 vs 5 at WM is a perfect midcard match for the show. It has enough stars in it and by then the storyline should be strong enough that it is worthy of being on the card. I think that we will need to see what they do at EC on what direction they head in for the two groups and their feud. First though RR should be awesome if they book them together for some time. It should be a storyline throughout the Rumble where the leaders are in early and they keep waiting for back-up to arrive to get the numbers advantage over the other group.