Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
D2Ngrzwl.jpg

Here's another poster, really dig it.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I realise this hasn't been bumped in a while and I'm super late to the party :oops

I finally got around to seeing this. First thoughts are that it's a bit rough around the edges, but I honestly sorta liked that. It doesn't feel like it takes itself super seriously like some other SAW films but the tone of it is still great.

Chris Rock is good I thought, he keeps it feeling light and fun to watch whilst being able to dial it down in the serious moments. Some of the other SAW films were a bit hard to get through as there's no real release from the acceleration. It can be a bit much.

It's gritty and brutal like you'd expect from a SAW movie, and if I'm not wincing at some moments then they've done wrong by SAW.

My only gripe with this movie is I really missed Tobin Bell's voice at parts. When people are stuck in the traps or the tapes are played, it's not the same having another voice say the classic lines.

I didn't really like the voice they used either, It didn't really feel intimidating at all. :heston When Tobin Bell did the voice, it like made you feel hopeless for the characters.I miss the old 'Live or die, make your choice' etc in his signature voice. So that was the only thing that took me out of it as a big SAW fanatic.

I realise this is supposed to be a reboot of sorts though, or whatever they are calling it, so I tried to forget about Jigsaw/Tobin Bell as quickly as I could. Solid movie but I'm not sure I'd recommend unless you're a big SAW fan.

I'd rate it 6/10. I wouldn't watch it again, but it was a decently fun time.

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I still haven't seen this, but now that you have reminded me I will give it a watch. I prefer watching towards Halloween. Great review.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I still haven't seen this, but now that you have reminded me I will give it a watch. I prefer watching towards Halloween. Great review.

Yeah I kinda blew my load and watched 3 horror films today. Probably should have waited until October. Although I tend to lean towards more classic films anyways.

If you liked any of the SAW movies, then I think you should enjoy this. Although Chris Rock can take some getting used to as a lead. I'm not used to him in serious roles at all.