So with Brock gone for a few weeks...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
You mean Punk/Bryan? Punk/Jericho now seems to be over.

And yes, with Brock out at the moment (though who knows for how long, Brock/HHH will probably happen at Summerslam), Punk and Bryan is really all I care about. I don't watch Smackdown.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Punk vs Bryan seemed to be a filler yet amazingly that last minute filler seems to be the only thing people are interested in now, including me. I'm also slightly interested in this new angle of Johnny and Lord Tensai vs Cena. The rest is pretty much bullshit and I'm not interested in anything else, sadly.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I haven't been emotionally invested in a Cena feud in forever. But this Punk v Bryan feud has me interested even without the build. These guys are two of the best guys in the ring at the moment and two of the best mic workers as well. This can end up being the feud of the year if the two are given enough freedom and control of it.

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well apprentely from news ive read Brock got written off tv til over the limit as him losing it backstage after extreme rules was something management were not pleased about

I think CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan could be the main focus

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
The more I think about Punk/Bryan on a PPV, I can easily say it's potentially the most exciting thing for me in WWE 2012 after the Taker/Trips HIAC.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The build for their match doesn't really interest me at all. The match itself should be good.

I hope to God they don't really keep Lesnar off of TV for a month.

Stopspot

Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
The more I think about Punk/Bryan on a PPV, I can easily say it's potentially the most exciting thing for me in WWE 2012 after the Taker/Trips HIAC.

Imagine if they added a stipulation to the match that would actually help it rather then give the match a cheap gimmick. Bryan vs Punk in a TLC match for the WWE title sounds like a hoot to watch to me.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The build for their match doesn't really interest me at all. The match itself should be good.

I hope to God they don't really keep Lesnar off of TV for a month.

What build? The only build so far is Daniel Bryan becomes #1 contender and Punk comes out on the ramp showing off his title. None of us have any idea what's going to happen yet.

And I agree, but he will be, I'm sure of it.

Stopspot, were you not emotionally invested in the Cena v Brock feud? I found that thoroughly interesting. I was more excited for that than Rock v Cena.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
A submission match would work, just give some consistent build to the Vice. That move gets dropped too quickly.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
What build? The only build so far is Daniel Bryan becomes #1 contender and Punk comes out on the ramp showing off his title. None of us have any idea what's going to happen yet.

I'm speaking on the potential build. It doesn't interest me. I'm fairly certain it will be a generic 'DB wants to be champ, but CM punk is best in the world' type build, with maybe a few random tag matches thrown in involving the two, or DB interrupting a Punk match, or any of the other boring ass tricks that WWE uses for a random filler feud.

Wake me up when the match happens

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Stopspot, were you not emotionally invested in the Cena v Brock feud? I found that thoroughly interesting. I was more excited for that than Rock v Cena.

Well okay maybe I was a little bit invested but not to that level were the feud had me on the edge of my seat. The Cena character itself does not interested me and I like seeing him appear more human but then in came Brock into it. I think Brock was the thing that took interest away from me. Brock was never interesting for me either. Cena I had built up some interest for during the RTWM but Brock did not succeed in becoming a big enough monster yet to become interested. He was just a big burly bully and I've beaten up enough of those to not bat an eye at seeing someone who acts like that.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I don't care about the build that much, tbh. It all comes down to a WRESTLING MATCH. You pretty much forget about TEH PROMOZ once the bell hits.

Reactions: Testify

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I'm speaking on the potential build. It doesn't interest me. I'm fairly certain it will be a generic 'DB wants to be champ, but CM punk is best in the world' type build, with maybe a few random tag matches thrown in involving the two, or DB interrupting a Punk match, or any of the other boring ass tricks that WWE uses for a random filler feud.

Wake me up when the match happens

People on Bleacher Report and other dirtsheets have been discussing the idea of a love traingle feud as a possible feud they'd like to see. With Punk being the one to finally get through too AJ that Bryan is treating her like garbage. This would then lead to AJ not knowing which of the two to support and Bryan trying to bend AJ back in line and Punk being the guy saying he will not only retain his belt against Bryan but also teach him not to be abusive to women. If done right I would like to see something like that. It adds emotion to a feud which would otherwise be just like you described it.