*SPOILERS Why would Hook....?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Because it's a Championship that means nothing
How? It was a big part of ECW and has a legacy bigger than some think and others don't which is a just a balanced observation.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's very simple. FTW is Taz's title and has been anchored to Hook for a long time. They don't want that title to go on anyone else as they have more than enough other titles. they want Hook to move on to other titles and challenges and now he can because he beat legit upper midcarders clean. The title has served his purpose. As far as meaning a lot to Taz, I have to say, it is a bit disingenuous to use him as a weapon against the retirement. It's very obvious he gave his blessing since day 1 (its HIS title) and he was crying happy tears with his son. This is a silly topic unless you really wanna turn your brain off :draper2

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So it's because of some stupid mark in the scrum? This is one of my problems with TK, he keeps trying to please the Twitter and Meltzer crowd, he doesn't need to.
lol the only mark here is you brother

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
So it's because of some stupid mark in the scrum? This is one of my problems with TK, he keeps trying to please the Twitter and Meltzer crowd, he doesn't need to.
Yep I think so. I know that and most AEW fans know that but however AEW is known for having the best matches for Instance Swerve v Danielson. That was a brilliant match. It had everything in it Drama, Blood, Excitement. I went yes yes yes a bit to much and the wife was like will you be quiet now if she can hear me in a sound proofed room do that then I was loud . I was so happy he won. There's a hell of lot more matches that I could name.

Also I don't think it's necessarily TK, The Bucks are friends with meltzer who I can't stand myself as his scoring system is a load of shit when Kurt Fricking Angie Hasn't had a five star match then I'll just ignore him.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
It's very simple. FTW is Taz's title and has been anchored to Hook for a long time. They don't want that title to go on anyone else as they have more than enough other titles. they want Hook to move on to other titles and challenges and now he can because he beat legit upper midcarders clean. The title has served his purpose. As far as meaning a lot to Taz, I have to say, it is a bit disingenuous to use him as a weapon against the retirement. It's very obvious he gave his blessing since day 1 (its HIS title) and he was crying happy tears with his son. This is a silly topic unless you really wanna turn your brain off :draper2
I was legitimately frustrated when it happened, I had to take a break from the show.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Fucking hell we're all marks. We love wrestling with a passion and if that don't make you a mark than I must be that high I cant come down.

Mark is a fucking stupid word for anything.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Perfectly explained Jeff . As Ospreay would nice one bruv:yep

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I'll through this in let's just all take a minute and all be civil with one another . Life's to short to be bickering about wrestling. We should debate then as I've had many conversations with others we just agree to disagree. Simple as that.

Joint time hehe
I still don't get it.
It's time for Hook to go up a level and not having the title that's not officially recognised is just a way of showing Taz respect and hook will go on and become a TNT champ or Inna a year maybe he gets so hot he gets a world title shot or Goes in a trios team . Sky's the limit for the Guy and I wish him nothing but success as he's proved himself in my eyes.of having the capabilities of being one of the guys in AEW.

Dude just move on as you ain't gonna get the answer you're looking for on a website . Just use you're own logic and come to a conclusion.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fucking hell we're all marks. We love wrestling with a passion and if that don't make you a mark than I must be that high I cant come down.

Mark is a fucking stupid word for anything.
I actually agree and was just horsing around a bit, but fair point

• Love
Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I'll through this in let's just all take a minute and all be civil with one another . Life's to short to be bickering about wrestling. We should debate then as I've had many conversations with others we just agree to disagree. Simple as that.

Joint time hehe

It's time for Hook to go up a level and not having the title that's not officially recognised is just a way of showing Taz respect and hook will go on and become a TNT champ or Inna a year maybe he gets so hot he gets a world title shot or Goes in a trios team . Sky's the limit for the Guy and I wish him nothing but success as he's proved himself in my eyes.of having the capabilities of being one of the guys in AEW.

Dude just move on as you ain't gonna get the answer you're looking for on a website . Just use you're own logic and come to a conclusion.
Okay, my conclusion is it's a stupid AF decision and Tony needs to stop listening to these BS journalists from the scrums.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I actually agree and was just horsing around a bit, but fair point
Yeah I know what you're like. Think we both like a good laugh but still I like you always are positive about AEW . It's very refreshing too hear dude.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it has nothing to do with the reporter.

He won 11 defenses in a row and was in his hometown. no need to overthink it.

Feel how you wanna feel about it though

Reactions: Hidden Blaze