The 2020 Game Record Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Please enter a brief recap of your game once completed, along with any award winners and any other memorable plays you would like to document :)

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Game Show Mafia

Winners: Game Show Aligned (Town) and ??? Aligned (Other Indy)

MVP: Poyser
HM: Tweet
HM: Odo

Town win was never really in doubt. Scum team was determined to be completely screwed by Smark a couple of hours in, and honestly they were right. I really should have rerolled so it wouldn't be made up of two players who were lower tier in WF and two players who had no idea how the QT worked, and no Brits among them. Lethal was a devastating loss for them, which is the first and last time that that phrase will be said. Once Smark was lynched in turn D2, that caused N2 to almost end in no scum kill until I was able to herd OMB into bolding an action in the QT.

Other highlights include Barry needlessly outing himself as SK and eating a duel shot, Rising using his JK to the detriment of town 2/2 times (stopping Chr1st0 from getting info and blocking Raik's kill on Brad), and Odo - having previously been in everyone's town core - acting completely obnoxious so he could be lynched and complete his win condition. Game was effectively over when Gambit determined OMB's fake claimed role didn't exist in the game while Raik offed the other PoE fodder KIF.

Lessons I'm going to learn from this game:
- No more character claiming, it effectively derailed the game when the scum team didn't have the theme knowledge
- If the quality of the teams seems unbalanced, reroll

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
WS Mafia: The First Feud

Winners: Mafia (OMB and Wang Chung)

No Awards

OMB and Wang winning had everything to do with Sky and Chimp serving as a major distraction in the early going and Sabretooth, the town doctor, not being very active up until the very end. All OMB and Wang had to do was coast to the end and that's pretty much what they did. Chimp didn't exactly help things though.

Not many highlights since the game was a slog from beginning to end.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Tweet and Poyser

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
** Submitted for OMB **

Anime Mafia

Winners:
Mafia

MVP: Haza
HM: Phenom

Some relatively good play from town was ultimately undone by an alignment change by Haza on night 2 - A fun game though with some bizarre elements, this will be a case of what might have been.

@Grim pls enter your game review

Last edited:

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
** Submitted for Barry **

James Bond Mafia

Winners
: Mafia

MVP: Odo
HM: Smark
HM: Jeff

A closely fought game where town were down to LYLO but managed to pull off 2 scum lynches to prolong the game, but were ultimately beaten by Odo in endgame.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Seth MacFarlane Mafia

Winners: Reality Aligned

MVP: CP
HM: Haza

The SK was caught on Day 1 which attributed to the game running 8 days in length. PHEN0M successfully argued a lynch off a copped guilty result that led to the GF flipping instead. A fortunate vig shot on the hider destroyed the lovers claim, swinging momentum back towards town. CP, Haza and Odo laid it all down and the pieces were falling nicely, until some very astute play from Jeff and Smark put the game right in the balance. Ultimately Jeff was able to capitalise on the hand granted to him and convinced Wang to mislynch, winning the game for mafia.

Feedback for next time:
* Will better balance roles
* Will have a co-host
* Will have criteria in place for awards

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Better Call Saul Mafia

Winners: Law Aligned

MVP: @Dance Hall Days
HM: Poyser
HM: Jeff

Well this fucking sucked. Between the early fuck up and exploit by Sky and Smark that completely ruined what may already have been an over-the-top setup. The idea was probably obvious if you look at the setup that I wanted some sort of accelerated info/death that would speed up the game but having 2 free town confirmations meant that this would never work.

That being said most of the scum were caught on play. I felt particularly bad for Lethal who was caught on PoE and was actually doing a really good job as scum. Also I love Magic but I don't think he actually looked at the setup as I kept telling him stuff and he was like wtf did you do lol. I sent him all the role pm's but there were clearly some he didn't read.

My MVP was Bananas, I thought his reads were very solid and ended up being spot on minus Barry who was confirmed later. He used his role effectively and brought a lot of useful information to the table particularly leading to the lynches of Phen0m and Chimp. He never had the benefit of a confirmation as many (lol) others did and also had to deal with an high volume of the game happening outside his timezones window of activity which can be extremely challenging.

Anyways it's been fun guys. Ima go play at Perc now where I don't get chewed out for having an opinion. Not that I really care.

GG's

Peace

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Peaky Blinders Mafia

Winners : Bell Ends

Awards -

MVP : Magic.

This wasn't even close, and Magic was in absolutely top form this game. He drew God Father, and played his role as leader perfectly. The moment the game started he was in the QT helping people. He was instrumental in pumping up Smark and Sky. He had great ideas. He was positive the whole time. Just an overall great performance by Magic. Well deserved MVP, congratulations @Showtime !

HM : Sky.

I was really happy for Sky this game. She didn't get sussed early, and generally made some pretty good posts outside a few questionable ones. Just a great improvement from my perspective, and well deserving of an honorable mention. Well done @V.Sky !

HM : Smark.

Smark had a great d1, and got town read of both his claim (sorry!) and his meta play. Along with Sky and Magic, they dominated the early parts of the thread on day 1, and that went a long way to get others in the cross-airs and keep heat off the scum team as they just blended in. He admittedly had a very strong fake and dipped in play a LITTLE at the end, hence why I decided to give Sky the 1st HM. Well done @Undeniable !

Game Recap:

I really enjoyed hosting this game. I was expecting it to favor Town as it had some very strong roles, especially on the protective side of things. Unfortunately, it didn't go that way for Town.

Day 1 was not kind, with lots of townies making themselves look bad, and the strong players having less than stellar reads. Odo day killed Haza which was the BG. That sucked. They then lynched Chimp who was the virgin ( this brought one of the best lines of the game by Tweet, which made laugh just as much as when I saw I drew chimp for that role in the first place. lel).

Both Haza and Chimp died twice. ouch.

Activity wise, wow. Thanks guys! I couldn't have been happier with it. Bananas had to rep out, but he asked me rigth away as soon as it came up, and haza was there to take the job. Brad no-showed :( but chimp offered to rep in right away, so again that was seamless. Really happy with everyone's effort and play, was really nice to see everyone go ham on posting.

Bad day at the office for town, it happens. Setup wise, I was quite happy, I think I had some fun roles that people enjoyed, and nothing was "broken" outside maybe the miller fake claim, which I won't do again.

Overall a really fun game, just wished it had been a tad closer!

Last edited:

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Winners: Kingdom of Wu & The Han Dynasty

Awards

MVP - Magic

Singlehandedly turned the tide against mafia when he repped back in, stops the game from being a routine curbstomp. Wound up losing but more due to the unique nature of the game than his own performance.

HM - Poyser

After the death of Tweet, mostly plowed a lone furrow for the mafia team. Put lots of effort in, but would be the first to admit wasn't quite decisive enough to seize victory when it was available. However, made the game a contest even when the walls were closing in.

HM - Smark

Played his assigned role about as well as he could. Was obvious 'town' without ever really being active or in the crosshairs of the mafia team.

Recap

This was a very experimental game, with two fully fledged but somewhat opposing town factions, and in truth, I had no idea how it was going to play out in real time. However, I'm 95% pleased with the final result, as folk were able to play mafia and ignore the trickery and still be functional, but the extra complexity definitely added to the game and played a part. Activity was feast and famine as ever, with about half the game really putting effort in, and the other half skating by - probably my fault for making such a big game in the first place.

Aside from some balancing hiccups (I thought I'd made the sensor weak enough, but I was wrong), the game went smoothly, and having 4 different factions with a chance to win in endgame is a fairly solid endorsement of the overall setup. Thanks to everybody for playing!

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Ys Origin Mafia

Winners: Darklings (Mafia)

Awards

MVP - Hohenheim of Light

The most active player in the scum team, had a good presence in thread as well as a good grip on the night actions while his team weren't around for the most part, especially during the early phases. While people suspected him of being scum here and there and had him correctly linked to CP, he managed to avoid the lynch that could have swung the game the other direction.

HM - Big Man

Started off slowly as usual but his entrance looked like he put in a lot of effort to solve the game and thus got him plenty of town reads, which allowed him to coast to endgame. People were mildly suspicious of him towards the end, but never even slightly suspicious enough to result in a lynch.

HM - Smark

In his first life as town, while his reads and POE were incredibly accurate, his lack of means to convince people to follow him meant that the reads were of little consquence. Still the best town performance of the game. Repped into the scum team for a player that was widely scum read already, but managed to hold people off from realizing that his reads had made a complete 180 for long enough that it didn't end up mattering.

Game Recap

Click me

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Spaghetti Western Mafia

A wild game that went back and forth between town and scum and saw scum down two by the middle of D2, and two unfortunate modkills from Chimp and TKOK. In the end, Tweet and Banez pulled the victory for scum after a misfire from day killer Jeffatron, who up to that point was keying up to be town MVP.

MVP - Tweet

HM - Banez

HM - Odo

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
WWE Jobbers Mafia

MVP - Chris
HM - Big Man
HM- Poyser

After a rough start losing 3 of his 4 teammates by Night 2, Chris delivered one of the best debuts in years by pulling out a mafia win from a 10/1/1 split. Big Man and Poyser delivered solid performances for town, but they just weren't able to get it done.

Last edited:

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
Tweets Music Mafia II - PR Mania!

Winners: Serial Killer

Awards

MVP - Brutus

Won the game via his tie-breaking win condition and got there by playing to his town meta early on which allowed him to coast to the end. Got more and more nervous towards the end but managed to survive the Mafias attempts to find and kill him.

HM - Skybox

Played a great D1 that locked everybody into thinking she was playing to her usual town game. She started falling apart in thread the more the game continued but never enough for anyone to seriously suspect her as scum. Missed out on the MVP due to losing the tiebreak at the end.

HM - Chris

Saw endgame together with Sky and raised relatively few suspicions on his way there. Lost with the rest of his team due to the Serial Killers tiebreak advantage but put in another great performance for a rookie.

Game Recap

The game was mostly intended for fun and even though the PRs started grating on people towards the end, we got some good laughs out of them. Skybox visibly enjoyed her PR, as did Poyser and Brutus who played their PRs wonderfully. The game had some good heated arguing to it that unfortunately once again resulted in town eating each other alive while the non-town players who were rather weak on paper managed to coast by mostly undetected. Endgame saw the remaining players no-lynch from a 1/2/1 position, from where Mafia literally lost a coin flip to kill the remaining town and Brutus as the SK shot Mafia to result in a 1/1 standoff which he won due to his tie-breaking win condition.

Last edited:

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Tiger King Mafia

winner: Jeffatron (indy)

Draw: Town & Mafia

MVP: Jeffatron

HM: Poyser

HM: Tweetums

Tiger King game was meant to be chaos in sorts to go along with the show though overall everyone mostly had fun. I do think that overall the game lived up to the hype.

Reactions: Poyser and Odo

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
MTG Mafia Angels vs. Enemies

MVP:
Poyser
HM: Magic
HM: Banez

Poyser and Magic are pretty self explanatory. Banez just comes down to the right usage. He created the chain that kept the two names above him alive throughout and meant his flip was essential to scum winning the game. He never died and ALAS scum never really had a chance. Alco deserved an HM just for being persistent and never giving up. Who knows what might have happened if scum had of caught that Tweet soft too, that was the beginning of the end I feel.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon