Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Big Star Wars news has arrived, and that news can be split into three parts:

1) The name of the first standalone Star Wars film, as directed by Godzilla and Monsters helmer Gareth Edwards, is Rogue One, and it's coming out on December 16, 2016.

2) Felicity Jones, as long expected, is the first confirmed cast member for the film.

3) Star Wars Episode VIII will come out on May 26, 2017. Rian Johnson, of Looper fame, will write the script as well as direct it. This newly-announced release date is 40 years and a day after Star Wars came out in 1977. This means there is just a year and a half after Episode VII, the shortest gap between two Star Wars movies.

The press release gives more details about Rogue One: "The idea for the story of Rogue One came from John Knoll, an Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. He will executive produce along with Simon Emanuel (The Dark Knight Rises, Fast & Furious 6) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War Of The Worlds). Kathleen Kennedy and Tony To (Band Of Brothers, The Pacific) are on board to produce and John Swartz (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will co-produce. The film starts shooting this summer in London."

Rogue One, presumably, will have something to do with Rogue Squadron, and as such, will contain a lot of space acrobatics. If you're not totally in the loop about Rogue Squandron, Wookiepedia is at hand:

"Rogue Squadron, originally dubbed Rogue Flight, and also known as the Rogues, was an elite Rebel Alliance starfighter squadron founded by Commander Arhul Narra, Luke Skywalker, and Wedge Antilles shortly after the Battle of Yavin out of Red Squadron. Rogue Squadron played a key role during several engagements in the Galactic Civil War, serving as the primary defense squadron of the Alliance High Command."

John Knoll, in case you didn't know already, invented Photoshop with his brother Thomas, so when it comes to special effects and manipulating images, he takes some beating. There has been some speculation about this film being about bounty hunters stealing plans for the first death star, or that it might involve the Rebel Alliance in some way. It'll almost certainly be a prequel, judging from the title, and won't take place at the same time period as Episode VII and VIII. But then again, all bets are off...

What do you hope to see in the first standalone Star Wars movie? Let us know... Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens is out on December 18, 2015.

Empire

Rian Johnson FTMFW~!

Them Star Wars about to hit us hard & fast.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah it is, very rarely do I don't know a history involving Star Wars? I don't know what the title Rogue One is about to be about, does anyone do know?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
It will be about the rogue squadron. So it will show either how they formed or how they fought against the empire. Think of the rogue squadron games that came out for the gamecube. It will have galactic fights and show different ships that we probably haven't seen. I would not be surprised if we saw the red group from episode 4.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Awesome can't wait to see those galactic fights on screen. Still what is there importance to Star Wars's history?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Awesome can't wait to see those galactic fights on screen. Still what is there importance to Star Wars's history?
They are the elite squadron of the rebel alliance. They were the ones in the X - wings in episode 4 and the group Luke joined. They were also the ones that flew the ships that took down the At-At's on hoth.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean is their going to be characters that we'll remember from this elite squadron, that we don't already know? Lives were lost to get the Death Star plans, I'm guess this is how all of this ties together?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah it is. I would say maybe Wedge might be the only one we would know if that is where they start it

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Some people are really hating on these news, I've seen around social media. I don't get why, it's not a cash grab, it's a movie to expand our knowledge on the Star Wars Universe. That's not a bad thing..it's a good thing[DDP smile]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Of course it's a cash grab, but there's nothing wrong with that provided the movies are good.

I hate to sound like I'm beating the old dead horse here, but again, my issue is the over saturation. I'm all for more Star Wars, but now it seems like they're coming out too fast. I'll still watch, but I'd hate to get bored by these things like I have with the endless glut of superhero movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Second teaser was released today and it's amazing, I am so excited.

[YOUTUBE]ngElkyQ6Rhs[/YOUTUBE]

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Holy shit...

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
What made this trailer so great, theirs so much left to show us with the old guard of characters and new one, just a beautiful trailer. Kylo Ren ftw!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am hearing that Luke went into hiding because he was afraid that he was to powerful and would hurt people. Which is why they have to find him but he is slightly like Yoda because he went crazy and he has become so powerful that he could match Yoda in the force. When he comes out of hiding his fear of hurting people eventually makes him the nemesis for the next two movies because as Yoda has said before that fear will lead you to the darkside. And one more thing I have heard is someone is living in that downed star destroyer that will shock everyone on whom he is since he is another character from the original trilogy. My guess is Bobba Fett.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I am hearing that Luke went into hiding because he was afraid that he was to powerful and would hurt people. Which is why they have to find him but he is slightly like Yoda because he went crazy and he has become so powerful that he could match Yoda in the force. When he comes out of hiding his fear of hurting people eventually makes him the nemesis for the next two movies because as Yoda has said before that fear will lead you to the darkside. And one more thing I have heard is someone is living in that downed star destroyer that will shock everyone on whom he is since he is another character from the original trilogy. My guess is Bobba Fett.

Wait forgive me I never read the graphic novels of stories that take place after episode 6, but Bobba Fett could be alive?? Explain please, is that thing in the novels?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Wait forgive me I never read the graphic novels of stories that take place after episode 6, but Bobba Fett could be alive?? Explain please, is that thing in the novels?
His suit could not be digested by the sarlac pit so he was able to survive apparently. I could be wrong on my guess but it would be cool that it was him and apparently upon his survival he was kind of crippled which is the description I have heard about the guy living in the star destroyer that is crashed on Tatooine