The Best Stephen King Movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Best Stephen King Movie

• The Shining

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT

• The Shawshank Redemption

• The Green Mile

• Other, please specify

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Killswitch

Reaction score
Well, which one is it? For me, the closest movie to the book, was The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption, even though quite a few details were missing from those movies too...

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Why are half the ones you list not Horror? Other doesn't make up for that. He's know as Horror genius, I'm finding this rather insulting.

Children of the Corn is my all-time favorite movie series so I wish I could have selected it personally.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Shining is one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it deviated from King's original story. IT is a fantastic example of how horror can work on television and is extremely well made and acted. The other films you gave to choose are good dramas, although they are both horribly overrated. Anyhow, I chose Other because I think Maximum Overdrive is the best Stephen King movie. After all, its the only one that can technically be considered a Stephen King movie since its the only one he actually made. Plus its awesome.

Onyx

Reaction score
The Green Mile is one of my personal favourites. Also around the ending, I was sobbing a lot because the big black bloke (forgot his name) was going to get the Electric Chair T_T

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I am not really much of a Green Mile fan, the Shawshrenk is solid but I find it to be overated. The best one for me is Carrie which is also my favourite Brian De Palma film, the use of colour and atmosphere along with Sissy Spaceks brilliant performance makes it a very rewarding horror. A very overlooked film is Dolores Claiborne which would be second on my list, and Misery is very enjoyable.

Truth is there just have not been that many good films based on King's novels.

Reactions: 1 person