Seamus finally got his credibility boosting win....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

....Only it was against, IWC darling, Christian.

So, what do ya'll make of Christian's CLEAN loss to Seamus on this week's Raw?

...Is Christian a big enough star to give the Celtic Warrior the necessary boost in credibility?

...Do you think this signals anything specific for either of them in the near future?

...How pissed are the Christian marks? LOL

chessarmy

1. Not really, he's been on ECW for the past 50 years and I think many forgot he even worked for WWE. Thank god they're pulling the plug on that Tuesday night show so Christian can go to one of the brands that actually matter. With that said, Sheamus probably shouldn't be losing to Christian anyways, he's the WWE Champion and he SHOULD look strong

2. For Sheamus, I guess it signals that WWE is still confident in him as champion. For Christian, it's a good sign that he was even given this spot, he didn't get completely squashed by Sheamus so I was fine with it. Hopefully if Christian goes to RAW, he doesn't rot in the mid card

3. I'm guessing they're pissed :laugh:

noumenon

-Christian is an established name and has been booked to look pretty strong and credible lately. HOWEVER, why would you allow Sheamus to beat Christian who he has no affiliation or connection to and not the people he was actually feuding with? It makes no fucking sense. An as Chess said, as the WWE champion he should logically be able to beat the ECW champion cleanly if you want to go in terms of title importance and ranking...he should in fact be able to beat anyone in the company. However I don't think I was the only one sitting back and waiting for Christian to get the pin. And I wouldn't have been shocked if he did.

-I think this is basically WWE's response to realizing how poorly they've booked the guy through his title reign. It's their last minute pity win for him before EC probably. Kind if like "hey, we're never gonna have this guy pin Orton or Cena so fuck it...may as well give him SOMEONE to beat cause they didn't buy that Bourne shit."

-Christian marks have no right to bitch. Christian has beaten everyone he's faced INCLUDING JERICHO since his WWE debut. So losing to the WWE champion surely isn't anything to bitch about.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
-Christian is an established name and has been booked to look pretty strong and credible lately. HOWEVER, why would you allow Sheamus to beat Christian who he has no affiliation or connection to and not the people he was actually feuding with? It makes no fucking sense. An as Chess said, as the WWE champion he should logically be able to beat the ECW champion cleanly if you want to go in terms of title importance and ranking...he should in fact be able to beat anyone in the company. However I don't think I was the only one sitting back and waiting for Christian to get the pin. And I wouldn't have been shocked if he did.

-I think this is basically WWE's response to realizing how poorly they've booked the guy through his title reign. It's their last minute pity win for him before EC probably. Kind if like "hey, we're never gonna have this guy pin Orton or Cena so fuck it...may as well give him SOMEONE to beat cause they didn't buy that Bourne shit."

-Christian marks have no right to bitch. Christian has beaten everyone he's faced INCLUDING JERICHO since his WWE debut. So losing to the WWE champion surely isn't anything to bitch about.

After reading this, I'm ok w/ Christian losing to Sheamus. I hadn't realized that Christian had beaten everyone.

MizMasta3000

Benjamin got a clean win over Christian. Big deal. If Benjamin is still not doing anything then how would this give Sheamus (WWE Champ) over on RAW, credibility? You want to give him credibility give him a clean win over a guy like HBK. Credibility plus more added to HBK's My career is over charade.

LKP

Its Sheamus not seamus first of all.

I think sheamus defeating christian on raw was ok i suppose. Christian has been winning matches for over a year now and i think one loss to sheamus will not hurt his credibility. A bit late for the sheamus's biggish win.

Dr. Evo

Reaction score
I wasn't happy to see Christian lose but it's a sign that Vince is confident in Sheamus as a future main eventer full time with the big guys. I mean sometimes you see guys become the top champion and then slowly move down the pecking order and go for either the IC or US title. I'm happy that Christian did get in a good level of offence and not get completely wiped out.

Reaction score
Good for Sheamus. As for Christian, it's just the start of his descension back to the mid card, not only because WWE really doesn't have any plans for him, like I stated many times, but also that's where every ECW champ goes after ECW. Swagger, Hardy, Morrison, Henry, Kane and so on. The only exceptions being Show and Punk. I don't care how well of an ECW champion he was booked to be, that's all moot when 1/3 of the other show audiences are watching that show. They really don't have plans for the guy, but I hope I'm wrong, but judging with the last 7 of 8 ECW champs, I doubt it.

Axis

It's the continuation of a slow push for a mediocre-decent wrestler. Nothing to see here, imo.

xtremebadass

I think this give Sheamus some credibility. He cleanly beat the longest reigning champion in the entire WWE right now. However, it was the ECW champion. It gives Sheamus some credibility as champion, but Christian isn't WWE Champion material. I still need more from Sheamus to actually make me believe he is a legit WWE Champ. I am still awaiting to see how he turns out in the chamber. So far that will be his defining moment as champ thus far.

Great One

Not really a big deal, certainly not enough to make a thread. Sure, I was sad to see Christian lose, but like nou said he's been booked incredibly. Plus he put up a good fight and had a pretty damn god match for that amount of time (arguably got the best match out of Sheamus yet, so mediocre-decent wrestler my ass), and got some nice exposure with the top of the game.

Good for Sheamus. As for Christian, it's just the start of his descension back to the mid card, not only because WWE really doesn't have any plans for him, like I stated many times, but also that's where every ECW champ goes after ECW. Swagger, Hardy, Morrison, Henry, Kane and so on. The only exceptions being Show and Punk. I don't care how well of an ECW champion he was booked to be, that's all moot when 1/3 of the other show audiences are watching that show. They really don't have plans for the guy, but I hope I'm wrong, but judging with the last 7 of 8 ECW champs, I doubt it.
Yeah, but I don't think any were as over as Christian (Hardy closest). I didn't really think he was that over, but on Raw that was pretty damn big.

maty619

Reaction score
I think this way to late and like nou said it was to the wrong guy. First of all his first half decent win two weeks before he defends his title in a match that he must win cleanly is way to late, if he does win the chamber we could be in for one of the worst WM main events ever (not because Sheamus isnt good enough, just because WWE is afraid to make him look good). Second Christian is just a random person to win against and that imo wont be the begining of a dominant Sheamus but a jobbing Christian, I hope not but I cant see where Christian will fit out of ECW.

Axis

Yes, the WWE is afraid to make him look good. Do you know how stupid that sounds? Has it dawned on you that it's the other option--that he's just not that good?

MizMasta3000

Sheamus is great. WWE isn't giving him the ball. They have no faith in him at all.

Axis

Why is Sheamus great? Present me with a list of great matches that Sheamus has had. I don't mean good, solid TV matches like he had with Goldust on ECW. I mean legitimately great matches.