TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
79e053ee2ac83841ac61dabb3989d99d.png

bf4a3b0f41f374d05bffcff8d44a3841.png

3f7512b9081ff406ec3adcfd7ff85ced.png

b22dc6a190b56ff7d0c209ddabdc6b0c.png
659ac72dfbe3ed9c822b5156e4918891.png

3b7f117fe820f41e4b42a24a7e8b2ea9.png

5d368b0ed4ff29bb1c242d0f4b96eee2.png

d863a736c33dfdc6e3bf507605e09af9.png
5d7789ce20a789ca91c5b7a155613b77.png

f54d9c0f09ee3036e60c30bebb070e88.png
b22eb8b7d94d8380551024571b983a71.png
Damn son, why so many titles?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Damn son, why so many titles?

I run three shows a week, two brands and four hour ppv's. I need this many titles for all the content I'm producing and the sheer size of my roster.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I guess i'll give some details on my TNA run.

I'm playing as Corgan. I have the TNA World, TNA KOTM, TNA X-Division, TNA Tag Team and a yearly TNA Cup tournament. I run a PPV every month.

Since I took over, I've secured a prime time TV deal in Mexico and Japan. And a PPV deal in Canada and Japan.

Since becoming booker, I've hired Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Ricochet, BxB Hulk and Akira Tozawa. Mostly for my X-Division which brings in the best matches, and I hope for it to become a top title.

Otherwise, I made $1,161,148 dollars in July. But I have a "Very Low" approval rating, my TV ratings are sinking, losing popularity in droves and getting warnings from my TV providers in Germany and Japan that my show will be canceled unless I improve my ratings. Meanwhile all my feuds have a D rating, and my world title has fallen in prestige from B to B-.

rip

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm going back to TEW 2013. If I remember correctly, I was running Dragon Gate or NOAH.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Playing a 1995 mod as a small independent promotion and oh, isn't foresight a lovely thing?

85211bb868fcfa84d1196bb6c3a4948d.png

I'm going back to TEW 2013. If I remember correctly, I was running Dragon Gate or NOAH.

TEW 2013 was simpler times, although I do love the added complexity of 2016.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I've been putting in a lot of time on TEW 2016 since coming back to it last year. Currently entrenched in a modified WCW Lives mod set in 2001. It's a ton of fun, really, trying to make due with the guys that lead the Invasion in WWF, since guys like Steiner, nWo, Goldberg, etc. are sitting out their contracts like they did in real life. Just trying to do my best to elevate enough guys to fill that void a little.

My biggest draws are Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin Rhodes and Sean O'Haire, but I also have the likes of Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Billy Kidman Shane Douglas, Chuck Palumbo, RVD and KroniK as main event caliber guys.

My next big things according to the creative meeting section are Air Styles, James Storm, Kaz Hayashi, Jamie Knoble and Christian York, all of whom I intend I push pretty heavily, other than York tbh. I've also pegged Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak as potential main eventers down the line.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've been putting in a lot of time on TEW 2016 since coming back to it last year. Currently entrenched in a modified WCW Lives mod set in 2001. It's a ton of fun, really, trying to make due with the guys that lead the Invasion in WWF, since guys like Steiner, nWo, Goldberg, etc. are sitting out their contracts like they did in real life. Just trying to do my best to elevate enough guys to fill that void a little.

My biggest draws are Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin Rhodes and Sean O'Haire, but I also have the likes of Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Billy Kidman Shane Douglas, Chuck Palumbo, RVD and KroniK as main event caliber guys.

My next big things according to the creative meeting section are Air Styles, James Storm, Kaz Hayashi, Jamie Knoble and Christian York, all of whom I intend I push pretty heavily, other than York tbh. I've also pegged Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak as potential main eventers down the line.
What's the story behind WCW Lives? If the real life deal had concluded with Fusient Media, AOL retained minority ownership and I believe they would have still been allowed to use the aforementioned contracted guys. I can fuck with Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin and O'Haire though. :WOW

You should post updates on your shows in here. I'd love to follow along to it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I haven't played in awhile and never felt like downloading mods so I'd always just use the regular cornell-verse guys. Always had the most fun with the smaller promotions bc booking big ones was overwhelming af, but I usually always stopped like two years in when all the good indy talent would get poached by the big ones under contract and the younger guys weren't ready yet so I was stuck with old guys main eventing trying to build up these green fucks into mid-carders when all my main eventers left :(

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Finally, a thread for TEW!

I was thinking of making one just the other day, I'm glad EC brought up this one.

Currently doing the actual run of my 1991 AWA Lives mod, which I plan on running the entirety of 1991 before actually putting it down in writing for a fantasy booker.

• Love

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
What's the story behind WCW Lives? If the real life deal had concluded with Fusient Media, AOL retained minority ownership and I believe they would have still been allowed to use the aforementioned contracted guys. I can fuck with Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin and O'Haire though. :WOW

You should post updates on your shows in here. I'd love to follow along to it.

Yeah, I'll post the PPV results and such as they happen. I'm about to book Uprising right now, which is just my renaming of New Blood Rising since that PPV name seemed pretty specific to a storyline that is no longer playing out. Anyways, it's a mod by Genadi which Big Papa tweaked, so I'm not sure who had the most to do with the backstory, but it's basically just that Mark Cuban came in last second to purchase WCW with the intent to broadcast their programming on HDNet which he would launch in late 2001. For now, we're on Fox Sports 1 which is a pretty small scale broadcaster while waiting for HDNet to start up. The idea is that Cuban wanted to make WCW have more of a real sport feel, too, so the product is changed a bit to favor match quality and realism more than WCW actually did.

Speaking of Uprising though, I did revise the PPV schedule and rename some events. I figured I'd lean into the short names that WCW introduced in its final year and try to make the names a little more modern, as well. I created, edited and stole a new batch of logos to make sure things were uniform as well, which is something that I have to have when I do these kinds of things. The new PPV schedule is as follows -

qpx83hI.png

January: Sin

6tpbja5.png

February: Revenge

xuEVJMb.png

March: Greed

I9vX5st.png

April: Discord

r6BpWKn.png

May: High Stakes

vgk78Xp.png

June: Adrenaline

JHrEqny.png

July: Bash at the Beach

oSe6iU9.png

August: Uprising

IYU4QoA.png

September: Fall Brawl

tgC1wyu.png

October: Halloween Havoc

wYdxApp.png

November: Mayhem

Uwt9zVJ.png

December: Starrcade

I wanted to keep The Great American Bash but I felt like having two PPVs with the word "Bash" in them right after each other no less was kind of whack. I was going to keep SuperBrawl too. Then I remembered how the 2001 version was called SuperBrawl: Revenge and thought that pivoting to just Revenge was a sensible move. Uprising is just a reworking of New Blood Rising since that name seemed pretty specific to a storyline. High Stakes, Adrenaline and Discord were all just kind of thought up on the spot. As far as theme goes, of course BATB, Fall Brawl, Halloween Havoc and Starrcade will keep their concepts. I think I'll try to come up with some kind of theme or specialty match for High Stakes (maybe a MITB or Feast or Fired type deal?) and I may make Discord the hardcore show. Of the logos I made from scratch, I think the Discord one turned out really dope

And my new Nitro logo..

NkcA71A.png

• Love

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That new Nitro logo is sexy! I'm loving some of these new PPV names.

I do have to take you to task for removing the Great American Bash. Fetch a switch, son.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Finally, a thread for TEW!

I was thinking of making one just the other day, I'm glad EC brought up this one.

Currently doing the actual run of my 1991 AWA Lives mod, which I plan on running the entirety of 1991 before actually putting it down in writing for a fantasy booker.
AWA Lives and WCW Lives. Glorious day! I can't wait!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Mark Cuban buying WCW :banderas:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Mark Cuban buying WCW :banderas:

Can't be any worse than my backstory of Jesse Ventura, Jim Barnett, and Greg Gagne purchasing AWA with the backing of 3M. :heston

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Can't be any worse than my backstory of Jesse Ventura, Jim Barnett, and Greg Gagne purchasing AWA with the backing of 3M. :heston

Was there a reason you chose 3M or did you just want to have billions at your disposal?