Smackdown 2/12...anyone else watch???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
So last weeks Smackdown was interesting and I gotta admit, I watched the whole thing with minimal fast forwarding, which is rare for either WWE show for me these days.

Obviously the Rollins controversy keeping him off TV for that show and the usual absence of the Authority and Cena made me think it'd be a weak show overall and too much focus on Reigns and Bryan.

Boy was I wrong.

The first hour was normal. Decent little matches. Even the Paige/Summer Rae match was pretty entertaining.

But it's the 2nd half that actually gripping TV. And it was basically just one long match pimping probably the 2 biggest stars(for us fans in Daniel Bryan and for WWE and their constant push of Reigns).

It was a Tag Team turmoil match. Where the winner of the first match stayed until they were defeated. It was basically like a damn tag team Iron Man match for Bryan and Reigns.

Most of it was petty decent with your usual domination of Slater Gator and the like.

But in the middle you heard the Uso's music hit and both guys in the ring were obviously worried.

The Usos showed why they're the Tag Team Champs with experience and cohesiveness that Bryan and Reigns obviously couldn't match. Lots of great storytelling going on in there match.

I was a bit worried at the direction at first as when the Bryan/Reigns tag team inevitably gained he upper hand you actually had them make Bryan look like a bad guy beating up on the Usos who were overmatched even having Reigns come down and pull him off of one them.

Almost as if the WWE is trying to make Reigns the sympathizing hero saving his cousins and Bryan the bad guy. Didn't like that at first. But by the end of the match o really appreciated the story overall.

Of course they had to beat a Big Show/Kane tag team to win. And there was a nice show of mutual respect at the end with Reigns helping Bryan to his feet as they looked on at the Wrestlemania sign.

Good show and like I said I was surprised k watch almost the entire show. Especially the entire 2nd hour.

Wonder if they'll keep the hole "force Bryan/Reigns to tag together to cause friction) crap going as they lead up to Fastlane.

But if they do it line they did on Smackdown then it may not be that bad of a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin Bates

Reaction score
The tag team turmoil match was really good because of the stuff between Bryan and Reigns. I also found Summer and Paige's match entertaining but no one else mentioned it so glad you did.

The thing about Bryan being aggressive - I thought it was him being more experienced and knowing they need to win, yet Reigns was making a rookie mistake, especially since The Usos didn't care about attacking Reigns and we're going to be more than happy to get a win. Great subtleties between Bryan and Reigns.