Sequels That Are Better Than The Originals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
Kind of a counterpoint to the Worst Sequels thread.

I nominate:

- Police Academy 4
- Rush Hour 2
- Scream 2
- Shrek 2
- Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey
- The Rescuers Down Under
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Asterix and Obelix Operation Cleopatra
- Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
- The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Back to the Future 2
Young Guns 2
Terminator 2
The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Aliens

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Spider Man 2
Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
Batman Returns
The Empire Strikes Back
The Bourne Supremency
The Ring 2 (US not Japanise)

I don't go along with people who think that Aliens is better than Alien and that T2 is better than the first one. Aliens is solid and they do an interesting twist on the story, but it just isn't as scary or as well directed as the first, plus the sense of supense has gone. T2 is overlong, over blown and the second half the film runs out of steam, also making Annie the good Terminator was a bad idea. The oringinal was far more like a thriller and much darker, with better characters.

Pete

Reaction score
Spider-Man 2? Seriously? That was a major letdown for me. Especially the wildly unrealistic ending.

Still better than Spidey 3 though...

rcoot93

Reaction score
Why are so many people saying Aliens it sucks and is unoriginal and was written and directed by James Cameron, who thought I can only make it scarier by adding millions of aliens and totally runing the concept, oh and he created Newt too the most annoyng charhcter ever.

I would go for nightmare on elm street part 2
evil dead part 2

The_King

Reaction score
I'd say Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It has one of the most epic battle scenes in any movie, and it really pushes the action for a good portion of the movie. Return of the King was by far the worst of the three for me. It had too much of a hopeful feel throughout despite the fact that these guys were on the brink of doom, and the ending is so dragged and doesn't fit the mood of the trilogy.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are going to shit on me, but I personally liked them, the Transformers movies after the first one, and the Matrix movies after the original. So much more action, how can you not like robots beating the shit out of each other?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rocky IV
Die Hard 2
Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Spider-Man 2? Seriously? That was a major letdown for me. Especially the wildly unrealistic ending. Still better than Spidey 3 though...

Can't believe you are complaining about an unrealistic ending to a Spider Man film! lol. I quite liked the first one, but I just felt the second was darker and had better effects.

New Nightmare is a good short, but it is an alterative rather than an improvement on the first film which is great. Can't agree with Die Hard 2 it is decent, but the first one was the perfect action movie.

Pete

Reaction score
LOL I knew someone would bring up that argument. But what I'm talking about is: how many times does a bride leave a hunky, rich and ACTUALLY DECENT guy at the altar in favour of a broke, emotionally manipulative nerd?

....Right?!

Pete

Reaction score
I'd say Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It has one of the most epic battle scenes in any movie, and it really pushes the action for a good portion of the movie. Return of the King was by far the worst of the three for me. It had too much of a hopeful feel throughout despite the fact that these guys were on the brink of doom, and the ending is so dragged and doesn't fit the mood of the trilogy.

For the last time, about the dragged-on ending: THAT'S THE POINT. No way Tolkienites would let the movie end on anything BUT that sentence from Sam, and this way you tie up ALL the loose ends. This is not the Harry Potter series, where all the important plot points are left out in favour of another scene with Emo Malfoy crying (MAN I hated that movie!)

For me, ROTK is a modern-day classic, and one of the best movies ever made. It topped my "favourite movie" list for a LONG time, until I saw City Of God. It's everything the book isn't, since actually SEEING battles is much better than just READING about them. Two Towers was the weakest of the films for exactly the opposite reason (it is my favourite of the books, and a lot of the good bits get left out). It still had a lot of Pippin and Merry, which is always a good thing.