• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tater Chasers Second Half Proposed Changes

share your choice

• let's do 1 only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • let's do 2 only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JakeYourBooty

May 22, 2011
Wherever Your Mom Is
www.meatspin.com
Here are some changes I am thinking about making for the second half to increase scoring
1. You get 5 points for every home run the guy you pick hits and 1 point per every RBI
2. You get 5 points for every home run the guy you pick hits and 1 point for every home run one of his teammates makes

I would like to add both of these but I will let you guys vote on it

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
Do the bonus points for RBI/teammates only count if your guy gets a homer that night? It would seem a little odd to be able to get 4 points on your guy getting 2 doubles with guys on 2nd and 3rd when you were initially picking him to hit a homer. At the same time, if your guy goes 0-4 it would be weird to still get points if two of his boys hit homers.

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

JakeYourBooty

May 22, 2011
Wherever Your Mom Is
www.meatspin.com
Do the bonus points for RBI/teammates only count if your guy gets a homer that night? It would seem a little odd to be able to get 4 points on your guy getting 2 doubles with guys on 2nd and 3rd when you were initially picking him to hit a homer. At the same time, if your guy goes 0-4 it would be weird to still get points if two of his boys hit homers.

I would say yes I'm just trying to find ways to make it more exciting.

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
I agree with what Fuji says. You only get the bonus points if your guy hits a homer. I would also say we cant repeat a player for at least 14 days per person.

Say you pick. Stanton for tomorrow he cant be chosen again for 2 weeks.

Do you smell what Tap a Talk is cooking?

Last edited:

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
I would say yes I'm just trying to find ways to make it more exciting.
That's fine then, as long as you still have to get a homer from the guy you picked. Otherwise I think it may get a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

JakeYourBooty

May 22, 2011
Wherever Your Mom Is
www.meatspin.com
Ok how about we scrap the teammate thing and go with one point per homer and one point for every rbi he gets with that homerun? Also only using a guy once every 14 days is also up for debate. I think 7 is fine but this is a democracy

Last edited:

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
I'm good with the 1 point for a homer and 1 per RBI from it rule. 7 days is fine with me as well but if the majority wants 14 that's fine too.

Sylar

Evil Owner
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
I don't see a problem with either being added. I think reducing it to one point per HR and RBI makes most sense.

I also don't see a problem with the team mate rule being added as long as its stipulated your pick hits a HR as well.

I would say to stay at 7 days a pick as I would have a hard time remembering 14 players and when I played them.