The CM Punk era continues!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The CM Punk era continues!!!!!!!! hes beat Jericho again last night how many times is that now. Seriously CM Punk is the main man now forget John Cena. CM Punk dominates the main event scene azs WWE champion

Reaction score
Yes. unfortunately.
nomegusta.png

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Cena Main evented WM and ER, he's still the man. Brock will be until he gets back as the main focus of the show. Punk just doesn't draw sadly.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
The CM Punk era continues!!!!!!!! hes beat Jericho again last night how many times is that now. Seriously CM Punk is the main man now forget John Cena. CM Punk dominates the main event scene azs WWE champion

100% WITH YOU! CM PUNK IS THE MAIN MAN OF WWE TODAY! BUT MORE INPORTLY HE IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg

CM Drunk said:
Cena Main evented WM and ER, he's still the man. Brock will be until he gets back as the main focus of the show. Punk just doesn't draw sadly.

CM PUNK DRAW ALL THE FUCKIN TIME!

Reactions: Asskicker

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
100% WITH YOU! CM PUNK IS THE MAIN MAN OF WWE TODAY! BUT MORE INPORTLY HE IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD!

The rating disagree Randy, they had him as a major focus at the turn of the year and the numbers were terrible, even by the low standards.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:

Punk draws but not on the level that he sells out events. Until he does that Cena and Brock will continue too be "the guys".

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
CM Drunk said:
The rating disagree Randy, they had him as a major focus at the turn of the year and the numbers were terrible, even by the low standards.

HELL NO! That drop last year b/c of Monday Night USA NFL Football THAT WHY THE RAING DROP! My USA people are gonig to watch USA most watch/best sport then watch wrestling!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: The CM Punk era continues!!!!!!!!

Randy Savage said:
HELL NO! That drop last year b/c of Monday Night USA NFL Football THAT WHY THE RAING DROP! My USA people are gonig to watch USA most watch/best sport then watch wrestling!

Summerslam had a horrible buy rate as were most Raws when Punk was the focus on post MITB. His current form isn't a draw its why he's in the mid card with the belt. He sells merch but his segments bombed when he wrestled on TV during this time. He could have been a draw but isn't also Brocklesnarfan across the board Punk isn't selling Cena numbers.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
How bad are/were CM Punk's numbers compared to anyone else in the ratings? I'm not saying he's a huge draw or anything, but I do notice he is hugely over with the crowds.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: The CM Punk era continues!!!!!!!!

KevinLockard23 said:
How bad are/were CM Punk's numbers compared to anyone else in the ratings? I'm not saying he's a huge draw or anything, but I do notice he is hugely over with the crowds.

From what I remember they were down on the averages when ever he wrestled.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The CM Punk reign fucking blows

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't know how much I buy the ratings argument.

Wrestling, like so much in life, is cyclical. Sometimes, fans watch; other times, fans don't. The "watch every week, in and out" crowd (i.e. us) are a rarity. Punk became champion at a funny time, when the ratings were dropping, and then they screwed up his storyline with HHH (huge mistakes by Creative). The real story is that Creative has put together some decent shows recently and there have been a number of positive storylines since January, which means that, right now, Punk is Champ and ratings are decent (although probably down since Mania, as they usually are; I don't really keep track, because ratings aren't important to my enjoyment of the show like they used to be).

All of this means a few things: 1) you can't blame one guy for ratings, buys, etc.; 2) Punk is hugely over with the live crowds, which makes it look like he is over to casual fans watching the show, which means the casuals will buy into (in fact, they are already buying into) the CM Punk character; 3) Punk has been involved in one of three storylines (along with Cena-Rock-Brock and Daniel Bryan saying "YES!" a lot) that have been part of the draw of the show over the last few weeks.

You guys might not feel like Punk's a draw. I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't agree with you. And Punk-Bryan will be a hell of a match, but it will probably go on next-to-last-ish, rather than being the main event, which will be (sadly) the in-ring return of Johnny Ace (I just hope he brings his skateboard).

wk