The Best Pay Per View Matches Of 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The wwe has released The Best Pay Per View Matches Of 2011. This showcases the best action of 2011 featuring the biggest stars. The content listing is

The DVD versions will feature:

Kicking Things Off

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler
Royal Rumble – 30th January, 2011

Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big Show
Elimination Chamber – 20th February, 2011

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
WrestleMania XXVII – 3rd April, 2011

No Holds Barred Match
Undertaker vs. Triple H

One Door Closes, Another Open Up

Ladder Match for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
Extreme Rules – 1st May, 2011

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Capitol Punishment – 19th June, 2011

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. Jack Swagger vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz vs. Alex Riley vs. Rey Mysterio
Money in the Bank – 17th July, 2011

A Message From CM Punk

WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. CM Punk
Money in the Bank – 17th July, 2011

One More Time

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Randy Orton
SummerSlam – 14th August, 2011

Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry
Night of Champions – 18th September, 2011

No Disqualification Match
Triple H vs. CM Punk
Night of Champions – 18th September, 2011

Divas Championship Match
Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix
Hell in a Cell – 2nd October, 2011

Triple Threat Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
Hell in a Cell – 2nd October, 2011

Mark Henry vs. Big Show
Vengeance – 23rd October, 2011

Banner Year

Blu-ray Exclusives for the set:

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
Over the Limit – 22nd May, 2011

Randy Orton vs. Christian
Capitol Punishment – 19th June, 2011

Rey Mysterio, John Morrison & Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, R-Truth & Alberto Del Rio
SummerSlam – 14th August, 2011

Christian Discusses His Match with Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules

Cody Rhodes Discusses His Match with Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania

Dolph Ziggler Discusses His Match with Edge at Royal Rumble

Well there it is, The Best Of 2011. Of course this is in wwe's opinion. Obviously they left out Survivor Series and TLC. What do you guys think about the matches. Good, ok, bad... What would you keep/change. What is the best/worst match on the set etc. (you don't have to answer all the questions I'm just giving examples)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
How the hell is Christian/Orton from OTL, and both Rhodes/Mysterio and Punk/Orton from Extreme Rules not on the DVD? Those were three of my top 5 WWE matches from last year.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If they were looking to only put one Randy Orton vs. Christian match on the DVD, I still think they made the right decision. That match was absolutely off the chain. Basically, besides Bryan vs. Barrett, it was a the cream of the crop for that show. Which makes me think that Smackdown was super stacked around Summer. We also had Sheamus vs. Henry on that card and even that was a real showstealer.

I also wish there didn't really HAVE to be a Diva's title match, because it's really just obligitary. As far as I'm concerned it's a complete filler match that I will enjoy.... skipping over. No but really, I'd like to have seen the Smackdown Money in the Bank match there to compliment the Raw one. Actually, I kind of thought it was better than Raw's, but that's a different story. The only other match that was snubbed that instantly comes to mind would be Cena and Miz's 'I Quit Match' at Over The Limit. I don't hear it mentioned a ton, but I quite liked it, and WWE can't tell me it was worse than their Diva's match.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
That match blew dick cause Miz on offense for 20 minutes felt like 3 hours.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Why would you think that? I thought that sicne he'd done it before, Miz could beat Cena again and the way he dominated made it seem like he really would. Therefore it was one of the less predictable John Cena matches.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The one thing that's bugged me about that match since it happened is the multitude of people saying Miz was buried. He got more than 20 minutes of brutal offense in on Cena before losing his lackey and being shoved into the STF. He tapped out like the chicken shit heel he's portrayed to be, so what's the problem in that? I don't believe that match did anything to hurt Miz at all, but for some reason I feel I'm in the minority.

That being said, I don't think the match warrants inclusion on the DVD because it wasn't as good as some of the others on there. Oh and EC, I loved Orton/Christian at Summerslam, but there's no way it was as good as the OTL match in my mind. That's partially because I'm not a huge fan of gimmick matches though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I understand the wwe trying to put importance on the divas by showcasing their match but they cant honestly say that it was better than pretty much... every match contested by a male on pay per view. I would have rather seen Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes from Vengeance than the divas match. And wwe has to put match quality over importance. The match from Hell in a Cell from mark Henry from Randy Orton was far better than the one from NOC. wwe put the one from NOC because it was Mark's first title win. Randy Orton vs Christian from over the limit was better than the one from summerslam. It just was. That match was poetry in motion from start to finish. I havent seen a more beautiful match in a long time. The one from summerslam was good don't get me wrong but it just doesn't compare to the one from over the limit. They should have taken out Orton vs Christian from Summerslam and replaced it with the one from OTL then put Cena vs Punk from Summerslam. It was just as good as the one from MITB. I'd have liked to see both Cena/Punk matches on there. I don't know why they put Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio from wrestlemania. It wasn't that good. It was a solid match but it was forgettable. Mysterio/Rhodes from Extreme Rules was better. Henry vs Show from vengeance was a good match for a big man match but still not that good. I enjoyed Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton and Awesome Truth vs CM Punk and Triple H. And then there's the raw MITB match. The smackdown match was better, it's just a fact. And then there's the fact that they left out Survivor Series and TLC. The Rock's first match in seven years and you leave that off... Wow. And CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio was a great match. Also Punk vs Del Rio vs Miz from TLC. My review for the matches are

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler... 3.5/5
Smackdown Elimination Chamber... 4/5
Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio... 2.5/5
Triple H vs Undertaker... 5/5
Christian vs Alberto Del Rio... 4/5
Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk... 3.8/5
Raw MITB match... 3/5
CM Punk vs John Cena... 5/5
Christian vs Randy Orton... 4.2/5
Randy Orton vs Mark Henry... 3/5
Triple H vs CM Punk... 4/5
Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix... 3/5 (for a divas match)
Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena vs CM Punk... 4.5/5
Mark Henry vs The Big Show... 3/5

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Why would you think that? I thought that sicne he'd done it before, Miz could beat Cena again and the way he dominated made it seem like he really would. Therefore it was one of the less predictable John Cena matches.

It was a boring handicap match for like 25 minutes that drug on and on until the very end to me at least. I'm not a hater of either guy but I almost fell asleep during that shit.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Everyone make a list of what you think were the best PPV matches of 2011. Start from the Royal Rumble and go up to TLC. please try to put the matches in order from RR to TLC. it's unrealistic to list every match that you liked so let's limit it to 20 matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This is mine.

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship - Royal Rumble 2011
Edge vs Rey Mysterio vs Kane vs Drew McIntyre vs Wade Barrett vs The Big Show in an elimination chamber match for the world heavyweight championship - Elimination Chamber 2011
The Undertaker vs Triple H in a no holds barred match - WrestleMania XXVII
Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes in a falls count anywhere match - Extreme Rules 2011
Alberto Del Rio vs Christian for the world heavyweight championship in a ladder match - Extreme Rules 2011
Randy Orton vs Christian for the world heavyweight championship - Over The Limit 2011
Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk - Capitol Punishment 2011
Sin Cara vs Sheamus vs Heath Slater vs Justin Gabriel vs Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes vs Wade Barrett vs Kane in a Money In The Bank Ladder Match - Money In The Bank 2011
John Cena vs CM Punk for the wwe championship - Money In The Bank 2011
John Cena vs CM Punk for the wwe championship - Summerslam 2011
Triple H vs CM Punk in a no holds barred match - Night of Champions 2011
Mark Henry vs Randy Orton for the world heavyweight championship in a hell in a cell match - Hell In A Cell 2011
John Cena vs CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio for the wwe championship in a hell in a cell match - Hell In A Cell 2011
Mark Henry vs The Big Show for the world heavyweight championship - Vengeance 2011
CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio for the wwe championship - Survivor Series 2011
The Rock and John Cena vs The Miz and R Truth - Survivor Series 2011
CM Punk vs The Miz vs Alberto Del Rio in a TLC match for the wwe championship - TLC 2011