TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So been thinking, is the Small-Medium size change the hardest jump in the whole game? I feel like transitioning to medium size is extremely difficult unless you have a big surplus of funds to eat the inevitable revenue hit from rising costs.

Its made worse by production penalties and the cost of just getting on a broadcaster. Not to mention, your workers either get scalped by bigger companies, or demand way more just to stay on a written contract.

Or is the Medium-Big jump worse?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So been thinking, is the Small-Medium size change the hardest jump in the whole game? I feel like transitioning to medium size is extremely difficult unless you have a big surplus of funds to eat the inevitable revenue hit from rising costs.

Its made worse by production penalties and the cost of just getting on a broadcaster. Not to mention, your workers either get scalped by bigger companies, or demand way more just to stay on a written contract.

Or is the Medium-Big jump worse?

Medium-big can be hard to maintain bc of pop requirements just being high

But small-medium is ridiculous unless you have lots of funds saved up. Not just production penalties, but depending on your product you'll be required to have more hot storylines and that can be impossible to keep on top of if you don't have enough over people before growth, so then you get knocked right back down to small bc your first medium shows take the penalties in the rating

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Medium-big can be hard to maintain bc of pop requirements just being high

But small-medium is ridiculous unless you have lots of funds saved up. Not just production penalties, but depending on your product you'll be required to have more hot storylines and that can be impossible to keep on top of if you don't have enough over people before growth, so then you get knocked right back down to small bc your first medium shows take the penalties in the rating
Yeah like the tiny-small jump is arguably the easiest in the game because you can just hire people from other companies still and you can have as big a roster as you want.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah like the tiny-small jump is arguably the easiest in the game because you can just hire people from other companies still and you can have as big a roster as you want.

This one only hurt me on one save bc of the storyline penalties I'd mentioned too but I was running RIPW, SWF's developmental, so my talent pool was never going to be very over. I just had to cap my size at tiny for that one

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
This one only hurt me on one save bc of the storyline penalties I'd mentioned too but I was running RIPW, SWF's developmental, so my talent pool was never going to be very over. I just had to cap my size at tiny for that one
Yeah if you're a developmental territory, you're always gonna be fucked unless you're a child company.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah if you're a developmental territory, you're always gonna be fucked unless you're a child company.

It is set as child from what I remember, I had no money issues at all even though they were taking a loss for developmental, it was very minor with their overall profits. I just struggled keeping popular wrestlers on the roster lol I could have signed more outside ones in my own but it didn't feel realistic

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Gonna post random TEW updates here

Plum Mariko suffered a concussion (as always) and will be out until 1994, gonna have to transition her to a non-wrestling role so she doesn't literally die in the ring in this world