Someone explain to me.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Why they had DB face Jerry Lawler yesterday? Of course the correct answer is #wwelogic, but in all seriousness, can someone come up with a somewhat logical answer to why they did that?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Lawler wanted to have a match and Vince couldn't resist.
Plus, it looked cool to see him in the ring and people were thinking: 'Hey, Lawler could become no. 1 condender!'

But I agree, plenty of other superstars who could have filled in that spot yesterday.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Most likely to throw out curve balls. And if they are pushing Bryan it looks good in his resume to have beaten a hall of famer. No matter how long the guy has been retired. But still. King can still go decently in the ring if at a slower pace.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jose Tortilla said:
Maybe Lawler wanted to have a match and Vince couldn't resist.
Plus, it looked cool to see him in the ring and people were thinking: 'Hey, Lawler could become no. 1 condender!'

But I agree, plenty of other superstars who could have filled in that spot yesterday.

No, it's not cool, it's cringe worthy Blue.

At least he went over clean, Lawler still got good offence which is annoying. I just don't see why you don't give Tyson Kidd to Bryan, have it as an awesome 2-3 minute spotfest match and have it booked as Bryan being a legitimately awesome wrestler. They played on his wrestling ability and submissions at ER really well.

Stopspot

Reaction score
A ten minute Kidd vs Bryan match on RAW or SD would be a free tv dream match. At least they are booking Kidd decently now a days. Even his squash for Cesaro was booked decently since Kidd got some good offence in and got to show of his skills. I even believe he got some pops if small.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Can't have ten minutes in the beat the clock challenge. But they could have easily booked it with Bryan doing absolutely phenomenal quick moves to put him away. Or just have Tyson Kidd flying over the place and have Bryan reverse one move into the yes lock.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah but I was not talking about the beat the clock challenge. I was talking in general. During the BTC they would have had to do it like you said.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Say Bryan takes the title from Punk he could strike a deal with Ace that during Bryans reign only people underneath a certain weight could challenge for the WWE title. Making the big guys only eligible for the heavyweight title. Creating more clear divisions. Tyson and Bryan could hold a short title feud just to feed the smarks some great matches.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Mostly b/c that did not want Byran to vs. a real actie wrestler to make him look better so that have him vs. a 67 years old man to become the number 1 conder!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
Mostly b/c that did not want Byran to vs. a real actie wrestler to make him look better so that have him vs. a 67 years old man to become the number 1 conder!

Explain how having Bryan beat a retired wrestler (Who by the way is 62 not 67). Makes him look better then beating a active wrestler.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Explain how having Bryan beat a retired wrestler (Who by the way is 62 not 67). Makes him look better then beating a active wrestler.

I mean NOT to make him look better b/c that don't want him beating anyone good earn the title correctly!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg