The Blaze Effect Podcast

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No idea if this would be the best section for this thread or not, since it's not just a one topic type of Podcast. I'm going to talk about a lot of different things on it. Just try to entertain the people, entertain myself, and keep myself busy. Once I get it going I'll likely have pictures on the screen to go along with what I'm talking about, or maybe if I can get a logo or graphic made for it(surely better than the shitty one I made myself lol) I'll have it there. For now I made this intro type of deal for it, just to try and get the channel up and going already.

The sound comes off good to me, but hopefully it does to everyone else as well. The first few might be a bit bad :lol while I try to get myself comfortable doing it. I sometimes can be a bit nervous.

I'll use this thread to post the episodes, so I can easily keep up with them. But hopefully you all who got a channel will sub. :cudi so you know before they are even posted.​

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
subbed :)

What are you using to create with? I've been playing with Audacity (to edit spoken stuff for college) and VSDC for video. Don't think I've scratched the surface with either of them yet - just curious what another newcomer to this stuff is using...

Also, if you draw a logo (pencil/pen & paper style i can make it digital for you :) )

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Honestly just some stuff already on my laptop. The sound recorder didn’t have a name, and the video editor I’ll have to look when I’m home.

Oh man if I could draw worth a fuck I totally would do that. I’ll have to see if someone I know who can draw good can draw me something up and send me a picture of the picture haha.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The voice recorder in windows 10 is good - (just a image of a mic for an icon?) - I found that once I started talking there was a lot of dead air and "err" while I was thinking so I got Audacity to cut them out. Might have been different if I was talking about stuff I was interested in but worth knowing that there's a free audio editor out there :)

• Love
Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The voice recorder in windows 10 is good - (just a image of a mic for an icon?) - I found that once I started talking there was a lot of dead air and "err" while I was thinking so I got Audacity to cut them out. Might have been different if I was talking about stuff I was interested in but worth knowing that there's a free audio editor out there :)

I might have to look into that one.

I already recorded some stuff for the first episode, so I'll surely look into that one for episode two. But yeah that's the one, I just typed in sound recorder and it popped right up for me. But thanks for the info. :WOW

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think I messed up and put 12 am and not pm so since it dropped early here we go. This first one ain’t so good tbh. I gotta shake the nerves and everything. Really getting the hang of it.

Reactions: Chris

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Honestly just some stuff already on my laptop. The sound recorder didn’t have a name, and the video editor I’ll have to look when I’m home.

Oh man if I could draw worth a fuck I totally would do that. I’ll have to see if someone I know who can draw good can draw me something up and send me a picture of the picture haha.

You don't need to draw. Someone could create you something neat within photoshop which would look better actually. As for your podcast, I have thrown up a sub. And, wouldn't mind being a guest sometime. Keep at it. The nerves will ease the more you do it I'd imagine.

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The problem with creating things for people is that it takes time. So unless you know roughly what a person wants, then you're spending a lot of time to create something that the person may not want. Which means the creator feels a sense of dissapointment, which disengages them from the agreement and the person that engages them doesn't get a usable end result.

Which is why I suggested drawing any ideas you have down - to give a starting point.

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Honestly something with flames, in a fire like color, would work wonders. Like in my head I’m picturing the words The Blaze Effect being on fire, maybe a smokey like feature also.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
The problem with creating things for people is that it takes time. So unless you know roughly what a person wants, then you're spending a lot of time to create something that the person may not want. Which means the creator feels a sense of disapointement, which disengages them from the agreement and the person that engages them doesn't get a usable end result.

Which is why I suggested drawing any ideas you have down - to give a starting point.

That's why the person who makes the graphics and the person who wants the graphic get together and work something out. It's not like they are paying for this for someone to design something. So, it'd be different if money was involved. Like he said "The Blaze Effect" in fire. I personally think that would look dope. A graphic artist can do that and do it even better. Have it designed as if it's being seared into a person's chest for the graphic? I just pulled that outta my ass in terms of designs. The effect has a double meaning.

Either way. He has options here.

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
This is fucking awesome, Blaze. I wouldn't worry about getting huge draws or anything (if you're really concerned about it), you've at least got us here to support. I thought of doing a podcast a while ago myself, I just wasn't sure how to go about it. I was also debating if people would care to listen to just one person speaking, or, If, say, a panel of 3 would be more interesting just to get different views. When I first thought of it like 10ish years ago, I was thinking of a wrestling podcast. I scrapped the idea just because I wasn't sure if I should stick to one topic, or, do a variety (like you're doing here) because people get bored of the same general topic, I wanted it to be fresh.

I don't mind a single person podcast, I just felt (for me personally) a panel might be more fun to do and more engaging because there would be bound to be at least one person who had a totally different view and it would be audience pleasing to listen to people with opposing views, instead of just everyone agreeing on the same thing.

If you did guests in the future, how does that work? When you log in to your podcast, how would others be invited to participate? I think it would be fun to have at least a few episodes where forum members were involved.

Great stuff, though, seriously.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Man your voice isn’t what I was expecting at all. And like I’ve know you’re from the south never pictured you with a drawl. Great stuff though man. Having a radio background I’ve always wanted to do a podcast to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is fucking awesome, Blaze. I wouldn't worry about getting huge draws or anything (if you're really concerned about it), you've at least got us here to support. I thought of doing a podcast a while ago myself, I just wasn't sure how to go about it. I was also debating if people would care to listen to just one person speaking, or, If, say, a panel of 3 would be more interesting just to get different views. When I first thought of it like 10ish years ago, I was thinking of a wrestling podcast. I scrapped the idea just because I wasn't sure if I should stick to one topic, or, do a variety (like you're doing here) because people get bored of the same general topic, I wanted it to be fresh.

I don't mind a single person podcast, I just felt (for me personally) a panel might be more fun to do and more engaging because there would be bound to be at least one person who had a totally different view and it would be audience pleasing to listen to people with opposing views, instead of just everyone agreeing on the same thing.

If you did guests in the future, how does that work? When you log in to your podcast, how would others be invited to participate? I think it would be fun to have at least a few episodes where forum members were involved.

Great stuff, though, seriously.

I think you could do interviews just through like Skype calls or whatever other apps and he can just record it and edit it into the podcast. I really don't know shit about this though :lmao

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I think you could do interviews just through like Skype calls or whatever other apps and he can just record it and edit it into the podcast. I really don't know shit about this though :lmao

haha, same here, I know fuck all about how to set up podcast stuff. I just never looked in to how to put together a podcast and I always assumed I never had the right equipment to do so. I thought I would have to go out and buy all this expensive shit. Didn't even realize I could possibly just turn on my laptop and use what was already there, even if it might be cheaper quality than going out and buying stuff.

Reactions: Chris