• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The 2020 Game Record Thread

Odo

Consigliere
Reaction score
Please enter a brief recap of your game once completed, along with any award winners and any other memorable plays you would like to document :)

V.Sky

Thank you. For... finding me.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler velvetsky
Game Show Mafia

Winners: Game Show Aligned (Town) and ??? Aligned (Other Indy)

MVP: Poyser
HM: Tweet
HM: Odo

Town win was never really in doubt. Scum team was determined to be completely screwed by Smark a couple of hours in, and honestly they were right. I really should have rerolled so it wouldn't be made up of two players who were lower tier in WF and two players who had no idea how the QT worked, and no Brits among them. Lethal was a devastating loss for them, which is the first and last time that that phrase will be said. Once Smark was lynched in turn D2, that caused N2 to almost end in no scum kill until I was able to herd OMB into bolding an action in the QT.

Other highlights include Barry needlessly outing himself as SK and eating a duel shot, Rising using his JK to the detriment of town 2/2 times (stopping Chr1st0 from getting info and blocking Raik's kill on Brad), and Odo - having previously been in everyone's town core - acting completely obnoxious so he could be lynched and complete his win condition. Game was effectively over when Gambit determined OMB's fake claimed role didn't exist in the game while Raik offed the other PoE fodder KIF.

Lessons I'm going to learn from this game:
- No more character claiming, it effectively derailed the game when the scum team didn't have the theme knowledge
- If the quality of the teams seems unbalanced, reroll

Char Aznable

The Scissorman
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler rickrude
Favorite Wrestler arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler owenhart
Favorite Wrestler chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team wild
Favorite Sports Team HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team pUtq1ms
WS Mafia: The First Feud

Winners: Mafia (OMB and Wang Chung)

No Awards

OMB and Wang winning had everything to do with Sky and Chimp serving as a major distraction in the early going and Sabretooth, the town doctor, not being very active up until the very end. All OMB and Wang had to do was coast to the end and that's pretty much what they did. Chimp didn't exactly help things though.

Not many highlights since the game was a slog from beginning to end.

Odo

Consigliere
Reaction score
** Submitted for OMB **

Anime Mafia

Winners:
Mafia

MVP: Haza
HM: Phenom

Some relatively good play from town was ultimately undone by an alignment change by Haza on night 2 - A fun game though with some bizarre elements, this will be a case of what might have been.

@Grim pls enter your game review

Last edited:

Odo

Consigliere
Reaction score
** Submitted for Barry **

James Bond Mafia

Winners
: Mafia

MVP: Odo
HM: Smark
HM: Jeff

A closely fought game where town were down to LYLO but managed to pull off 2 scum lynches to prolong the game, but were ultimately beaten by Odo in endgame.

Darth Lethal

Limitless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler therock
Favorite Wrestler stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler wolfpac
Favorite Wrestler shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team 66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team FXYi6FH
Seth MacFarlane Mafia

Winners: Reality Aligned

MVP: CP
HM: Haza

The SK was caught on Day 1 which attributed to the game running 8 days in length. PHEN0M successfully argued a lynch off a copped guilty result that led to the GF flipping instead. A fortunate vig shot on the hider destroyed the lovers claim, swinging momentum back towards town. CP, Haza and Odo laid it all down and the pieces were falling nicely, until some very astute play from Jeff and Smark put the game right in the balance. Ultimately Jeff was able to capitalise on the hand granted to him and convinced Wang to mislynch, winning the game for mafia.

Feedback for next time:
* Will better balance roles
* Will have a co-host
* Will have criteria in place for awards

Raidokken

Chanel #3
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team dallasstars
Better Call Saul Mafia

Winners: Law Aligned

MVP: @Dance Hall Days
HM: Poyser
HM: Jeff

Well this fucking sucked. Between the early fuck up and exploit by Sky and Smark that completely ruined what may already have been an over-the-top setup. The idea was probably obvious if you look at the setup that I wanted some sort of accelerated info/death that would speed up the game but having 2 free town confirmations meant that this would never work.

That being said most of the scum were caught on play. I felt particularly bad for Lethal who was caught on PoE and was actually doing a really good job as scum. Also I love Magic but I don't think he actually looked at the setup as I kept telling him stuff and he was like wtf did you do lol. I sent him all the role pm's but there were clearly some he didn't read.

My MVP was Bananas, I thought his reads were very solid and ended up being spot on minus Barry who was confirmed later. He used his role effectively and brought a lot of useful information to the table particularly leading to the lynches of Phen0m and Chimp. He never had the benefit of a confirmation as many (lol) others did and also had to deal with an high volume of the game happening outside his timezones window of activity which can be extremely challenging.

Anyways it's been fun guys. Ima go play at Perc now where I don't get chewed out for having an opinion. Not that I really care.

GG's

Peace

Jeffatron

Deathknight of Metalandia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler chrisjericho
Peaky Blinders Mafia

Winners : Bell Ends

Awards -

MVP : Magic.

This wasn't even close, and Magic was in absolutely top form this game. He drew God Father, and played his role as leader perfectly. The moment the game started he was in the QT helping people. He was instrumental in pumping up Smark and Sky. He had great ideas. He was positive the whole time. Just an overall great performance by Magic. Well deserved MVP, congratulations @Showtime !

HM : Sky.

I was really happy for Sky this game. She didn't get sussed early, and generally made some pretty good posts outside a few questionable ones. Just a great improvement from my perspective, and well deserving of an honorable mention. Well done @V.Sky !

HM : Smark.

Smark had a great d1, and got town read of both his claim (sorry!) and his meta play. Along with Sky and Magic, they dominated the early parts of the thread on day 1, and that went a long way to get others in the cross-airs and keep heat off the scum team as they just blended in. He admittedly had a very strong fake and dipped in play a LITTLE at the end, hence why I decided to give Sky the 1st HM. Well done @Undeniable !

Game Recap:

I really enjoyed hosting this game. I was expecting it to favor Town as it had some very strong roles, especially on the protective side of things. Unfortunately, it didn't go that way for Town.

Day 1 was not kind, with lots of townies making themselves look bad, and the strong players having less than stellar reads. Odo day killed Haza which was the BG. That sucked. They then lynched Chimp who was the virgin ( this brought one of the best lines of the game by Tweet, which made laugh just as much as when I saw I drew chimp for that role in the first place. lel).

Both Haza and Chimp died twice. ouch.

Activity wise, wow. Thanks guys! I couldn't have been happier with it. Bananas had to rep out, but he asked me rigth away as soon as it came up, and haza was there to take the job. Brad no-showed :( but chimp offered to rep in right away, so again that was seamless. Really happy with everyone's effort and play, was really nice to see everyone go ham on posting.

Bad day at the office for town, it happens. Setup wise, I was quite happy, I think I had some fun roles that people enjoyed, and nothing was "broken" outside maybe the miller fake claim, which I won't do again.

Overall a really fun game, just wished it had been a tad closer!

Last edited:

Odo

Consigliere
Reaction score
Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Winners: Kingdom of Wu & The Han Dynasty

Awards

MVP - Magic

Singlehandedly turned the tide against mafia when he repped back in, stops the game from being a routine curbstomp. Wound up losing but more due to the unique nature of the game than his own performance.

HM - Poyser

After the death of Tweet, mostly plowed a lone furrow for the mafia team. Put lots of effort in, but would be the first to admit wasn't quite decisive enough to seize victory when it was available. However, made the game a contest even when the walls were closing in.

HM - Smark

Played his assigned role about as well as he could. Was obvious 'town' without ever really being active or in the crosshairs of the mafia team.

Recap

This was a very experimental game, with two fully fledged but somewhat opposing town factions, and in truth, I had no idea how it was going to play out in real time. However, I'm 95% pleased with the final result, as folk were able to play mafia and ignore the trickery and still be functional, but the extra complexity definitely added to the game and played a part. Activity was feast and famine as ever, with about half the game really putting effort in, and the other half skating by - probably my fault for making such a big game in the first place.

Aside from some balancing hiccups (I thought I'd made the sensor weak enough, but I was wrong), the game went smoothly, and having 4 different factions with a chance to win in endgame is a fairly solid endorsement of the overall setup. Thanks to everybody for playing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyPrerogative

Latest profile posts

well damn trying to get this efed shit popping damnit
I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
-Mitch Hedberg
Brandalorian wrote on Sterling Golden's profile.
1999 Sting avatar ftw.
Bubsy wrote on Davey Wrestling's profile.
What's your Mom's number again? It's not in my contact list anymore. Thanks.
The Freshest Sexist

Members online