TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Was there a reason you chose 3M or did you just want to have billions at your disposal?
3M is a Minnesotan Conglomerate for one, and there's also the fact a lot of products they produce are used by wrestling on the regular, such as tape for the ropes and whatnot. The backstory is more 3M looking to get into the media business now to become 4M (Minnesota Mining, Manufacturing, and Media), and AWA is a good first step to get their door into broadcasting.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
3M is a Minnesotan Conglomerate for one, and there's also the fact a lot of products they produce are used by wrestling on the regular, such as tape for the ropes and whatnot. The backstory is more 3M looking to get into the media business now to become 4M (Minnesota Mining, Manufacturing, and Media), and AWA is a good first step to get their door into broadcasting.

I mean, that's a pretty solid backstory imo.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
August's Uprising is now in the books. It went better than my last PPV but I still have a couple of complaints.

to2NXvm.png

CCEZEHR.png

First off - I kinda got boned on the main event. It was set to be for the World Heavyweight Championship but because of a weight restriction on the title that I didn't know was implemented, it went down as just a singles match. I guess it's still a big match, just because it's the World Champion against the Cruiserweight Champion but I built up to it as Kidman aspiring to break through the glass ceiling and win the World Championship. Technically, he didn't even challenge for it.

But that's my biggest complaint. The rest of the show pretty much went down how I hoped it would.

Sabu debuted as a last second fill in to team with RVD against Shane Douglas and his goons Johnny Stamboli and Vito LoGrasso. This plays pretty well, because the basis of Douglas and RVD's feud was that Douglas didn't want RVD and other ECW alums coming over to WCW, because he feels like th generation of ECW guys that came after him ran that company into the ground and they'll do the same to WCW. Of course that's vanity on Franchise's part and he's looking like a bit of a chickenshit using The FBI to do his dirty work. I was considering doing a War Games match that would be RVD, Sabu, Tajiri and another ECW alum against Douglas, The FBI and another top heel, but since The FBI just aren't very good, I feel like I wouldn't want them involved because they would drag it down.

DDP beat Kanyon to cap off their years long feud in an unsanctioned I Quit match. DDP was going in with a neck injury that Kanyon caused by piledriving him on the steps, so it had to be unsanctioned from a storyline perspective. DDP beat Kanyon here, and he's going to stay off TV for a bit and come back to start a feud with Dusty who he feels put him in a dangerous situation and also robbed him of a shot at the World Championship that he believed he was owed before this match was booked. This will be the start of a new Kanyon who is still unstable, but now more a scheming disgruntled employee. I'm going to slap him with a body guard, too. Preferably someone young who hasn't been in WCW or WWE yet. I'm thinking maybe Mike Knox since I have him in development already.

Helms beat Karagias who he's been feuding with since the beginning of the game. Now Karagias is gonna head down to development while I think of what to do with him. Helms will begin feuding with Moore who was reluctantly aligned with Karagias. Helms wants to fix their relationship but Moore is tired of being second fiddle to Helms and is hellbound on getting a win over him before they can go back to being friends.

The feuds between Morrus/Jindrak and Stasiak/D'Lo are also done now. I think I'm going to repackage Morrus as DeMott and have him look to shed his comedic role and take his career more serious. Stasiak and Jindrak will continue moving up the card. D'Lo is probably just going to be settled into a midcard role going forward.

Marc Mero was brought in on a pretty short contract. Just wanted to see what he could offer. I placed him a feud with Ernest Miller and Disco Inferno that revolved around the managerial services of Midajah and the US Championship, since those characters just seemed to make sense together. Mero has an upper midcard push but he really isn't bringing much to the table. It's unlikely that I'll extend his contract once he's done and he'll probably transition into a tag team guy for the rest of his run, if I find someone I feel like pairing him with. Maybe even Disco.

I split up the Jung Dragons because I just never liked the group and I think Kaz Hayashi has a bright future as a singles guy in the cruiserweight division. Yun Yang might be headed to development for a little while. To improve himself, as well as to bolster my roster down there and hopefully draw some good grades. I think Kaz will be the next guy to take on Kidman for the CW title.

I have to make a decision, because looking down the line I want to get Rey Mysterio back in the fold once his AOL contract ends, which is in just a couple of months. I want Mysterio to face the CW Champion at Starrcade. Obviously, that's a pretty big match when it happens so I gotta go ahead and build up whoever I want him to face. Kidman is already the biggest deal in the division but him vs. Mysterio doesn't feel all that original. But it is a safe bet.

I've decided to let Chris Harris' contract expire and start pushing James Storm as a solo act. I've barely used AMW at all so far, only as a jobber team every few weeks. Storm has a lot of potential and I've always been a fan so I think he'll be easy to work up the card. AJ Styles is already making huge progress. He puts in some of the best performances of anyone on my roster who aren't main eventers. He's been piling up wins in dark matches for the past couple of months so he's ready to go solo whenever I decide to pull the trigger on that.

The only thing is with Jung Dragons breaking up, Harris soon to be gone and Air Paris probably getting his walking papers sooner than later, I really need to replenish my tag division. Luckily, I just paired up Chavo and Konnan who have excellent chemistry and since I've brought in Sabu, he and RVD can team up whenever I need them to.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Should have changed that main event to have Kidman win since it was non-title and then take off the weight restriction for a rematch at the next PPV and either have him win or Booker retain at that point. IDK I've been fucked up by weight restrictions before too and it's always a bitch bc you can't change it once you get night of the show.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Should have changed that main event to have Kidman win since it was non-title and then take off the weight restriction for a rematch at the next PPV and either have him win or Booker retain at that point. IDK I've been fucked up by weight restrictions before too and it's always a bitch bc you can't change it once you get night of the show.

That's a good point. I gotta change that immediately.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I decided to be kind of aggressive with my expansion in Canada. So, I ran a special from Canada. I didn't want it to be an actual PPV because of the concern over the attendance and the fact it might not score that well. I figured for a one night event that wouldn't depend too heavily on storylines, this would be a good chance to run the Lethal Lottery/BattleBowl gimmick, which would also help me set up a contender for Booker's title since I hadn't positioned anyone to really be the next contender yet. Despite the obstacles of having random people teaming together and the fact I was in a place where my promotion isn't too popular, I pulled a pretty good grade. On par with my other PPVs. Here's the results (and the logo I made for the event because I thought it looked dope).

heEVStv.jpg

WCW Lethal Lottery: Canada

phnC3tR.png

Yep, Mike Awesome is next in line for a shot at Booker. This is mostly going to be a way to split up Storm and Awesome who I see as main event caliber singles guys. But on top of that, Mike Awesome has consistently been on of my top performers in the ring. Him and Booker going at it in the main event of a PPV could very well be my highest scoring match yet.

On the down side of things, Fall Brawl is two weeks away and I'm still not sold on who I'm going to involve in War Games. Jesse James (Road Dogg) will be debuting on the next Nitro and revealing himself as the man who ordered the hit on Dustin Rhodes. So I already have a feud that is James and KnoniK against Rhodes and Tommy Dreamer. I also have a feud going that is Shane Douglas against RVD and Sabu. The storyline between Rhodes and Dreamer began with Rhodes feeling like the ECW alums were going to tarnish the legacy of WCW, but Dreamer has earned his respect now by backing him up against KroniK. So adding Sabu and RVD to the team of Rhodes and Dreamer makes a lot of sense, showing how Rhodes has come to realize that the ECW guys aren't his enemies. So that would mean War Game would be Jesse James, Shane Douglas and KroniK against Dustin Rhodes, Tommy Dreamer, RVD and Sabu. Looks a little weird on paper but it makes the most sense.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I had a day off and decided to just have a little fun with a game of TEW. I used the WCW Lives mod but stayed unemployed for several years, until mid-2005 before jumping in on the action. I became the booker of Absolute Intense Wrestling when it opened, using Steve Corino. The company starts out local, pretty much the bottom promotion in the entire world. I booked a year worth of shows over the span of 3 day. Storylines aren't needed due to our product so that saved me a ton of time. I pretty much just kept one or two stories going at a time, and mostly ran it as a competitive style promotion with mostly random matches outside of the few stories I would run here and there. So, after passing one year, rising to small size and all that jazz, I decided to hold my first special event. I brought in some big names and wrestlers from partner promotions for the show, with some mixed results.

27acOd3.jpg

AIW Absolution 2006

u1dX7LR.png

The special guest I mentioned bringing in were Jeff Hardy, Jushin Liger, Super Crazy, Larry Sweeney and Ultramantis Black.

I paired Sweeney and Black up with Quack (who is a full time member of my roster) for a trios match with three guys who have been with AIW since the start, Jimmy Rave, Jimmy Jacobs and Arik Cannon (aka The Crossbones).

I matched Super Crazy up with Steve Corino, mostly just basing it off their status as ECW alumni, but I also felt like he was the most sensible opponent I could nab that would produce a good, relatively high profile match with Corino.

Hardy just left WWE, so when I saw he was hitting the market I went ahead and scooped him up to use him for this specific event. I put him against Gargano in a ladder match, which as you can see, produced a great outcome for me. I might bring him back, but he still seems like a liability with his drug use, so I'm going to have to ponder it. I did use the meddling option to form a strong friendship between him and Punk, and Punk is loyal to me, so I believe if I bring Jeff back, I'll make those two feud and see if Hardy can stay clean.

Liger turned out to be mistake. He put in a worse performance than Black who is a rookie here. I'm going to go ahead and have him drop the Junior Heavyweight title back to Black at our next weekly show and go ahead and send him on his way, since I only signed him for three appearances.

My main event was in jeopardy because Kevin Steen had been my World Champion for months. He ended up signing an exclusive contract with DDT so he left the company days before this event. Fortunately, Punk returned from an MMA fight the very next day so I was able to sub him in and he won the main event to become a two time AIW World Champion. Punk is pretty much destined to become the figurehead for this company. He has basically all the elements needed, other than the fact he isn't immensely popular yet. But he's my top face, he's loyal to me, and he's in his second reign with the belt which I intend to make a long one.

Another note: The All Star Team is Antonio Banks and Tyrone Evans (MVP and Michael Tarver).

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Found a great 1983 Mod on the site so I'm checking that out right now. Immediately, did some editing here and there to work a bit better, but playing it, I decided to go with the AWA, because of course. Immediately, things I see right now are:

- The Main Event scene is not good, frankly. Your main event guys starting out are Jesse Ventura (who I will retire to make a Color Commentator soon-ish), Ken Patera (who is not great), Nick Bockwinkel (who is 48 by this point), Rick Martel (the only great competitor in the ME scene), and Wahoo McDaniel (who is not long for my company, if I'm honest). I need to get Jerry Lawler a main eventer ASAP to take the title off of Rick Martel once he holds it for a few months, or to take the title off of someone for a time as a sort of transitional champ.

- The Tag Team division is literally nonexistent. You have Patera & Bobby Duncan and The High Flyers, and that's it. It's going to need a major overhaul to fit my vision.

- Hulk Hogan and Curt Hennig are Midcarders by this point, so luckily Vince will not come calling for them and if built up properly, they will be the guys to push AWA to Cult size and hopefully they stick around long enough to push it to National.

- Rod Trongard and Gene Okerlund are the announcing team which isn't half bad, but I might bring in a newer team to replace them. As iconic as Trongard is to Minnesota announcing, he doesn't really fit my vision and I'd much prefer Gene to be an interviewer.

- The backstage score is 71% with a lot of negative relationships. For example, Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan hate each other (even though there wouldn't be any beef until at least 1984), Verne and Hulk don't like each other (which again, doesn't make sense in this point in time), and Hogan is an extremely negative influence. This just doesn't make sense in 1983. Gonna have to do a little editing to fix this.

So with all that, we can start looking at roster changes. Here are the names I'm looking at to fix AWA's stagnant roster and make some interest with it:

Ric Flair: Immediately, Ric Flair is available to hire even though he's working Mid-Atlantic as a Main Eventer. He's also on of the most popular wrestlers in America. He's worth paying the downside for as his skillset will bring great rated matches and angles. Making him the AWA Champion is the right idea.

Midnight Express and Jim Cornette: Immediately I could bring in Bobby Eaton, Dennis Condry, and Corny (in his rookie year) as their involvement will bring a major boost to the Tag Division. While it would take some time to build Jim Cornette up as the renowned manager he would become, Eaton and Condry are good enough in this point in time to cover for Cornette's lack of name recognition.

The Rock 'N Roll Express: Punky & Hoot would also bring a boost in prestige to the AWA's Tag Division, and if I bring in Midnight Express we have a natural rivalry ready to go. Don't know why I wouldn't want to go with this.

The British Bulldogs: This would work twofold, really. One because the Tag Division would be better off for it, and two Dynamite Kid being in the AWA brings more recognition to the Lightweight division, which is the drizzling shits at the moment (I have Steve Regal, Greg Gagne, and Buck Zumhofe as my Lightweights; take a guess which pervert I'm getting rid of).

Randy Savage: I mean, it's Randy Savage. Why wouldn't I? Instant boost to the workrate of my roster and he can help get Hogan and Hennig over the hump into the Main Event.

Roddy Piper: Piper can work as a natural rival to Hogan as they both grow to be Main Eventers and working an AWA Championship program.

The Hart Foundation: I know they haven't formed yet in real life, but I don't know why you wouldn't want to get Bret Hart while he's still available? AWA's tag division with Midnight, Rock 'N Roll, Bulldogs, and the Harts would be a killer division, no doubt.

Paul Orndorff: His workrate would be a good addition and he'd be someone Bobby Heenan would be all over. I'm just not sure if he's gonna be a Main Eventer (which I don't want him to be atm) or not. I want him to be a B+ player helping certain guys get over, but always staying below the Main Event level while challenging.

Jake Roberts: He'd be the quintessential midcarder for the AWA and would help get Hogan and Hennig over as he is the backbone of the AWA International Television Championship scene.

Bruiser Brody: The biggest problem with Brody is he is a massively negative backstage influence. I can't afford any more negative influences even after bringing in Dynamite Kid, he's also working three other companies, meaning his availability is horribly diminished. However, he is insanely popular and would bring eyes to AWA and could potentially be a great foil for Ric Flair.

David Von Erich: It would just feel wrong to bring him in but I cannot deny his popularity and work rate. This one I'm gonna have to mull over.

Larry Zbyszko: This one is a must have. Larry's only 29 in 1983 and if we can get him a Main Eventer we have someone to challenge for the Title on a consistent basis and maybe even winning it down the road. He's also credible enough to put on a great match with anyone. Him, Hogan, Piper, and Martel are four guys I want as franchise players by 1984.

Ricky Steamboat: Steamboat, Savage, and Flair are three guys who theoretically should all have great chemistry with each other. I have no bones about bringing in Steamboat to bring better matches to AWA.

Tiger Mask: He would instantly help the Lightweight division, but he's a freelancer. I'm gonna have to pass.

Sgt. Slaughter: I'm just not feeling it bringing him in at this point in time. Dunno why, I feel he wouldn't fit my image for AWA at the moment.

The Fantastics: I might as well bring them in if I'm making the Tag Division as best it can be in the year 1983. I'm just afraid that would be overkill to bring in Keirn and Lane.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew: The biggest thing to remember is that Arn is a rookie; a very good rookie, yes, but still a rookie. Ole is a negative influence; Arn is a very positive influence so it might just even out. This one I'll have to think about.

Brad Armstrong: Not a need, but a slight want. He's a lightweight and he is a pretty above average wrestler. He'd help the lightweight division somewhat but at this point, I'm just wondering if I should even have a division.

Stan Hansen: It would be much too early for Hansen to come in to the AWA, but I can't deny his popularity. He'd also be like the umpteenth heel I would have brought in. I need faces more than heels. He is 33 and would be great to have around though.

Ted DiBiase: This one I just don't know about. He's 28, could be a decent Midcard face (even though he's greater as a heel), and is a good promo, but I don't really have anything for him if he's a heel, since Roberts is gonna be the midcard backbone. The other worry is him getting auto-pushed as Upper Midcarder and higher, which I don't want right now.

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I been playing tew 05 I enjoy it I did the brand split with the 2012 roster. Miz is my Undisputed Champion and his bodyguard is Cage.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've been reading the TEW 2020 developers journal and it looks like he's changing things up quite a bit, but still keeping it overall the same. He had to restructure some stuff from the ground up so it could be some pretty drastic changes, but everything basically seems like it'll make for a more fun game.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alright so I'm about to attempt a Road to Glory challenge. I'm not going to be as in depth about it and write it like a BTB like Grim is doing, so I'm just going to post some stuff about it here...plus I'll probably be very inconsistent on when I actually run shows. But anyway, here's my character which is the same one I've used in e-feds and as a CAW on wrestling games for like 15 years and also the original company I'm using which I'm assuming will go bankrupt pretty soon anyway. Here's a screenshot of my wrestler and the company's page.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    467.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    499.2 KB · Views: 209

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Results from my ROH TEW PPV

0816191312.jpg

Couple things first off I am running two different brands for ROH.

Decay is not the decay you think Rosemary is on hiatus and Abyss is not signed so instead you get Crazzy Steve Krimson the orginal joker sting that tna tried to do and Daffney

SINN is a stable lead by Jimmy Jacobs which is the duo Tommaso Ciampa and Matt Cross (son of havoc)

Also the revival are kid kash and Dash Wilder

Flex and Funk are flex freeman and marshe rockett

I do have another tag team called Pulp Friction (Juice and Jason Jordan)

LAX which is Low Ki Homicide and Eddie Kingston

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I need to maybe start posting my stuff in here when I do shows. But I normally book so much in a day. So maybe I’ll just post all of it at once. Screen shot stuff and at the end of each day post what my stuff was for that day.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Blaze, you should totally do that. I'd like to see everythin' you talk about in the chatbox in full view.

Reactions: Vegeta