Seth Rollins appreciation thread: The Messiah, The Savior, The Architect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Yeah, please, can we keep that convo out of this thread? It's weird and a bit gross, so stop :lol I am saying this as the mod of the section btw.

Reactions: DammitC

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Uh oh. Good thing I was already done.

:Cocky

On a serious tip though, I have a legit Seth Rollins question. What's is y'all's preferred finisher for Rollins? The Stomp? The Pedigree? The Ripcord Knee? Anybody got a take on that?

Personally, after Hell in a Cell last year I was feeling like he should have dropped The Stomp for a bit. It was all but buried by The Fiend. But, since he is a heel now, The Stomp is just such a perfect finisher for his character. When he ultimately go backs face again and his arsenal opens up a little, I'd like to see some more variance. I wish he would actually win matches with the falcon arrow more often. I believe he beat Dolph with it once but that's the only time I can remember it being a legit finisher. Also, the frog splash. It's one of his signature moves but does it ever beat anyone? I can't say I recall a time he's won with that. I guess that's an issue I have with a lot of wrestlers though. I like to see wrestlers win matches with several different moves. For me, ideally, I'd like for Seth to get occasional wins with the falcon arrow and frog splash, pull out the pedigree on special occasions and basically reserve The Stomp and The Phoenix Splash for like... uber finishers that he only pulls out when absolutely necessary and no one ever kicks out type shit.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Seth's Pedigree suuuuuucked. I hated that he took HHH's move after they made him stop using The Stomp. Was so glad when he dropped it :lol

The Stomp will always be #1 Seth finisher for me.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I only liked him using the pedigree because it played into the storyline with Triple H. And I like Triple H, so it was cool to Rollins, who I also like, kinda paying homage to him. But, I will concede that I wouldn't be sad if he never used it again. :lol

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
I'd prefer he stays with the Curbstomp his entire career. I don't see the big deal in him not finishing matches with the Falcon Arrow or Frogsplash. How many matches did Shawn finish with his elbow drop? Zero. So, don't think that matters in the least, really. The pedigree, some Seth didin't do a good job on, and some the wrestlers didn't take it right. It's definitely the Curb Stomp for me.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just a matter of preference on my part. I think it would have been cool for Shawn to win matches with the elbow here and there. Myself, I've just always been slightly irritated at how most people approach finishes. I think it's kind of nonsense for guys to have one move in their arsenal that can actually score them a pinfall. But worse than that, it's kind of ridiculous what ends matches vs. what doesn't. Johnny Gargano can kick out of three Canadian Destroyers but most wrestlers are down for the count off one Attitude Adjustment. I mean, the Attitude Adjustment isn't even the most devastating move Cena has. His spin out powerbomb would clearly do more damage. It's an unfortunate "plot hole" in wrestling that I know will always exist. It doesn't ruin anything for me. Just a slight nag.

But yeah no. I respect the choice of The Stomp.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just a matter of preference on my part. I think it would have been cool for Shawn to win matches with the elbow here and there. Myself, I've just always been slightly irritated at how most people approach finishes. I think it's kind of nonsense for guys to have one move in their arsenal that can actually score them a pinfall. But worse than that, it's kind of ridiculous what ends matches vs. what doesn't. Johnny Gargano can kick out of three Canadian Destroyers but most wrestlers are down for the count off one Attitude Adjustment. I mean, the Attitude Adjustment isn't even the most devastating move Cena has. His spin out powerbomb would clearly do more damage. It's an unfortunate "plot hole" in wrestling that I know will always exist. It doesn't ruin anything for me. Just a slight nag.

I do think modern wrestling could do with guys having multiple LEGITIMATE finishers that finish matches consistently to make up for false finishes not having the same effect anymore. The downside here is if some of the finishers are significantly less cool than another, there will be disappointment when the cooler one doesn't finish a match.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I do think modern wrestling could do with guys having multiple LEGITIMATE finishers that finish matches consistently to make up for false finishes not having the same effect anymore. The downside here is if some of the finishers are significantly less cool than another, there will be disappointment when the cooler one doesn't finish a match.
Well that's the curse with a lot of wrestling fans. We innately want to see "movez~!" as the jaded internet fanbase puts it. Sadly there isn't much value put into protecting certain moves and creating finishes that aren't obvious. That's just kinda how it goes though, I guess. Everyone has their different tastes and I imagine I'm in the minority and not always wanting to see people pull out their finishers.

That's why I loved Lesnar beating Balor with the kimura in their match. It was a finish that I absolutely never saw coming. I want more of that stuff.

Reactions: Chris

Showstopper

Reaction score

I get what you mean about wrestlers kicking out of 3 Canadian Destroyer's and then can't kick out of 1 finisher that isn't as devestating. That's a pet-peeve of mine as well at times. Although, to be fair, in this era, we do have more and more finishers being kicked out of then in any era of the past. So, even that's catching up, so to speak. Either way, I get your point completely and it's definitely a fair point. Unfortunately, it's just one of those wrestling things that we just have to kind of accept at times, I guess.

I do wish Seth would do the Phoenix Splash, God's Last Gift, and the Frog Splash more often. Seems like he stopped doing the Splash's maybe to conserve his body. When you think about it, even before he turned heel late last year, he stopped doing the phoenix and frog splash's even as a face. I think unfortunately he's done coming off the top. God's Last Gift (the package-piledriver), he should do more, though, IMO.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I get what you mean about wrestlers kicking out of 3 Canadian Destroyer's and then can't kick out of 1 finisher that isn't as devestating. That's a pet-peeve of mine as well at times. Although, to be fair, in this era, we do have more and more finishers being kicked out of then in any era of the past. So, even that's catching up, so to speak. Either way, I get your point completely and it's definitely a fair point. Unfortunately, it's just one of those wrestling things that we just have to kind of accept at times, I guess.

I do wish Seth would do the Phoenix Splash, God's Last Gift, and the Frog Splash more often. Seems like he stopped doing the Splash's maybe to conserve his body. When you think about it, even before he turned heel late last year, he stopped doing the phoenix and frog splash's even as a face. I think unfortunately he's done coming off the top. God's Last Gift (the package-piledriver), he should do more, though, IMO.
I don't know if he'd even be allowed to do the God's Last Gift. I kinda figured that was ruled out because WWE is against doing piledrivers. Hence why Owens had to ditch his too.

As for the splashes... he was using the frog splash a good amount last year I feel. The phoenix splash is one of those that he's only done a handful of times in his WWE career and it tends to come in his biggest matches. Off the top of my head I think the only times I can personally remember him doing it was in that Royal Rumble triple threat against Cena and Lesnar, and in his SummerSlam match against Cena. I like the idea of him not using it much. If he uses it again, which I hope he does, it'll get an awesome pop.

Showstopper

Reaction score
I don't know if he'd even be allowed to do the God's Last Gift. I kinda figured that was ruled out because WWE is against doing piledrivers. Hence why Owens had to ditch his too.

As for the splashes... he was using the frog splash a good amount last year I feel. The phoenix splash is one of those that he's only done a handful of times in his WWE career and it tends to come in his biggest matches. Off the top of my head I think the only times I can personally remember him doing it was in that Royal Rumble triple threat against Cena and Lesnar, and in his SummerSlam match against Cena. I like the idea of him not using it much. If he uses it again, which I hope he does, it'll get an awesome pop.

Yeah, go back and watch his matches from last year. He stopped doing the frogsplash sometime mid-last year. The Phoenix Splash he did alot from 2012-2015. After his knee got wrecked, he stopped doing it, though. As for God's Last Gift, he did it alot in FCW and did it once on the main roster; SummerSlam 2016 vs. Balor, and that was it.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, you're right, the Phoenix splash was fairly common in his SHIELD days especially now that I think about it. I don't blame him for cutting it out for the most part. I do hope he does it at some point though, just for the reaction.

As for the frog splash, it is what it is. That isn't much of a heel move anyways imo and I thought back during his days as The Architect, he was doing way too many crowd pleasing moves for a heel anyways. Maybe he's being more mindful of it this time around and cutting out moves that would usually get a big pop.

Showstopper

Reaction score
EYBMG8LWAAE8aQq

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Reminder that this is positive comments only. This is the "Appreciation Thread". Negativity isn't allowed in the section.

Reactions: DammitC